Sign in to follow this  
anothatracksuitmanager

WHO ISN'T WATCHING THE GAME

Does anyne else have a commitment they just can''t get out of this sunday, I''m being forced to watch an all day brass competition can you imagine such hell, but my recorder is at the ready, the phone is switched off and the game will be watched as soon as I get home.

Anyone else got any derby day hell stories from games past or the current one.

[quote user="anothatracksuitmanager"]but my recorder is at the ready, the phone is switched off and the game will be watched as soon as I get home.[/quote]

Known as "likey ladding it" :)

A couple of years ago a mate of mine went out and got v drunk the night before a match and didn''t wake up until half time. He didn''t miss a lot, we lost.

Also the return leg at FCR in April is the same day as the London Marathon which I have entered. Not sure of a place yet. I suppose I could run as Clarissa Canary, she doesn''t seem to have been out much recently!!!

For the game at Carrow Road in our promotion season, when Malky scored his two goals, I had been at a wedding in Telford and was driving back home.  We managed to stop off at my Grandad''s house in Brum though, just in time to hear that Hucks had scored the third goal for us...

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]If you don''t watch TV I assume you don''t listen to Uncle Roy on the Radio either??? I''m normally climbing the walls listening to that!!![/quote]

Roy is a legend! Sadly, as it''s an away game, we''ve got to put up with Chris "WHAT A GOAL!!!!! WHAT A GOALL!!!" Boreham.

I miss Roy''s commentary.

I don''t normally like watching games on Sky as I feel like I''m missing something and also the fact we quite often lose, mind you on sunday I really want to watch it but I''m working at 1, I''m gonna beg to the Sgt tomo if I can come in an hour later, you never know he might let me, got to hope Derby win otherwise he will be in a bad mood. Tell you what thou, I''m nervous already, just want the game to end now with a win.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I miss Roy''s commentary.

[/quote]

You''ve got to love Roy... " Wow... did you see that?!" [:|][;)]

The guy is a legend and a Norfolk Institution [Y]

Not sure what to do --- I will be travelling back from London and intended to tune in to listen to commentary once the train gets to Ipswich. Or shall I SKY+ it and avoid the result till I get home ... quandry

I will answer for youthat IS the real karl pilkington, either the greatest comedy talent this country has ever produced or in the words of one ricky gervais "a partially shaved monkey with a perfectly spherical head"if you have a sense of humour check out the ricky gervais show podcast

i have the lovely job of football coach so am missing the game tomoro to drive my boys out to the coast for their game so i get to miss us beat the scum. my colleague who coaches with me is a season ticket holder at portaloo road with both his sons, one of whom plays for the team and has decided he wants to play rather than go to the game. so tomoro it will be me on one side and him on the other, me in my yellow shirt and him in the blue bog roll,

come on city!

Presuming Roy is the older commentator that i listen to on radio he does my nut in....!!........

He gets excited at all the wrong things and then all of a sudden theres a goal and he''s rambling on about something else!!!

He seems to be more excited about the oppposition scoring!

Sorry for all Roy supporters. Just think the other guy is better...

Anyway i look forward to going to my local tomorrow safe in the knowledge i will be the only person with any interest in the game and have to ask for the game to be put on tv.  Hope its open in time but i suspect it will be 12 so i will form a queue of 1 people.

Anyone else watching in Wiltshire??