Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Other clubs can manage.......................

To sign players...................why not us?.

Grant, in his best goal post moving shirt, is now saying it might be nearer the back end of January before he can sign anyone, and he cites other clubs managers as the problem.

Strange.

Yesterday saw a mulitude of clubs, many from the championship doing a brisk trade in transfers. City supporters are like musrooms:

''We''re kept in the dark and fed on bull**it!

It a joke.

As i put on another thread.....

A host of clubs....out of all the championship teams Sunderland 3, Leeds 4,QPR,Barnsley,Coventry,Cardiff,Derby (previous loanee),Scum (prev loanee) WBA, Southend (prev loanee) and ourselves (prev loanee) have signed players. The other 13 clubs must be livid!

So really we are one of the most active teams in the league so far!

Like Grant said people aint gonna let players go if they have not got a replacement. Transfers take time, both parties need to be satisfied.

If only it was as simple as FM07!

I predict a flurry of activity from the 15th onwards!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

As i put on another thread.....

A host of clubs....out of all the championship teams Sunderland 3, Leeds 4,QPR,Barnsley,Coventry,Cardiff,Derby (previous loanee),Scum (prev loanee) WBA, Southend (prev loanee) and ourselves (prev loanee) have signed players. The other 13 clubs must be livid!

So really we are one of the most active teams in the league so far!

Like Grant said people aint gonna let players go if they have not got a replacement. Transfers take time, both parties need to be satisfied.

If only it was as simple as FM07!

I predict a flurry of activity from the 15th onwards!

[/quote]

Total waffle,

We re-sign a player who has already played (and scored) for us, whereas, Derby sign a 1 million pound striker!. Likewise Sunderland and I understand WBA  are signing major players too.

Have you applied for a job in the PR depart at City yet?......... you''d stand a good chance I''d say!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Yesterday saw a mulitude of clubs, many from the championship doing a brisk trade in transfers. City supporters are like musrooms:

[/quote]

The spin machine is truly in full swing - Wiz''s that is.  By my reckoning 9 Championship clubs have brought in players so far of which we are one.  I prefer facts to the gross distortions being offered here.

August 64

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

We re-sign a player who has already played (and scored) for us, whereas, Derby sign a 1 million pound striker!.

[/quote]

No, Derby paid £1m for a Man Utd reserve who they already had on loan (much like the deal we had with Chadwick). In which case either both ourselves and Derby have signed players or neither of us have. And looking at the list of transfer in''s to Championship clubs so far I''m rather glad we''ve ''missed out'' on those that have come in so far...

Didnt derby sign David Jones who was on loan  from United initially? Hmmmmmmm

Sunderlands one signing of note was Carlos Edward, the others...well....im sure you would moan at them if we signed them!Fulop was also on loan there and the guy from UTD Jonny Evans is guess what....also a loanee!!

WBA....they signed Robert Koren he is a good player and was a free.So we have spent more than them.

I used to chuckle at your posts wiz, now they just depress me. Your as negative as anyone i have ever met. Do u wake up in the morning, open the curtains and say......."ah what can i whinge about today!?"

If u won the lottery i bet you would find a down side.

Not applied for a PR job mate, just stating the facts, as Loughboro canary has also done.

The teams who have not bought players..how big are their squads compared to ours?  Especially as even Munby recognised it was beyone thin, perhaps we should be entitled to expect more activity than most other clubs?

Sunderlands one signing of note was Carlos Edward, the others...well....im sure you would moan at them if we signed them!Fulop was also on loan there and the guy from UTD Jonny Evans is guess what....also a loanee!!

WBA....they signed Robert Koren he is a good player and was a free.So we have spent more than them.

I used to chuckle at your posts wiz, now they just depress me. Your as negative as anyone i have ever met. Do u wake up in the morning, open the curtains and say......."ah what can i whinge about today!?"

Not applied for a PR job mate, just stating the facts, as Loughboro canary has also done.

[/quote]

Day 8:

Still no one, don''t count Chadders as he was ''sorted'' last year!.

Total mess up all round, Vine, Pearson etc, as I''ve said before, City will sign no one of any note!.

Chadwick could easily of been told "we dont want u.. u are injured" remember Dean Marney?

Chadwick counts as a signing.. doesnt matter if it happend last year or a week last thursday its still done and dusted and its 1 more body we didnt have here in August.

Im still holding hope for James Hayter. 150 appearences 80 goals for the Cherries. almost 1 every 2 games.. plus the fastest Hat trick in english football History (4 minutes wasnt it?) he''d be fantastic up front with Earnie! and he has played up front with Jermaine Defoe.

jas :)

Wiz if for a seccond you take a step back and take notice of things around you, you will know that there was talk of Celtic having turned down an offer of £600k for Pearson just before the start of the transfer window.

Gordon Strachen has also suggested that three clubs have made offers for Pearson and so far as I am aware he has not mentioned that bids from the other two have been turned down. £800k-ish seems to be the offer Derby have put down and supposedly he is in England to have a look at the clubs.

One thing Norwich have in advantage to Derby and Sunderland is that we are closer to London so if he inspires the chances of a manager coming to watch him play is significantly better. Ofcourse you have all the teams in the North closer to Derby but isn''t London where all of the money and glamour is?

We shall see, in some ways Sunderland must be the favourites to sign him if Celtic accept a bid from them in that Keane has played with the lad and that they have massive support that makes ours look small! Not to mention one of the better stadiums in this country let alone league. I would say that perhaps we have an advantage over Derby because Grant has a reputation at Celtic for his days as their Captain, to top that off he has also played Scottish football and made the conversion to English which is what Pearson will be doing.

Add to that Bryan Gunn who he will most certainly have heard of and possible contacts in Mackay and Holt. Who knows its transfer stuff and no-one is sure what will happen. As everyone knows it could be down to the agent or the players personal demands and who is to know what they are. All I suggest Wiz is that you read the information correctly.

Out of all of the signings so far Carlos Edwards has to be the best although I would question the sum paid for him. I think he could do a job in the premiership but £1.5million seems a lot of money for a winger at this level. I would feel sorry for Luton if they lost Vine as well now that they have lost a great assist player.

I believe such comments are a fundamental misunderstanding of the position we are in. Today is the 8th of January (the window closes on the 31st January) and the players who are available now are being priced far too high, because Clubs will panic and buy high. What do they say - fools rush in etc. What do you want - the same or similar to who we currently have on the books, probably priced at 2 to 3 times fair value? The deal to get Chadwick for circa £220K, by being done early behind a Loan Deal actually demonstrates good business acumen. Why not treat it as such. And why not wait and see how the next 23 days pan out and reassess the position then. If, as is probably the case, Celtic have accepted bids from 3 or so Championship Clubs for Pearson, then its down to the negotiating skills of his Agent to extract the best possible wage deal and I do not think it is sensible to get involved in a Dutch auction just to satisfy the (and yes, I am one, too) impatient fans.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

I believe such comments are a fundamental misunderstanding of the position we are in. Today is the 8th of January (the window closes on the 31st January) and the players who are available now are being priced far too high, because Clubs will panic and buy high. What do they say - fools rush in etc. What do you want - the same or similar to who we currently have on the books, probably priced at 2 to 3 times fair value? The deal to get Chadwick for circa £220K, by being done early behind a Loan Deal actually demonstrates good business acumen. Why not treat it as such. And why not wait and see how the next 23 days pan out and reassess the position then. If, as is probably the case, Celtic have accepted bids from 3 or so Championship Clubs for Pearson, then its down to the negotiating skills of his Agent to extract the best possible wage deal and I do not think it is sensible to get involved in a Dutch auction just to satisfy the (and yes, I am one, too) impatient fans.

[/quote]meanwhile we slip further towards relegation - priceless!

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="Jack Flash"]

[/quote]

meanwhile we slip further towards relegation - priceless!
[/quote]

That''s not exactly true is it?  Our league position hasn''t changed since we played Palace.

I totally agree

[/quote]

Ronbol wrote - meanwhile we slip further towards relegation - priceless!

OK, so whats your solution - buy any old player, whatever his qualities, at any price. Equally priceless!!

I think it comes down to having a decent scouting network, and, as Thorne, Huighes and Robinson prove the clubs scouting network under Worthy was rubbish. 

Give credit where it is due, Grant has said building up a decent scouting network at the club is a priority.

You either get players no one else wants or over priced players in the Jan window - look at Stokes (£2m for an 18 yo with 4 good monthhs in scotland) and Quashie (workaday average for upto£1.75m!! FGS)