Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Mckenzie gone for 1 Mil

Now on sky news leon has gone to Coventry for one million, i for one am sorry to see him go.

All the best Leon.

great price, nice bit of business that.  Well done Worthy and the board!Hopefully that opens the way for us to sign somebody before midnight?!?!?!?

Good money for an average player.

MacKenzie did provide some stirring moments and some great celebrations though.

If we weren''t going to offer him a new contract then I don''t blame him, however, Mackenzie owes Norwich a great deal:

Plucked from obscurity into a championship winning team and earning a medal which will surely be the highlight of his playing trophies.

Adulation from the off, his own song, the love of the supporters and player of the year for some groups.

A season in the Prem, he will never play there again and might never have had the chance otherwise and then a season of support for personal trauma.

Nigel Worthington has looked after him like a son. He has made Norwich a profit but he seems to be a peaks and troughs individual used to taking things for granted and in that respect Norwich owe him nothing....he owes Norwich and Nigel Worthington absolutely everything.

£600,000 with add ons that will probably never have to be paid , looks like nobody coming in either , great bit of buisiness by the Norwich management ...not.

last time Coventry broaght a player from us ... we never got the full amount because they stop short playing Bellers by 1 match and then sold him to newcastle!!

At least Leon can''t play against us. From the official site:"Doncaster confirmed a deal had also been struck with Coventry

which meant McKenzie would not be able to play against his former club

in either of the two league matches this season."

MacKenzie probably doesn''t want to play against us...he has been under the Doc for long enough!

good luck to him, I would have like to give him a go but still sounds like good money for him. keep your chins up, it''s not all doom and gloom.

600k plus add ons means 600k.

I cant think of an add on that he will achieve

Coventry Promotion - No chance

International caps - hahahahahaha

Appearances - He''ll be dropped before long

Goals - Very funny indeed ,unless its for 1. Remember, he scored against the scum, thats all he''s ever done Mckenzie whhhoooaaaah ( abit harsh)

If it is 1 million that is a great deal.  Leon''s best days with us had gone and its clear he was no longer interested in the club.  Good luck to him but I feel disappointed with the mud slinging of the last few weeks.

Not such good business though if nobody is coming in.  Still time though...