Sign in to follow this  
The Moog

Anybody watching sundays game at home?

There seems to be a lot of posts from people asking which

pubs they can see the game in. 

Is no one watching the game from the comfort of the living room? 

Personally i find it hard to watch football in pubs, there always seems to be a

really tall person standing in front of me, I quite like to hear the commentary

and I''m a bit lazy so don''t like standing up that long!!

I''ll be sat on my big comfy sofa, beer in hand with only a short walk to the

fridge to get the next (rather that fighting your way to the bar!)

Having said all that I suppose the game is on quite early so the pubs should be

pretty quiet.

Have Fun and come on city!!!

I''ll be watching from the sofa too Moog. Fist chance I''ve had to watch us on my new 37" LCD TV!!!

OTBC

I''d love to! I looked into it and it would cost £22 extra a month to add the 4 Sky Sports channels to my cable package, so I decided against it.

I know I''m being tight, but it''s Christmas soon [^o)][<:o)]

Short term gains etc...

No, for the simple reason that I don''t have Sky TV at home. You''re right in what you say that it can be more difficult to follow the action in a pub, but I usually seem to find a corner of the room where i can get a decent enough view of the screen, and I find the better atmosphere and a nice draught beer compensates for any slight discomfort. I always avoid the Murderers if it''s a big game. Unless you arrive early enough to bag one of the best seats, it can be quite hard to find a position with an "unimpaired view". The pub is simply not designed for lots of people trying to view sports on screen.

Yep, My lounge is the venue for the match along with my girlfriend (also a massive norwich fan) and a few other flatmates!

i''ll be watching on the sofa with my ipswich supporting wife!!! whatever the result there will be plenty of banter!!!

I''d rather remove both my eyeballs with a toothpick than pay a penny to Rupert Murdoch......so no [:D]

[quote user="baldyboy"]i''ll be watching on the sofa with my ipswich supporting wife!!! whatever the result there will be plenty of banter!!![/quote]

It seems we have a mixed marriage on the message board!

I''m playing Sunday league on Sunday morning so will have to Sky+ the game and watch it ''as live'' when I get back at 2pm. It''s gonna be hard, but will have to turn the phone off to not hear the result from mates!!! 

Have to find a pub i''m afraid as I don''t have sky at home. Finding a pub that is showing Norwich at this time on a sunday in Northampton is going to be a little problematic but then I don''t have sky at home. I could go to the gym and watch it there but that would involve walking/running on a treadmill for almost two hours which I don''t really fancy!!

Kathy, no matter what the outcome we will still be friends at the end, but there will be lots of ribbing, of that you can be sure!! the loser has to do a forfeit usually too!!!