Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Safri is just another deadwood.

I dont really understand why everyone is getting so upset about the Safri situation. He WAS very good in the premiership, but what has he given us since?

I agree that he is better than Etuhu, Hughes and Robinson, but does he give 100% in training?

He has been consistently injured for us and never really gets 100% fit with interferance from his religion etc. Has he played enough games since he has been here? We pay his wages whilst he is injured and it disrupts the teams balance everytime.

I think that he should go and start a fresh somewhere else. I personally dont think that we have a single centre midfielder who is good enough, Safri included.

Fingers crossed that Eanrshaw wont be sold.  

I agree. We should bring in someone to replace Safri as he is so up and down. He shows sporadic flairs of genuis and then reverts to being lazy are careless.

We need consistency, and Safri does not provide this!

I''ve been thinking this but havent bothered to post anything, yes he is probaby marginally better than robinson, but he''s unrelaibe, inconsistent and has had about 3 good games in 2years. Yes i would play him tomorrow but he isnt steven Gerrard, he is not a miracle worker who''s going to turn us around.

I agree and think that at the age of 30 he has had his peak, which was maybe in the Premiership for severall games and has since been going downhill.

I personally dont have to much of a problem with him unlike Mr Robinson and Mr Etuhu who dont give any effort, but i wont be sad to see him go.

How many midfielders do you think are required? 3?

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

I''ve been thinking this but havent bothered to post anything, yes he is probaby marginally better than robinson, but he''s unrelaibe, inconsistent and has had about 3 good games in 2years. Yes i would play him tomorrow but he isnt steven Gerrard, he is not a miracle worker who''s going to turn us around.

[/quote]

absolute bull - he was good when played the last two season''s and obviously had a falling out which affected his form this season.

As with Francis, the many many good showings are forgotten by the blind few.  People on here still think the awful Etuhu will be a better player than Francis!!  laughable.

Safri hasnt played recently.  When he did - Leicester - he was bloody good.

I agree he is very inconsistent mainly due to being injury prone and in truth only plays half a season and at best we only get 10/12 good games a season but that''s 10/12 more good games than Hughes/Robinson/Etuhu put together, so when fit it''s very difficult to see why he''s left out. [please dont tell me Robinson or Hughes had a good game last week, it''s just they didn''t make so many of their usual schoolboy errors, so looked marginally better than normal]I don''t rate Safri as a great footballer, he''s good, no better than that, the other 3 who keep him out of the team are very poor footballers, hence peoples frustration at a  manager, who as a manager fits into the very poor category himself.

[quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"]

I dont really understand why everyone is getting so upset about the Safri situation. He WAS very good in the premiership, but what has he given us since?

I agree that he is better than Etuhu, Hughes and Robinson, but does he give 100% in training?

He has been consistently injured for us and never really gets 100% fit with interferance from his religion etc. Has he played enough games since he has been here? We pay his wages whilst he is injured and it disrupts the teams balance everytime.

I think that he should go and start a fresh somewhere else. I personally dont think that we have a single centre midfielder who is good enough, Safri included.

Fingers crossed that Eanrshaw wont be sold.  

[/quote] I disagree with your statement and believe Safri is still the most skilful midfielder we have at the club by a mile; and he has been mishandled by Grant.  He is excellent at closing down opposition midfielders and not allowing them time on the ball.  He is one of the few players that can actually hit long accurate balls to fellow players.  Once again we have a situation where a manager is unable to handle a talented player, and reverts back to picking his "I''ll play in any position you want me to boss" type players.

In response to your comment about what has he given us since the Premiership, you have already answered it yourself,  a great deal more than Hughes, Etuhu and Robinson.  Are you suggesting we get rid of all four midfielders?

Why start another Safri thread, we''ve got two on the go already!

you lot must watch different games from me. Safri is able to get the ball down and play, create space for others like huckerby , chadwick , croft. He is a confidence player. when he is playing well there is no one better than saf. again if we sell him we will be letting another of our assets leave. relegation will become a reality and I hope you lot are proud of yourselves.

I do suggest we get rid of all 4, maybe two in the next transfer window January and two in the summer, they are useless.

This Safri thread is different dont you think cityangel? i am simply posting why all the worry about Safri? Whereas lots of people rate him a very good player i personally dont.

I do think he is the best midfielder we have got, but what competition does he have?

[quote user="silver fox"]

I disagree with your statement and believe Safri is still the most skilful midfielder we have at the club by a mile; and he has been mishandled by Grant.  He is excellent at closing down opposition midfielders and not allowing them time on the ball.  He is one of the few players that can actually hit long accurate balls to fellow players.  Once again we have a situation where a manager is unable to handle a talented player, and reverts back to picking his "I''ll play in any position you want me to boss" type players.

[/quote]Agree 100%. Best midfielder we''ve had at the club for many years. Had Worthy played him in the Prem instead of the blind faith he showed Holt we might have survived a second year. No, we WOULD have survived.Just what is it about Safri off the field that makes him SO unpopular with the Worthy / Grants of this world that they drop him even though its to the detriment of the club in general? Very professional. Does he dare to speak his mind? (he does)Grow up Grant. Play him.

Yes, brilliant plan...allow our only decent midfielder to leave...after all the Robinson-Etuhu axis is working so well...  

Supporters do seem to have their favourites who can do little wrong (eg Saf, WLY) and those who can do no right however well they are playing (eg Robbo, Hooze whose every single error is pounced upon).  IMO an on-song Safri is our best midfielder in that position, but he has been off colour pretty much all season - and a fair bit of last.  Given our rather lame ball retention recently you would hope he was given another go and it seems he will get his chance on Sat: the most obvious thing that he could do is to take advantage of his start and pull out all the stops to put in a performance that makes him impossible to drop.  I guess time will tell on whether he is capable of it. 

There is NO way Safri is deadwood. He is the best midfielder Carrow Road has seen for a long time. If he is on the bench, as soon as he comes on he changes the game....for the better.

I, for one, really hope Safri stays