Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Could You Ever Trust Our Board Again?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Prudence.

I was really responding directly to the post by Shaun Lawson who said inter alia: 

1. ''Posts like this make me want to scream. Where do you think that 2-3m is going to come from.........? Do you think it will drop magically out of the sky?

2. All Grant can do is

(a) Offload some of the highest earners...........

(b) Get rid of players who are not good enough...........

(c) Release a few young players who won''t make the grade..........

(d) Make cheap signings with the hope that they are good enough...........   

But anything more is ................complete and utter fantasy.

His response should prove interesting if shorn of red herrings and spin.

On your point of Board dishonesty.No, I do not think that they are dishonest. But, I do think that they are disingenuous. Whether they are deliberately so, or just badly advised by Doncaster et al, is I submit a moot point.

I also think that the Board is soft-nosed, unambitious, and lacking in football nous.

I repeat. They are weakly destroying the legacy of performance left by South, Watling and Chase. Scream.

Mello.

Mugs or not, please say hello to Sir Alf and Sir Bobby when you pass them on your way in to watch Ipswich - hope you enjoy Division 3 !!!!!!!!!

OTBC

[/quote]

I will go an'' see Sir Bobby and Sir Alf of Alfness, and, at least the blue Ipswich shirts go with jeans! Yucky Yellow goes with virtually nothing......... unless you''re a girl! Mr Sheepshank''s also a superb Chairman, and Jim Magnesium is easier to understand than ''Wee Jock Pointy Pointy McPlop!

You enjoy yourself at Carra Carter''s Conflagration. With the hotel that looks like a Yarmuff Gent''s urinal - and will quite soon fall flat on its foundations - when nobody is interested in stayin'' in it! Maybe the Proton Showroom can be turned into a Launderette when they go bust?

Grind out one lucky victory, after an average display against Looton''s second 11, then think you''ll qualify for the Chumpions League! Cuckoo! Cuckoo! Hoot! Hoot!

No wonder the NCFC Dictatorship celebrated like they''d  won the European Cup........they''re gettin'' desperado and are touchin'' cloth! Toilet tissue all round with 20 minutes to go on Tuesday, I bet!

Let''s see how the great Yeller conquistadors - cope against the Blusterin'' an'' Brash Barnsley eh?

Then, I just might think about visitin'' the Realm of ''Deals no Deals'' against the Moighty Derby County!

Now, what was this thread about again?[:|] 

ON THE FALL CITY! Cheerio Neil, Caster of Doom!  

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Alex"]

1st Wiz, to be fair, your thread is going to get more than a simple Yes or No answer. You''re not asking do you think the board should stay or go, you''re asking can we ''trust the board again''?. I don''t know what that means in your book but your average human being would read this as suggesting the board have done something ''sneaky'' behind our backs.

[/quote]

I can understand your point on this Alex, and perhaps I didn''t make myself clear, but I didn''t say or mean that the board had done anything underhand or sneaky, far from it.

I meant that their apparent lack of ambition, and their love of prudence, were the issues I was really concerned with.

My other point (and backed up by the moderators) was that some posters STILL wanted to turn this thread into another ''protest'' debate. And I don''t want that! , let them start their own heated debate elsewhere.

There have been some good thought provoking ideas so far, and some are helping me look at my original question again in a new light. Thats what this messsageboard should be about.

So:

Could you ever trust the board again?

[/quote]

As regards to whether I could trust the board or not again...  YES (but I know that you have already seen my answer on page 1 of this thread).

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Smudger

Am I trying to put theolster off the protest? I was just posting a point of view. Does theoslter mind me having my say just as he has his? I have no problem with him and believe he has no problem with me. You on the other hand are aggressive and have bad manners. I could say more but I won''t. I have never had a post refused for being abusive and don''t intend to start now.

It''s quite possible for posters of differing points of view to get along ok on this board but it seems that only works if you are not involved.

[/quote]

Yes but respect is something that works both ways NUTTY...

Those with a different opinion to myself that have treated me with respect and have not attempted to twist what I have said to suit their side of the arguement are given respect in return...  See my recent posts with Wiz and Say Hello To the Angels for evidence of this... 

Even myself and ALEX were respecting one another a month or so ago...  the latest comments that have been posted by ALEX and many others regarding myself however have no chance of getting respect.... just as I am fully appreciative that many of my posts have no chance of earning respect.  Once again ALEX as you seem to have major issues again with myself at this moment in time I apologise if I have upset you.

Once again (as I have posted on other threads in the last few days) I admit that I have gone OTT at times in order to get a reaction from our fans regarding the mess that I and many others see this this club of ours in at this time.  My regret is that it has had to come to this in order to make many sit up and take notice and realise that we must demand better from those trusted with the guardianship of our football club.

Once again you have my apologies (as I have posted on other threads)...

Are you not a big enough man to call a truce on this constant bickering?  I may be a flea ridden dog in your opinion Nutty, but have you ever heard of another proverbial saying...  Let sleeping dogs lay???

oh and here''s [B] to 3 points on Saturday with any luck!!!

[/quote]

Smudge,

I have to say that occasionally you''ll post something that does make me question your motives here, that I won''t deny. The other day I saw what was posted on the WOTB and I couldn''t quite believe what I was reading!..''inbred supporters''..''crap team in yellow and green''..Forgive me for thinking ''That''s it, he''s really shown his true colours here''. The extreme comments you make sometimes, I believe, unfortunately smother your fundamental motives ~ a change of board and a change of direction within the team (not to mention winning the Champions League in May ;)  ). And whereas I could agree the team needed to kick on (which they have I feel since all the petty mudslinging began), I felt you could sometimes give the team more credit where it''s due.

BUT.. I have to say...hats off...POSITIVE comments are now starting to creep into your posts. I feel you''ve shown more realism in your views - certainly at least regarding the team. Again, I will apologise for suggesting you were a trouble making supporter from East Anglia''s blot on the landscape, and more so I apologise if you feel you''ve been victimised...That would be out of order. May I just make the point that the comment I innitially made about ''Board financial irregularity accusers'' was not actually aimed at you (believe it or not!). OTBC!

Alex.

Simple answer, yes.

Trust however has to be earned, what I would like to see is a simple statement of accounts showing the major items of income and expeniture over the last three years to explain to me where all the money has gone. If there is an explanation that is reasonable and clear then that will be a start.

Follow that with a commitment to PG that he can keep the members of the squad that he wishes to for next season and  further funds for players of c£2m. OK this may mean more borrowing, but to be honest if Board Members cant find that sort of money then should they be on the board?

Finally I would like to see a statement of commitment on behalf of the Board to getting us into the Premier League in 1 to 2 years with assurances that the club will focus on its key business, namely winning football matches. A cessation of the big family school of directorship and a more hard nosed approach with a positive commitment to bringing in new directors with real money to invest in the Club will also help.

In the end of course action speaks louder than words, lets hope we see some.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

Simple answer, yes.

Trust however has to be earned, what I would like to see is a simple statement of accounts showing the major items of income and expeniture over the last three years to explain to me where all the money has gone.

[/quote]

Hoo....bloody....ray!.

See,  thats all I wanted to know. Thank you.