Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We're Being Set Up............

By the board!

I just know Hunter will be appointed manager if we win or draw at QPR. All this nonsence about approaching ''unavailable'' managers is transparent and its doing my head in.

In my opinion, I don''t believe the board ever did have any intention of employing anyone other than Hunter. Oh for sure, they make the right noises to try and keep us quiet, but mark my words, Hunter WILL be the next manager of Norwich City FC.

Any other club at being turned down by Southend, would still press ahead untill they got Tilson. Remember Hull and Parkinson? We should not be taking no for an answer.

We are being set up.

And its a farce!.

So Hunter, not McLeish ?

Interesting, if I get a tenner on both of these, i could still be up !  Just need to find a bookie still willing to take my bet...

Your spot on for a change Wiz, why are we the only team in the football league that when we make an enquiry about either a player or manager, when we are told no we meakly retreat like a naughty schoolboy!!  We should be doing what other clubs do to us ( West Hams persistance with Ashton a good case! )  If Tilson is the man lets keep banging on the door to get him , realistically he has taken Southend as far as they can go and needs to move to a championship club with premiership potential, Thats us!!!

They''ve put the calls in and are just waiting to see what happens. What will happen with that approach? You''ve guessed it:  ZILCH!

[quote]Any other club at being turned down by Southend, would still press ahead untill they got Tilson.[/quote]

Hmmm.

We''ve (allegedly) interviewed the only Englishman to win the Premiership, a former england manager who has taken one of his clubs to the semis of a European competition, and a manager who took Rangers into the last 16 of the champions league, made Motherwell the second best team in Scotland for a season, and also put Hibs back into Scotlands'' top flight, all of whom are available without having to pay compensation.

And you''re upset because we won''t tap up last seasons'' league 1 winning manager ?

Perspective, dear boy.

[quote user="stephen nobbs"]They''ve put the calls in and are just waiting to see what happens. What will happen with that approach? You''ve guessed it:  ZILCH![/quote]

I would love Tilson here Stephen, just love it, but, unlike other more sucessful clubs, ''nice little Norwich'' have alledgely been told no, so thats the end of it.

Ye Gods!.

When will this board develope some balls for a change?.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Any other club at being turned down by Southend, would still press ahead untill they got Tilson.[/quote]

Hmmm.

We''ve (allegedly) interviewed the only Englishman to win the Premiership, a former england manager who has taken one of his clubs to the semis of a European competition, and a manager who took Rangers into the last 16 of the champions league, made Motherwell the second best team in Scotland for a season, and also put Hibs back into Scotlands'' top flight, all of whom are available without having to pay compensation.

And you''re upset because we won''t tap up last seasons'' league 1 winning manager ?

Perspective, dear boy.

[/quote]

Triple B:

You have more faith in  rumours than I do, I only know for certain about Tilson because the Southend chairman said so.

Everyone else you mentioned is pure speculation........................... and the club will love that mate.

why all the hunter bashing, maybe he is the one who could turn us around. i''ll wait and see but i am def not saying no to hunter just because everybody dosen''t like the stategy of promote from within.

Speculation doesn''t have to be a bad thing.

If the rumours surrounding McLeish are true, then it will be him, not Hunter that gets the post.

If not, then it could be that the rumours are being used to force the hand of people currently in work, Bowen, Tilson etc.

Either way, do we lose ?  In your eyes, only if we get Hunter.

Is a well respected coach who is well liked by the players such a bad appointment ?

well remember hunter was part of worthingtons team so what will change if he is appointed ,wiz you are right we will draw at qpr and birmingham beat cardiff and hunter will be manager.

[quote]well remember hunter was part of worthingtons team so what will change if he is appointed[/quote]

Players should be fighting for their jobs now, in theory there are no favourites. I believe we will see a much better team against QPR than we have for the last 4 or 5 matches.

Wiz,

Get a grip, you know nothing of the sort, its all speculation in the press and MB''s again.

As usual the Board aren''t saying anything , why would they until they have something to announce to the fans and press ?!!

OTBC

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Hmmm.

Perspective, dear boy.

[/quote]

id like to make a point that NO Englishman has won the Premiership.

Ferguson, Dalglish, Wenger, Mourinho

jas :)

Premiership?...First Division?........What the hell''s the difference?

So George Best was of no use because he never played in the Premiership?.......Bobby Moore? Geoff Hurst? Jimmy Greaves?.........et al?

It''s one and the same if you don''t suck up the hype.

Think you''re right about Hunter.

Think he''ll be the easy option, still on the payroll so no cash spent there, already knows the staff/players, all he''ll do is continue the Worthy legacy. If we (probably) lose at QPR and B''ham it''ll just be blamed on the injury ''sit-ew-ay-shun''

Get some new blood in for god''s sake!!!!!!!!!

Bowen, Crook, McLeish, Tilson, Curbs,Bond (John???) Don''t care!!!!!!!!

Just get someone new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bored of the stale predicament we''re in at the moment, Radio Boredland said we''d had 110 applicants for the job (so say Knob Chandler), where the hell are they then???????

Why are us fans being kept in the dark about the future of OUR club?????

[quote user="king of latvia"]well remember hunter was part of worthingtons team so what will change if he is appointed ,wiz you are right we will draw at qpr and birmingham beat cardiff and hunter will be manager.[/quote]hunter only arrived during the summer which is unfair on him as the damage had already been done.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

By the board!

I just know Hunter will be appointed manager if we win or draw at QPR. All this nonsence about approaching ''unavailable'' managers is transparent and its doing my head in.

In my opinion, I don''t believe the board ever did have any intention of employing anyone other than Hunter. Oh for sure, they make the right noises to try and keep us quiet, but mark my words, Hunter WILL be the next manager of Norwich City FC.

Any other club at being turned down by Southend, would still press ahead untill they got Tilson. Remember Hull and Parkinson? We should not be taking no for an answer.

We are being set up.

And its a farce!.

[/quote]

i agree wiz - are you gong to do something about it or just moan

[quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

By the board!

We are being set up.

And its a farce!.

[/quote]

i agree wiz - are you gong to do something about it or just moan

[/quote]

All  I can do is highlight it here and on other message boards, and you''d be foolish to discount the power of this medium. Hunter has had 10 games as 1st team coach, so don''t tell me he isn''t just as quilty as Worthy was for our poor showing this season.

And despite this, I believe the board will go ahead and appoint him!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

All  I can do is highlight it here and on other message boards, and you''d be foolish to discount the power of this medium.

[/quote]

Yep, it''s one powerful medium, for sure. It only took them 18 months to get a manager fired, plus if it wasn''t for the message boards Hucks wouldn''t have been signed! Amazing. Imagine what you could achieve on message boards in another, say, 6 years or so?? The possibilities are endless.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Speculation doesn''t have to be a bad thing.If the rumours surrounding McLeish are true, then it will be him, not Hunter that gets the post.If not, then it could be that the rumours are being used to force the hand of people currently in work, Bowen, Tilson etc.Either way, do we lose ?  In your eyes, only if we get Hunter.Is a well respected coach who is well liked by the players such a bad appointment ?[/quote]My concern is - exactly how do the players feel about Martin Hunter? Is he respected and liked by them, or do they see him as a hangover from the managerial regime which they appeared to neither respect, or like? The QPR performance should go some way towards answering this question - play like they did for games 1-5 and he has a chance - any performance resembling the latter 5 games of Worthy''s reign and he should be through the exit.

For once I agree with Wiz, just read todays paper:

[quote user="the edp"]From City''s perspective the one person who now appears to be in a much stronger position, almost by default, is Martin Hunter - the man currently in the hot-seat.

If the new man is not in place before the Canaries'' next match, away at QPR on Saturday, and should Hunter get any kind of positive result then his stock would surely be on the rise again - possibly enough to see him take full-time charge.[/quote]

Given the noises being made by Mcleish about the lack of transfer kitty it would seem that contenders are being discouraged by a perceived lack of ambition at the club. The public hands-off regarding Tilson appears to have worked with consummate ease, and Tilson is no longer being linked. The ethereal behind the scenes jockeying seems to be dragging us no nearer to an ideal solution to this crisis. And the longer this farce continues, the more likely it is that Hunter gets the job. If this happens, im going to be more than a little angry. and i suspect i will not be alone.

[quote]It only took them 18 months to get a manager fired, plus if it wasn''t for the message boards Hucks wouldn''t have been signed! [/quote]

To be fair Mook, it only took our defense not to turn up for 6 games to get the manager fired, and if it wasn''t for the message boards we''d have signed Hucks for half the price [;)]

This and other boards are of no interest to anyone other than those who write on them.....or maybe the odd journalist looking for a lead.

As with the selection of a new manager....we will get what the board deems fit. Let''s not think we have any kind of voice in any decision made at the club......we are mere plebs who pay to get in on matchdays.......or not, as I suspect with some regular posters.

[quote user="cluckin"]

This and other boards are of no interest to anyone other than those who write on them.....or maybe the odd journalist looking for a lead.

[/quote]

no - now they ring up tom cos he has saucers that tell him