Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Another youth player released

I''ve only seen him once, in a reserve game earlier this season.  Didn''t make an immediate impact but was a boy up against men in their mid-20s.  Didn''t do much wrong either.  My guess is he''s suffered because we took on so many Academy boys last summer and can''t absorb any more.

What''s the betting when he gets released, he''ll find himself a decent club, rise through the ranks, be a prolific striker and be worth Millions.....

quite high - about the same odds of if we keep him he turns out to be absolutely awful, never plays and just hoovers up wagesits called Murpheys Law, happens to most clubs.

[quote user="3canaries"]What''s the betting when he gets released, he''ll find himself a decent club, rise through the ranks, be a prolific striker and be worth Millions.....[/quote]

Like Ade Akinbiyi.

Errrrrrrrrrbaddddd move i thinkisnt he the one who scores in like every game he plays?!

Not really....

04/05
U18: 9 games (3 as sub), 2 goals
Res: 3 games (1 as sub), 0 goals

05/06
U18: 23 games (6 as sub), 4 goals
Res: 15 games (5 as sub), 0 goals

06/07
Res: 7 games (1 as sub), 2 goals

[quote user="3canaries"]What''s the betting when he gets released, he''ll find himself a decent club, rise through the ranks, be a prolific striker and be worth Millions.....[/quote]

Or he could end up at a small League 2 club like Peterborough and score a couple of goals so that posters on here can use him as a stick to beat Grant with when they want him out [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Or he could end up at a small League 2 club like Peterborough and score a couple of goals so that posters on here can use him as a stick to beat Grant with when they want him out [;)]

[/quote]

now why would anyone do a thing like that, im sure its never happened before [;)]

I have watched Asmat play since he arrived at Nowich.  I honestly never thought he would be good enough to earn a professional contract.  Whilst he did suffer a terrible injury, he did make a great recovery and in fact was only out of action for about 6 months (and this did include the summer break).  So in footballing terms he didn''t miss too much of his scholarship.  I wouldn''t be at all surprised if he does not stay in the country looking for another club but will return to his native Denmark. 

[quote user="charlies dad"]Im not surprised to be honest, he always appeared a little lightweight, even against the most modest of opposition.  [/quote]That''s what we said about Danny Haynes!