Sign in to follow this  
ca

WBA V Norwich Team News & Match Thread

Team News

CITY boss Peter Grant made one change from the side which beat Sunderland last weekend.

In at right midfield came the combatitive figure of Andy Hughes in place of Paul McVeigh, otherwise it was a case of ''as you were'', with Dion Dublin continuing at centre-back in place of the injured Gary Doherty and Craig Fleming.

For the home side John Hartson missed out on the squad altogether due to an achilles injury, while midfielder Nigel Quashie was out with an ankle knock.

West Brom: Hoult, Watson, Perry, Davies, Greening, Albrechtsen, Kamara, Carter, Koumas, McShane, Phillips. Subs: Steele, Ellington, Nicholson, Wallwork, Hodgekins.

Norwich City: Gallacher, Drury, Shackell, Huckerby, Dublin, Earnshaw, Safri, Hughes, Etuhu, Colin, Robinson. Subs: Ashdown, Thorne, McVeigh, Eagle, Spillane.

we will have to keep an eye on kamara, he has been on fire recently.
1-2 to the mighty yellows is my prediction.

Hughes? I''m getting the same feeling I got when I saw Fleming''s name on the team sheet before the Stoke game. That feeling would be dread.Please be competent Hughes! It''s not much to ask, is it?

They''ve not won in 4 though. I''m more concerned by our two new wingers - Robinson and Hughes!! Can you really see them getting behind the back four and putting the crosses in? Then again, maybe we''re looking for decisive balls through the middle for hux and earnie...Binners behind already at least!

Seems like end to end stuff  from the commentary.  Sounds too open for my liking.Gallacher making saves, and a goal line clearance from Hughes.

All Norwich at the moment and my Hucks is causing all sorts of problems.

[quote user="cityangel"]All Norwich at the moment and my Hucks is causing all sorts of problems.[/quote]

sounds promising,  can''t get the comentary so have to do with radio 5 or talk sport, of the bbc updates every 2 mins, it''s a nighmare! but to be honest when im don''t listen we seem to do better, so i''ll go and put the kettle on then!

koumas is causing havoc of late! they have hit the bar twice and the post at least once...end to end, sounds like we had the first 20mins and they had the next 20 mins

Half time, phew. Thankfully we made it to half time without conceding. Not sure it will last if the game remains this open. Got to keep the ball and quieten the down crowd.

Woodwork and Dion have saved us in the last 10 mins, Koumas well into the game now!

[quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]To whoever was posting the match stats - sorry - deleted the first one which didn''t come out right, and it''s wiped out the correct one. Can you repost?[/quote]

Oh Celia, You''ve destroyed everything! Half time stats are now changing as the second half has started, these are the current stats:

West Brom: Norwich

Possession

47% : 53%

Shots on target

3 : 4

Shots off target

5 : 2

Corners

6 : 4

Fouls

8 : 7

By the Way Chris Meadows, you''re not the Chris Meadows from Peterborough are you?

Think we''re going to need Dion, Shackell and Gallagher on top form now [:)]

id take one of the wingers or even Earnie off for an extra body at the back and grind it out with 5-10 mins to go.. come on city!

jas :)

Ellington on for Watson, Mowbray''s going all out!

I''ve heard that Spillane ''s warming up, might be coming on or maybe not! We''ll see!

Cmon Norwich 20 mins to go, you can do it.

Scum are losing at home 0-1.