Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

First time I go to see the players training...

I go to Colney at this morning at 9am, saw Dion Dublin driving to Colney at 9:10am, I reported to Colney at 9:20am and saw Adam Drury and Matthieu Louis-Jean were in extra training on 9:30am.

I saw Peter Grant after I go to toilet, he know who I am because when yesterday he was a guest in Soccer nights, their cameraman said a fans from Hong Kong, then he knows about m! He invited me go to the canteen to get a cup of tea, that''s very nice from him! Then the team meeting started at 10am, of course I am not allow to go in, but I was watching outside, some important informations had passed to the players. (Of course I will not disclose!)

Training started at 10:20am, at first there were some running as usual, then the ball works, the free kick and corner tactics practised, then a practise game, it''s the first team against the reserves, it last about 25 minutes, as the final score 1-1, as Peter Thorne scored for the reserves and Earnie scored for the first team.

After that it was shooing practise, I think it was funny, because the shooting player had different angle to recevive the ball, then blast it in about 12 yards, and mainly Paul McVeigh and Peter Thorne the main man to practise, Youssef was ballooned most of the shot over the tree (the tree!) or maybe he can only take long range shots! HAHA!

I had a nice chat with Dickson, Dion, Youssef, Carl, Earnie, Adam Drury, Peter Grant and Darren Huckerby. They were very nice. I should say some other players (not all the players I did not mentioned about, but some others) were just saw me in ''transparent'' way and won''t going to say Hello (I had said Hi to them), I don''t know it''s my fault or I was too good ignore. There''s the only shame today.

After a chat with Peter Grant outside the changing room, Peter Grant even invited me to have a lunch in the Colney carteen! Oh I can''t believe it! He asked the chef to ''serve this gentleman well!'', thanks Peter for that! I have two BIG PLATE of pasta with meatball, and to be honest the taste was brilliant! Delia good job! I love that...

Then I walked through the Colney Lane and want to wait for the number 14 bus, at the same time, I heard someone (driving)put the horn on, then stop on the bus stop at the roadside, I had definitely no idea and I walked to the window and have a look...that''s Hucks! Darren Huckerby!

Hucks asked me where do I want to go, I said I want to go to the clubshop at Carrow Road, then Hucks asked me to get on to his car and he give me a lift! OH! I CANNOT BELIEVE I WAS ON A NORWICH LEGEND''S CAR!!!!!

I go to the Canary Store in about 15 minutes and we had a very nice chat, about the club, about his playing style, and about his future! Oh I really cannot believe that!!! I met Ryan Jarvis in the clubshop eventually, also took photos and had a chat with him.

At last I made an ''important decision'' to change the name I want to put on second 6XL home shirt (the first shirt had Drury''s name on...

A very good day...:)

Hiya, I understand that you come all the way from Hong Kong each year to take in a few games and visit Colney, so hope you''re having a great visit and that you enjoy the game tomorrow.

Reading your post made me smile and proud to be a Norwich fan. The players and Peter obviously looked after you well and as for my Hucks picking you up at the bus stop and driving you to the club shop when he lives so close to Colney, well what can I say. Hes a legend, a true professional and a thoughtful caring person.

No wonder we all love him so [:D]

Well played Hucks! Peter Grant obviously made a good impression as well.

I Don''t suppose you got Hucks number did you? I could do with a lift to Carrow Road tomorrow at about 2.45pm and if he happened to be in the area..............

I''m really made up for you David, also very pleased you''re having a great time - and that you enjoy the rest of your stay here.[Y] Mello ;~)

Nice one!!  So glad you had such a lovely day and that Peter and some of our leading players treated you with such warnth.

When I next feel jaded or fed up with events at Carrow Road, I will rememberyour enthusiasm and pleasure because I''m sure it will give me a real lift.  You''ve made me smile tonight!!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay as much and that we both see a cracking game later today.

Nice one XXL16, glad you''re enjoying your stay and taking full advantage of your time!I''ve met Darren Huckerby before, and he is a really nice bloke! My experience is when we won Division One... it was the day after the Sunderland game, and the players'' own celebrations in Delaneys coincided with my work''s party and they decided to gate-crash.  I called my ex-girlfriend, who I''d managed to get along to Norwich games, to tell her who I was drinking with, and went into the loos for some quiet, when I bump into Hucks... with my ex not quite believing me, I passed my phone onto him and he spent the next five minutes or so grilling her on why I was her "ex", saying "what''s wrong with him, he''s a nice guy!" whilst I chatted to his own mate on his phone...Ah memories... [:)]

I know I may sound like I''m an idoit and this may be common knowledge to some but how did you get to do all that? I mean I know we can go and see Norwich training but i thought it was a ''look over the fence'' job!

Sorry for my ignorance, i honestly have no idea how the whole going to see Norwich at Colney thing works?

Can you tell me a bit about how it all works and how you got to talk to the players?

Cheers!

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]I know I may sound like I''m an idoit and this may be common knowledge to some but how did you get to do all that? I mean I know we can go and see Norwich training but i thought it was a ''look over the fence'' job! Sorry for my ignorance, i honestly have no idea how the whole going to see Norwich at Colney thing works? Can you tell me a bit about how it all works and how you got to talk to the players? Cheers![/quote]

Colney is open to everyone, you can walk around and look at the facilities and watch the training but I guess only special people get invited in for a cup of tea and chat.[:)]

Once the training is over the players have to pass the spectators to get back inside so some of them often stop and chat to people and sign autographs for the kids.

Best time to go is about 10am. Hope that helps.

Good for you David! its great to see a visitor so well received to not just Norwich but by the club as well!

I have actually seen David in the club shop at the mall, he was sitting in there when i went to buy a couple  of tickets to WBA away.. think it was our prem season... good to meet u David!

jas :)

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]I don''t know what the greater acheivement is; getting a lift with Hucks or getting a straight post out of Mello?[/quote]

"I was very, very, drunk!"

I applaud David.......Top Fellah!

Nice one  XXL16 ,    and good of Grant to get you a good meal !   and getting a lift from Hucks is no surprise ,  he`s a typical Nottingham  lad ,  no airs and graces .......  [:D]

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]I know I may sound like I''m an idoit and this may be common knowledge to some but how did you get to do all that? I mean I know we can go and see Norwich training but i thought it was a ''look over the fence'' job!

Sorry for my ignorance, i honestly have no idea how the whole going to see Norwich at Colney thing works?

Can you tell me a bit about how it all works and how you got to talk to the players?

Cheers![/quote]XXL/David Lee writes the "Hong Kong Footy" column - he''s a well known fan for this and for his yearly visits to Norwich and Colney, all the way from Hong Kong, so he rightly gets special treatment for coming all that way to watch his team.He''s certainly had a fantastic day and i''m quite jealous that he got a lift with Hucks and dinner with PG!! But at the same time you can''t help but feel really proud of the players and of Hucks, especially for giving him a lift and all. What a legend he is!Glad you''ve had such a worthwhile visit so far XXL. Don''t be too annoyed with the players who didn''t talk to you - i''m sure they don''t mean it personally, some people just aren''t as sociable and aren''t so good at talking with fans. I know if i was a footballer i don''t think i''d be that good with fans - i wouldn''t know what to say to them!!

XXL David Lee''s finest moment was when he suggested that one of the other players break one of Huckerby''s legs in training. Darren is certainly more forgiving than I would be.

[quote user="3canaries"]Quality read, and a deserved impromptu tour around the facilities...[/quote]

I''m trying to work out this avatar............Any ideas?

[quote user="cluck"]

[quote user="3canaries"]Quality read, and a deserved impromptu tour around the facilities...[/quote]

[/quote]

The one, the only, Keira Knightly.

I went to see the players train today.

I said ''Hello, I''m Rudolph Hucker.''

Once back outside the gates I found a gap in the hedge and watch the training. The players seemed to be practicing crowd gestures today and were good enough to involve me.

When lunch arrived I asked Granty if I could eat with him. I struggle with his Glaswegian and while I was trying to recall his words got locked outside the canteen.

It seemed as though the players had gone so, a couple of hours later I began to wlk back to the City.

Hucks then came up alongside me in his car and I asked him for a lift like he gave to the Chinese fella. He was great, we had that sort of player banter and I think he was really only pulling my leg when he said Icould ''phuck off.'' I laughed and he smiled and in the mood that passed between us just forgot about my lift and drove off.

Other players came past and all sort of waved at me and one of them failed to see the big puddle I had stopped by and got his car all wet.....I got wet too, but I think it was an accident.

So, all in all quite a positive experience although next time I go I think I''ll tell them my name is Mello Yello.

Hello cityangel, oh Hucks live so close to Colney? I really do not know that...

Hucks is a legend, definitely! So as Adam Drury too!!! :)

[quote user="3canaries"][quote user="cluck"]

[/quote]

The one, the only, Keira Knightly.

[/quote]

Is she related to the infamous Keira Twice-Nightly of North Walsham?........[;)]

I''m going to Colney this week, hope I have better luck than you Rudolph but then I doubt that PG will be able to resist my charm and angelic nature [:)]

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]I went to see the players train today. I said ''Hello, I''m Rudolph Hucker.'' Once back outside the gates I found a gap in the hedge and watch the training. The players seemed to be practicing crowd gestures today and were good enough to involve me. When lunch arrived I asked Granty if I could eat with him. I struggle with his Glaswegian and while I was trying to recall his words got locked outside the canteen. It seemed as though the players had gone so, a couple of hours later I began to wlk back to the City. Hucks then came up alongside me in his car and I asked him for a lift like he gave to the Chinese fella. He was great, we had that sort of player banter and I think he was really only pulling my leg when he said Icould ''phuck off.'' I laughed and he smiled and in the mood that passed between us just forgot about my lift and drove off. Other players came past and all sort of waved at me and one of them failed to see the big puddle I had stopped by and got his car all wet.....I got wet too, but I think it was an accident. So, all in all quite a positive experience although next time I go I think I''ll tell them my name is Mello Yello.[/quote]

Serves you right Hucker !   you had a real cheek expecting to get a lift  from a guy you said was to stupid to learn .....  its a wonder he didn`t   chin you !   [:P]      do you always dress like a tramp ?   no wonder  Delia  locked the door .....

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Thanks for making it worse ''Shed Head.''[/quote]

Sorry  if I offended you  Hucker  ,  my post was just my crude  humour  ....   not to be taken seriously  !   [;)]