Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

Ernies Injured!!

[quote user="Iwans Front Teeth"]

Sprained wrist, but should be fine for Saturday says rick waghorn.co.uk

Just shows theres no need for these pointless midweek friendlys.

[/quote]

Said on Radio Norfolk at lunchtime that hes doubtful for Sat but Norwich will assess the situation tomorrow.

He''ll be fine, and if he''s not we''ll have someone desperate to prove a point in his place.The starting 11 have set a high standard this season, but they''ve all been doing the same training and I''d fully expect anyone coming in to keep the standard high.No reason at all Thorne, McVeigh, Jarvis or a combination of them can''t deputise should Mr Earnshaw not make the game.Last season everyone moaned that McVeigh got few games, along with Jarvis.Now we find ourselves with them providing what I believe is capable backup and still the moaners keep moaning.These people won''t be happy until we''ve got Henry up front alongside Rooney, with Chevcenko, Messi, and Van-Nistleroy on the bench.And even then they''d still be saying "But Chris Sutton is available on a pay-per play, he''s only 53 and his hip replacement was a complete success!"

I don''t want to appear negative but I think that having Van Nistelroy on the bench is a bad idea - his best days are behind him and he has definitely lost pace. I would also be concerned about Rooney''s discipliary problems and the fact that Henry is useless in the air.

[quote user="Herb"]He''ll be fine, and if he''s not we''ll have someone desperate to prove a point in his place.
The starting 11 have set a high standard this season, but they''ve all been doing the same training and I''d fully expect anyone coming in to keep the standard high.
No reason at all Thorne, McVeigh, Jarvis or a combination of them can''t deputise should Mr Earnshaw not make the game.

Last season everyone moaned that McVeigh got few games, along with Jarvis.
Now we find ourselves with them providing what I believe is capable backup and still the moaners keep moaning.

These people won''t be happy until we''ve got Henry up front alongside Rooney, with Chevcenko, Messi, and Van-Nistleroy on the bench.
And even then they''d still be saying "But Chris Sutton is available on a pay-per play, he''s only 53 and his hip replacement was a complete success!"

[/quote]

Have I read this correctly, are you saying you believe we have adequate back up Herb?

[quote user="John Boubepo"]

Have I read this correctly, are you saying you believe we have adequate back up Herb?

[/quote]You can never have enough backup, but we do have players who deserve a chance. If Earnshaw is injured it will indeed leave us light on the bench but it will also mean that another player on the fringe of the first team (or more with a change of formation) gets a chance to show us what he can do.Dangerous as Earnie is, we''re creating enough chances at the moment to nick a win even if he doesn''t make the fitness test.

You want Herb to admit the club got something wrong , if they took us into administration he would put a good spin on it.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="John Boubepo"]

[/quote]You can never have enough backup, but we do have players who deserve a chance. If Earnshaw is injured it will indeed leave us light on the bench but it will also mean that another player on the fringe of the first team (or more with a change of formation) gets a chance to show us what he can do.Dangerous as Earnie is, we''re creating enough chances at the moment to nick a win even if he doesn''t make the fitness test.[/quote]Ok I take your point, I believe we could fill a hole if any one player gets injured and agree it will give another player a chance but I also believe if we get two/three or more injuries at the same time [and surely we will] we will be scratching to cover the those holes with the current squad and our form will suffer.

[quote user="Herb"]He''ll be fine, and if he''s not we''ll have someone desperate to prove a point in his place.The starting 11 have set a high standard this season, but they''ve all been doing the same training and I''d fully expect anyone coming in to keep the standard high.No reason at all Thorne, McVeigh, Jarvis or a combination of them can''t deputise should Mr Earnshaw not make the game.Last season everyone moaned that McVeigh got few games, along with Jarvis.Now we find ourselves with them providing what I believe is capable backup and still the moaners keep moaning.These people won''t be happy until we''ve got Henry up front alongside Rooney, with Chevcenko, Messi, and Van-Nistleroy on the bench.And even then they''d still be saying "But Chris Sutton is available on a pay-per play, he''s only 53 and his hip replacement was a complete success!"[/quote]So Chris Sutton is 53? and hes had a hip replacement? I hope he reads this and sues.