Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Could You Ever Trust Our Board Again?

i have never nor have seen anyone say that anyone at the club is stealing. i have merely said, there is no reason why we cant re invest money from income back into the team.

a post will be left on here as to if the demo will go ahead on tuesday or not. this would however be merely a postponment untill we are safe

i have never and would never chant against the team, board or manager inside the stadium and am totally against this.

i have no further comment to make untill the weekend, only that i predict a 3-1 win for city at oakwell.

Lee Oliver

On the ball city!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]investment and 100% of any transfers out. And most importantly, honesty, we, the fans are the lifeblood of the club and deserve to be trusted a little more, we deserve to know the whys and why nots[/quote]

Yes and No.

Yes we need invstment in the squad for Grant to build his OWN squad.

But No

At some point this club has always told the fans what is going on whether they believe it or not......however to reveal things at the wrong moment could and would be detremental to our beloved home. If you knew that someone had X amount to spend on an item you were selling then you would push for that amount where as if you didn''t know you would take what you can get!!

I don''t know what goes on in the back scenes of the pub i drink in yet i spend probably more money in there than i do on my season ticket etc.....Worth thinking about??

Bring on the onslaught of BOARD LOVER abuse!!!

[quote user="theolster"]

i have never nor have seen anyone say that anyone at the club is stealing.

[/quote]

Lee,

I didn''t suggest you specifically. I can tell you though 100% truth that it HAS been mentioned on this forum on a few occasions recently. I only wish I had the patience to search for the comments and redirect you to them. 

Board in or out...it''s entirely debatable. 

But the board stealing?...Without hard facts the accusers are risking getting themselves in a lot hotter water than Delias poaching pan. 

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

Sorry Shaun, but I think we should have £2-3million lying around somewhere for Grant to use.

[/quote]What like there''s a safe in delia''s office with 3 million in used bank notes that shes saving for a rainy day or a new restaurant? Get real any spare cash the club has will be being used for something, paying of debts/bills/high wages. Presumably grant has a transfer budget for the summer, so some cash must be earmarked for that but i''d be suprised if it was much more than a million. Also i have no reason not to trust the board they''ve made some mistakes true but i do belive thay have done everything in good faith and are trying thier hardest to do a virtually impossible job. [/quote]

You didn''t read my post. I didn''t say we have got this sort of money lying around, I''m saying we should have.

If the club hasn''t got this money then where''s it gone? As you said, high wages, paying of debts and probably expansion elsewhere in the club. I think that''s wrong. Money raised by players should immediatly be converted into money to spend on players. This occurs at most clubs; Crystal Palace for example. The fact that this club has thrown away a fortune by paying poor players high wages and conducting business with high charging agents is yet another sign of the failure of the Worthington legacy.

The fact is is that £10million in fees for players has been wasted frivilously. Grant needs to sort that out.

[/quote]Your quite right i didn''t read your post correctly apologies for thisI agree that vast amounts of money have been squandered on sub standard players fees & wages but would add that much of the blame for this must surely be attributed to the manager i.e worthington. I also would like to see more of the income from transfer fees reinvested back into the team but only if it is not going to jeapodise the long term stability of the club, if a bill needs to be paid it needs to be paid it''s no good spending millions on players only to go into administartion because we can''t pay bills/wages and end up having to sell them all anyway.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

I''m grateful for all your replies guys, but only three of you so far have hinted that given the right conditions, they could forgive and trust the board again.

And that was my question.......could you forgive and trust the board?.

In respect of recent ''heated'' disscusions on here of late, I was surprised and pleased to read the reply from Smudger............nice one my man.

[/quote]

That is ok my friend... water off a ducks back to me.

Once again I know that I have stepped over the mark.  I regret that such comments have had to be made in order to make a lot of people question their beliefs and sit up and take notice of what I and many others feel is the root cause of the majority of the current problems at the club.

I am a fair man and have nothing against Delia & Co as people themselves (like I said before she would always be welcome to sit next to myself at a game if I did start coming back and would have no reason to feel threatened in doing so...  I would even applaud her for what she tired to achieve in her time at the club).

This does not alter the fact that I think drastic changes now need to be made to this current faltering regime for us to be able to move forward as a club again....  I just want what is best (in my own and a lot of other peoples eyes) for the future of NCFC as a FOOTBALL CLUB!!!

WE MUST INVEST IN THE TEAM!!!

[/quote]Smudger i have a lot more respect & time for your thoughts on the current situation at carrow road when you don''t go OTT and call everyone apathetic muppets with our heads in the sand. The above post is very reasonable and honest and shows to me that any accusation of you being an ipswich fan is boll**s. Keep this up and you just might bring a few more people round to your way of thinking.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]The question from RONBOL RONBOL however has turned a good natured thread in to something extremely different!!!![/quote]

Well actually smudge old bean (note use of lower case, upper just looks plain rude), the next 10 posters answered the question without any reference to any one man and their dog going for a walk from the swimming pool. 
[/quote]

Apologies for that one... posted it on the wrong thread!!!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

I''m grateful for all your replies guys, but only three of you so far have hinted that given the right conditions, they could forgive and trust the board again.

And that was my question.......could you forgive and trust the board?.

In respect of recent ''heated'' disscusions on here of late, I was surprised and pleased to read the reply from Smudger............nice one my man.

[/quote]

That is ok my friend... water off a ducks back to me.

Once again I know that I have stepped over the mark.  I regret that such comments have had to be made in order to make a lot of people question their beliefs and sit up and take notice of what I and many others feel is the root cause of the majority of the current problems at the club.

I am a fair man and have nothing against Delia & Co as people themselves (like I said before she would always be welcome to sit next to myself at a game if I did start coming back and would have no reason to feel threatened in doing so...  I would even applaud her for what she tired to achieve in her time at the club).

This does not alter the fact that I think drastic changes now need to be made to this current faltering regime for us to be able to move forward as a club again....  I just want what is best (in my own and a lot of other peoples eyes) for the future of NCFC as a FOOTBALL CLUB!!!

WE MUST INVEST IN THE TEAM!!!

[/quote]

Smudger i have a lot more respect & time for your thoughts on the current situation at carrow road when you don''t go OTT and call everyone apathetic muppets with our heads in the sand. The above post is very reasonable and honest and shows to me that any accusation of you being an ipswich fan is boll**s. Keep this up and you just might bring a few more people round to your way of thinking.
[/quote]

Thanks for your comments SAY HELLO...  they are much appreciated...

I know that we haven''t seen eye to eye on most things (and I am not saying that I will not have heated debate with you in the future)...  I will however remember this post and always try to answer any future criticism from yourself with the respect it now deserves.

Always remember RESPECT is a two way road my friend!!!  [;)]

Alex-thanks for clearing that up. It is foolish to suggest that anyone at the club is stealing and anyone who does so should be ashamed. Even more ridiculous is that we want the team to fail so we get more support-ridiculous claim as i have been following norwich since the 60s and  away from the early 70s and would never want us to lose.Do people think i wanted us to get relegated when mr chase was here?.All i have said is that dosent make sense that with the incomings weve had that not more money goes on players.yes a friend went through the clubs accounts this morning, and i am quite satisfied with everything, but there is too much money going on off the field ventures rather than placing it onto the field.I wish to state again this is not a bullying campaign-we are peaceful campaigners.we will never all agree on the board situation and like i said i will do my best to get it put off untill we are safe from relegation if we feel that its best for the club. I have nothing personal against delia or the board and am grateful for what they have done, i just feel they have let us down from the promotion season to this date.I am 100% behind the team and manager and dont condone any aggressive behaviour towards the board and apologise if any of my posts have been interpretured this way.I will not and never have chanted against players, managers or board members inside carrow road or other stadiums and dont encourage anyone to, as this is the place we got to,to support the team.I will inform you all whether its on or off at the weekend-it will only be untill we are safe, and those who have threatened to "gang up and confront us" it will have no bearing on our decision, after all i have never hid and wont start now.thats my opinion everyones entitled to one. lets stop turning this forum into a bitching contest!

On the ball city, and all the best for saturday!

Theolster

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/821112/ShowPost.aspx

The thread Alex refers to is here. I thought it was disgraceful even though there was some back-tracking halfway through.

The questions I asked on this thread remained unanswered similarly to the questions I asked you yesterday and in my thread today. I thought they were reasonable questions although I accept that no poster is under any obligation to answer anothers questions.

I have no reason to doubt your motives are sincere although I feel that they are misguided. I have no problem with you and no wish to fall out with you. My offer to lend you my financial report on Saturday still stands so just say the word and I will take it with me.

I do however doubt some of the other posters motives, especially from the "has Delia already reclaimed her initial expenditure" thread.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Theolster

The thread Alex refers to is here. I thought it was disgraceful even though there was some back-tracking halfway through.

The questions I asked on this thread remained unanswered similarly to the questions I asked you yesterday and in my thread today. I thought they were reasonable questions although I accept that no poster is under any obligation to answer anothers questions.

I have no reason to doubt your motives are sincere although I feel that they are misguided. I have no problem with you and no wish to fall out with you. My offer to lend you my financial report on Saturday still stands so just say the word and I will take it with me.

I do however doubt some of the other posters motives, especially from the "has Delia already reclaimed her initial expenditure" thread.

[/quote]

Cheers Nigel, that was exactly the post I had in mind...Makes very interesting reading now.

Nuttynigel-

The thread was actually removed due to personal abuse and threats.thanks for the offer but as stated in previous post we had a copy this morning and a friend went through it. the thread in question is debatable but we say a lot of things when we are passionate about something, e.g the group who threatened to "gang up and confront" me this morning,im still here am i not?.Thought it was illegal to make threats? Anyway, like i said for the teams sake we are considering postponing untill we are safe from relegation. For those of you who care to know we believe we would have more support in this case-but then according to some people we want norwich to lose??? having followed the club since the 60s and away since the early 70s for people to come on here and suggest we are attention seekers, we were not around for the chase riots etc-what garbage! My son was there at the chase out demos let alone me,and as for attention seeking-for christs sake im going to be a grandad in 2 months why would i seek attention? and if so why isnt my face in the evening news alongside my comments? We are peaceful supporters and anyone with any other ideas is not welcome.Some of the tripe we have been accused of is pathetic, but any constructive crticism is more than welcome-remember this is not a bithing competetion its a forum! Cheers nutty nigel.

Lee oliver

on the ball city

Please don''t think that I in anyway support any of the nasty stuff from that thread Theolster. There is no place for that here.

Theolster

[/quote]

Still trying to put LEE off the protest are we NUTTY??? 

Just let it drop will you?   As Lee has already stated he will make the decision whether he goes ahead or not and I and many others I am sure are willing to back Lee''s judgement.  I am not 100% sure if I would like the demo to go ahead next Tuesday or not, but I am sure that I would like it to go ahead at some point soon.  Whatever Lee chooses to do he has my support!!!

As for trying to drag this post up again I really can''t believe you...

I have never tried to suggest that Delia has done anything unproper please point me to anywhere you feel 100% clearly that is the case).  My statements in that thread refer to that in my opinion I would not think for one minute that Delia has not safeguarded her future (if you believe different again that is entirely up to you)... 

I can see how people may of misinterpereted what was initially said in that post...  but I also believe that yourself and others (as in many other threads) have tried to twist what was said and to put words in to my own and other peoples mouths in an attempt to defend your side of the arguement.

I do not wish to get in to another debate on this matter NUTTY...  just thought that I would make you and others aware on my feelings regarding this particular issue.

For those of you who have hijacked and corrupted this thread for your own Soapbox...............I say this.

Could you ever trust our board again?.

Thats a simple enough question, so could I have a simple enough answer please!.

Actually, I object to the whole thread, as the first post is based upon the suggestion that the board have been untrustworthy and have done something that requires forgiveness.  So on that basis we should all just let it slide off the page and move along.

Go on.

On with you.

Nothing more to see.

* whistles *

* Gets coat *.

[quote user="Shaun Lawson"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Hmm?, thats a difficult one for me to answer. I just don''t know.

As you know, I''ve never liked or trusted Delia and Co. From the Walker sacking to Granty''s appointment, there''s always been major issue''s with me. They waited far too long to oust Worthy and gave PG very little transfer cash in January.

However........

City are my team, from boyhood to now (51 years) and old habits are very hard to break. But giving time and more importantly, investment in the team................I believe I could learn to love, or at least, respect them again.

Could you and what would it take?.

[/quote]

Even I could let them get on with things if I saw that they were once again making every effort to move the club forwards Wiz...

The spending of £2million to £3million on 3 or 4 capable players in the summer would be a good start (excluding any money coming in for selling Earnie or any other players).  Any money coming in to the club at this moment in time should be given to Granty to rebuild the squad.

[/quote]

Posts like this make me want to scream. Where do you think £2-3m is going to come from, Smudger? Do you think it''ll magically drop out of the sky? Next season, we lose £7m (count it) in revenue because of our parachute payments running out: any club has to make significant cutbacks in such a scenario. And that''s not the fabled ''lack of ambition'': it''s making sure we still have a club to support!

We only made the play-offs and ultimately went up in the first place because the club gambled with money it thought it had, but actually didn''t (the ITV Digital money). In the absence of another deal like that happening again, I can''t for the life of me see where your £2-3m is going to come from. All Grant can do is offload some of our highest earners (Safri will certainly go, Colin - because Grant clearly doesn''t rate him - will too, Drury might, and I fear Dublin could: he''s had a marvellous impact here, and I hope desperately we keep him on, but I''m not at all convinced the club would consider it prudent, given its much-reduced circumstances next year), get rid of players who aren''t good enough like Doherty, having already done so with Robinson (I''ve a feeling he''ll keep Hughes and perhaps Etuhu though), release a few younger players who aren''t thought likely to make the grade, and make cheap signings with the hope that they''re as good as Lappin, say, is proving to be. But anything more is, I''m afraid, complete and utter fantasy.
[/quote]

Where was the 2m pounds to buy David Cotterill in August last year to have come from, then? And where is it now?

Your scenario suggests that we may as well pack up our bags and go home - and forget the legacy of performance left by South, Watling and Chase. They had balls.

I should be screaming. Not you.

OTBC

This is just old Wiz hedging his bets isn''t it?

One good result (which was in doubt until the end) and the stance of so many begins to soften.

I have said and stand by the belief that this is not the time to have a go at the Board, Manager or team as we need 11 points.

Let me assure you though that I remain deeply unhappy with certain elements of the Club and once our fate is decided will return to fully expressing my views about them.

I can keep my powder dry meanwhile and look at the big picture but I also have a good memory.

All that matters for now is taking a point or three off Barnsley on Saturday.

Smudger

Am I trying to put theolster off the protest? I was just posting a point of view. Does theoslter mind me having my say just as he has his? I have no problem with him and believe he has no problem with me. You on the other hand are aggressive and have bad manners. I could say more but I won''t. I have never had a post refused for being abusive and don''t intend to start now.

It''s quite possible for posters of differing points of view to get along ok on this board but it seems that only works if you are not involved.

1st Wiz, to be fair, your thread is going to get more than a simple Yes or No answer. You''re not asking do you think the board should stay or go, you''re asking can we ''trust the board again''?. I don''t know what that means in your book but your average human being would read this as suggesting the board have done something ''sneaky'' behind our backs. 

Can we trust the board? My answer is Yes...purely because I have been given no reason to think otherwise. My question about the slanderous accusations I believe to be very fair, but unsurprisingly it has gone unanswered...it''s been seen as a ''bullying'' question but I suspect thats just a response to deflect from the real issue...THE ANSWER.  

Prudence.

I was really responding directly to the post by Shaun Lawson who said inter alia: 

1. ''Posts like this make me want to scream. Where do you think that 2-3m is going to come from.........? Do you think it will drop magically out of the sky?

2. All Grant can do is

(a) Offload some of the highest earners...........

(b) Get rid of players who are not good enough...........

(c) Release a few young players who won''t make the grade..........

(d) Make cheap signings with the hope that they are good enough...........   

But anything more is ................complete and utter fantasy.

His response should prove interesting if shorn of red herrings and spin.

On your point of Board dishonesty.No, I do not think that they are dishonest. But, I do think that they are disingenuous. Whether they are deliberately so, or just badly advised by Doncaster et al, is I submit a moot point.

I also think that the Board is soft-nosed, unambitious, and lacking in football nous.

I repeat. They are weakly destroying the legacy of performance left by South, Watling and Chase. Scream.

Mello.

Mugs or not, please say hello to Sir Alf and Sir Bobby when you pass them on your way in to watch Ipswich - hope you enjoy Division 3 !!!!!!!!!

OTBC

[quote user="Alex"]

1st Wiz, to be fair, your thread is going to get more than a simple Yes or No answer. You''re not asking do you think the board should stay or go, you''re asking can we ''trust the board again''?. I don''t know what that means in your book but your average human being would read this as suggesting the board have done something ''sneaky'' behind our backs.

[/quote]

I can understand your point on this Alex, and perhaps I didn''t make myself clear, but I didn''t say or mean that the board had done anything underhand or sneaky, far from it.

I meant that their apparent lack of ambition, and their love of prudence, were the issues I was really concerned with.

My other point (and backed up by the moderators) was that some posters STILL wanted to turn this thread into another ''protest'' debate. And I don''t want that! , let them start their own heated debate elsewhere.

There have been some good thought provoking ideas so far, and some are helping me look at my original question again in a new light. Thats what this messsageboard should be about.

So:

Could you ever trust the board again?

Smudger

Am I trying to put theolster off the protest? I was just posting a point of view. Does theoslter mind me having my say just as he has his? I have no problem with him and believe he has no problem with me. You on the other hand are aggressive and have bad manners. I could say more but I won''t. I have never had a post refused for being abusive and don''t intend to start now.

It''s quite possible for posters of differing points of view to get along ok on this board but it seems that only works if you are not involved.

[/quote]

Yes but respect is something that works both ways NUTTY...

Those with a different opinion to myself that have treated me with respect and have not attempted to twist what I have said to suit their side of the arguement are given respect in return...  See my recent posts with Wiz and Say Hello To the Angels for evidence of this... 

Even myself and ALEX were respecting one another a month or so ago...  the latest comments that have been posted by ALEX and many others regarding myself however have no chance of getting respect.... just as I am fully appreciative that many of my posts have no chance of earning respect.  Once again ALEX as you seem to have major issues again with myself at this moment in time I apologise if I have upset you.

Once again (as I have posted on other threads in the last few days) I admit that I have gone OTT at times in order to get a reaction from our fans regarding the mess that I and many others see this this club of ours in at this time.  My regret is that it has had to come to this in order to make many sit up and take notice and realise that we must demand better from those trusted with the guardianship of our football club.

Once again you have my apologies (as I have posted on other threads)...

Are you not a big enough man to call a truce on this constant bickering?  I may be a flea ridden dog in your opinion Nutty, but have you ever heard of another proverbial saying...  Let sleeping dogs lay???

oh and here''s [B] to 3 points on Saturday with any luck!!!