Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Cotterill bid must have done wonders for the confidence of Jarvis and Henderson

I guess Ryan Jarvis and Ian Henderson must be feeling great knowing that their manager was prepared to pay 2m for an 18yr old Welsh international, who was playing for Bristol City.  Why doesn''t the manager give our own youngsters a chance, he might be pleasantly surprised, let alone the fact that we could save ourselves a lot of money.

Well lets hope to God that Hendo & Jarvis never read these boards. According to loads of posters on here if anyone of our starting 11 was to get injured we have no quality cover at all and we would instantly be doomed. Imagine what it would do to Hendo or Jarvis'' confidence to realise that so many of the the club''s supporters have so little confidence in them! (Although Hendo probably doesn''t have to wonder too much as in the past some of our own "supporters" have actually booed him when he was on the pitch).

No different to lisbie, earnshaw, JJ2 or even hulse and howard over the last 12 months is it?  And I am sure those played on leons mind too when asking for a transfer.

WLY,Jarvis and Hendo must know where they stand by know surely?

Perhaps Jarvis and Henderson are as aware of their lack of quality as the fans are?

[quote user="JC"]Perhaps Jarvis and Henderson are as aware of their lack of quality as the fans are?[/quote]

I''m a fan, I think they both have qualities, maybe it''s about time they were given a go.

i think theyr realistic, theyr got going to be supprised if we go for decent players to make the squad better. i think they understand the way a football club works and wud not take every approach on a player as a personal attack

to be honest i think wev got a coupl of decent players there. with a bit of encouragment they cud break into the first team. i think theyll need to prove themselves this year tho as they cant really be considered as youngsters now? surely theyv got to do something in the first team or be treated as senior players next summer - if theyr not good enough theyll go

I think both players are pretty good.. hendo has played 95% of his games out of position so its been difficult to judge.

Ryan Jarvis invariably looks dangerous when he plays and still isnt 20 yet. he can only get better. id like to see him given a try

jas :)

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="JC"]Perhaps Jarvis and Henderson are as aware of their lack of quality as the fans are?[/quote]

I''m a fan, I think they both have qualities, maybe it''s about time they were given a go.

[/quote]

and exactly how many goes must Henderson be given (he''s started 26 league games)...and quite frankly is a poor mans chris llewellyn...too lightweight...cant cross...poor finisher

I''m not convinced either will make it.  Henderson has looked poor even when he has been given a chance up front (he had a few games last Autumn I remember).  Even away from the pressure of Carrow Road his finishing has been shocking (Brighton last year a rare exception).  I thought he did well in the promotion season but hasn''t really stepped up since then.

Jarvis has been unlucky with injuries but has rarely shone when picked.  His goal against Liverpool was a brilliant effort but there has been little else of note when he has played.   When the likes of Sutton, Eadie and Bellamy came through the ranks you could see very early their major strengths but with Ryan i can''t see what his major strength is.

I''d love to see the Norfolk boys break through but i don''t think its gonna be these two.   Hope i''m wrong.

the problem is we''re second in the league, its our last season of chute money - we should be going for it while the opportunity is there, instead we sell a want-away striker and lose our only target to wigan, who imo would repesent a huge gamble anyway - is cots a welsh wayne rooney?if earnie gets injured for wales at the weekend, we won''t look the same team with either jarvis or hendo up front.  hendo doesn''t cut it for me, while jarvis has potential - but he''s no rob earnshaw, and therein lies the problem.  without adequate cover, we''re gambling on earnie always being available, keeping form and having the desire to score goals and play well for us. it might be prudent, but it certainly isn''t ambitious.

Since the promotion year Henderson hasn''t had a prolonged run in the team, all players need time. In my opinion he had a pretty good season in the promotion year, maybe we should give him a go. The same goes for Jarvis, he hasn''t had much time. Many players have taken their time to settle into the squad, for instance Iwan, and now look at him, a Norwich legend. Give these guys a little time.

Perhaps you have missed the many games in which they have been ''given a go'' in various postions?

[quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

when are the people on this board going to realise that maybe the younger players we have, just arnt good enough.

how many times has hendo came on and not impressed ?

if jarvis was up to it he would be playing by now.

hux said last year they are not ready. ( does this mean good enough ).

i would love to see our young talent come through and play. but only if they are worth a place.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]On the flip side, the lack of bids for any other players suggests confidence in the current starting 11, surely ?[/quote]

thats not the point BlahBlah, we all realise the first XI is decent, but as soon as you look at the bench and see Fleming, Hooze, Hendo, Macca and co, we are in trouble the moement injuries come., or if we need to change it around.  Reading had 3 top strikers last season in Lita, Dotle and Kitson.  They had 4 good wingers in Little, Oster, Convey and Hunt.

An injury in our front 3 and if its Erny we are F***ed, Hucks can be replaced by McVeigh, Crofty and a not as good on the right McVeigh, or unimpressive Henderson.

you never know they may stay fit.