Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Have you lost faith in Peter Grant?

I haven''t and I think it''s stupid when some of you say that Grant isn''t the man to take us forward. Some of you base your judgements on this match, Sorry to use you as an example but Snakepit boys, you have lost the faith due to one decision.

I''m sorry but this is ridicolous. Grant has been in charge less than 2 months and he hasn''t ever had a transfer window to work in. He is a young manager and needs to find his feet, So don''t lose your faith and lets get behind the boys and cheer them onto a win at Hull

I''ve never had much faith in Peter Grant in the first place!

If promotion was the real ambition of this club it wouldn''t have appointed somebody with no management experience.  He'' here because his cheap and a yes man.  Most Managers would have wanted to bring their own backroom staff with them - not work with what is already at the club.

He is going to make mistakes and he will learn from them?

He broke up the central defensive partnership prior to the Stoke game and we got hammered - he did the same thing yesterday - so no, he doesn''t learn from his mistakes.

[quote user="Scott Richmond"]

If promotion was the real ambition of this club it wouldn''t have appointed somebody with no management experience.  He'' here because his cheap and a yes man.  Most Managers would have wanted to bring their own backroom staff with them - not work with what is already at the club.

[/quote]

I disagree with this totally scott, Just because Grant hasn''t been a manager before, that isn''t a reason to write him off. Since Alan Pardew appointed him as Assistant, West Ham have gone from up and up! He wasn''t cheap because we had to buy for him, if Norwich were going for the cheap option we would have gone for a manager without a club like Penney (Now at Darlington) or even Megson. This would have been a bad appointment!!!!!

How can Grant bring in his own backroom staff, he hasn''t had a backroom before and anyway did you read that article about Martin Hunter''s job being save as houses, Personally I think Livermore is under pressure to keep his position!

I''d quite like to see Phil Thompson as Assistant, He did well when Liverpool lose Houllier to his heart scar. Hasn''t had a footballing job since then, didn''t lose in his X numbers of months reign at Liverpool, never know might be a good look!

Not particularly. I have however lost all faith in the people that run the club. For a long while now, there has been a chronic underinvestment on the football team. Sell, sell, sell and not too much in the way of replacement. We were promised that last season would not be repeated. that was a lie. The situation re. worthington was allowed to fester like an open wound for far too long, to the huge detriment of all parties involved. Yesterday told its own story. Norwich City cannot compete with its impoverished local rival, simply because there is no spirit in the club from the top down. Sure, Grant and his so-called ''team'' deserve all the brickbats for their performance, but  you have to look a little higher to apportion the real blame. There''s no passion for Norwich city within the club, apart from the passionate need to trumpet ones name across the media and make a few quid. The whole thing stinks.

I will judge Peter Grant when he''s had the opportunity to bring in his own players. On the basis of that shambolic performance at Portaloo Road yesterday, he has a lot of work to do; both in bringing about improvements in the players who he''d like to retain and in chopping out the dead wood. Goodness knows, there is a lot of work to do with that axe.

Definately not, i believe he is the right man to get us into the Prem. Even though there''s a few decision''s he''s made that i havent quite agreed with, i have total faith in him.

Not yet but yesterday''s tinkering with the defence and replacing Dublin with Doherty in particular has left me with less confidence in him than I did have. His explanation that it was a heavy pitch and he thought Dublin might tire coupled with the possibility he would need him fresh up front for the last twenty minutes if we were chasing the game I found almost Worthyesque in its bewilderingness. The fact that he didn''t seemed to have learned from the Stoke debacle and couldn''t motivate the players for a derby match were also worrying. I know he has some dross on his hands he has to work with for the time being but it was his decision to tinker with the defence when he shouldn''t have. Shocking error of judgment in my book. Needs to do better, much better.

Just the opposite infact. I wasn''t keen to see him take over.......but have since had to reassess my viewpoint. He has drive and ambition......and unless the board gives him big bucks to spend.....he won''t be around for too long.

He''s done well....and ridden his luck......and it certainly isn''t his fault that the club is in such an awful state.

There is nothing I have read or heard about Peter grant that makes me thing for a minute that the club have made a mistake; he seems to know what he wants, and just has to get the players to see that as well. He said he was not pleased with performances, and he was proved right. I just wish folks would give him a chance. Tou can''t judge him on one game, orone months, or even how this season pans out. I think he needs a year, probably 5 years to change the whole club; he seems to be the best chance the club has.move forward. It seems the team has several passengers, and I would have hoped that proffesional players would have reacted to some of the comments coming from the manager; apperently not, in which case they need to be, and will be, replaced by players who will.

For Forbes''s sake, give him a chance, and keep the faith; or was that last month''s phrase?

I haven''t lost faith in PG. He took the job with a lot of restrictions placed upon him by the board and the mainly usless squad that he inherited.

The sale of Earnie in Jan, whilst sad, is another pressure placed on him by the Board. There seemed to be money for Worthless but now the purse seems clamped shut and so selling is the only way to raise cash and that will be restricted once the Board has retained its "cut" for new curtains for the hotel etc (where is the cAshton and Green money?)

We will not get promotion this term and the cuts are already being made for the lack of parachute payments for next year.

PG is the man for the job, he will mould a team given time, but I fear that we will loose him to a Prem club once his apprenticeship is served here.

It must be hard walking anywhere wearing someone elses shoes, especially when they don''t fit. Therefore, until Granty is given shoes of his own to do his walking, I shall reserve judgement.

As for losing faith in him? Not at all, he still has my backing (for all the good that''ll bring him...)  

No, I have said since he took over, after good wins and a bad defeat at Stoke that he needs time because he took on a poor squad.

Despite considering myself to be realistic about the talent (or lack of) in our squad, yesterday was still a very rude awakening.  There is nothing that can prepare you for the total slap in the face that is........... watching City being outplayed at Poorman Road while shouting for the 37 year old Dion Dublin to be brought on.  It really does hammer home the state of our squad at present and I can''t blame PG for that.  It''s not his fault our only half decent midfielder misses as many games through injury as he plays and the other midfielders are (Blackadder rip off coming) as useful as a pair of glasses on a man with no ears.  I can''t blame PG for us having only one viable striking option and I can''t blame for him the lack of depth and quality in the squad in general.

Tom,

I have not lost faith, think my post may have been a bit of an over-reaction to A heavy night saturday and a terrible performance!

I am seriously bemused at the decision to bring Doc back in though!

Maybe it was just a simple mistakem, we will see? I have been most impressed to Mr Grant toi date especially his after game comments!

I take back my original post. he he

YES I HAVE  well peter grant picks the team and with two clean sheets everybody was hoping he wouldnt change it and guess what he changes it and we lose . the players also must of been a bit confused after two hard games and winning them he changes the team .

and also pg picks the team ie midfield- robinson,dickson,hughes didnt have a clue who was doing what so who fault is that.?

pg slagging hucks off what must of this done to huckerby ,

and before this match why was gallagher dropped and ashdown put into the squad straight away.?

peter grant could bring in is own staff buying going after people he want and sack the c**p we have.

as for the board i feel they have a lot to answer for i have supported the board from day one no more.again where has all the money gone and homuch will pg get in jan 07 . if pg doesnt get the money in jan 07 to bring top good players then i will not be renewing my season ticket.i feel city fans are being taken for a ride and it seems when the good time s go bad the board keep very quiet.

SORT IT OUT DELIA AND CO 

WALK BEFORE YOU CAN RUN GRANT.