Sign in to follow this  
ca

Doug Livermore

Serious question, does anyone have any idea what he does or what his role within the club is.

Ive only been to Colney twice in past 2 weeks and training was taken by Hunter/Worthy and no sign of Livermore.

Does he look after either the reserve or youth teams maybe or is that Keith Webb?

Does anyone know?

Apparently he has the nickname with in certain parts of the club as Triple B - "Balls, Bibs & Bags" - as thats all he apparently does looks after these..

This may be alittle unfair as I have seen him during matches handing a note book to Worthington....

This one seems very strange too me when the playing staff are at such threadbear levels and finances are so tight we are wasting money on him when his wages could go to another player...

Tried doing a google search for variations of: ''Doug Livermore, job description, Norwich City''... No joy as yet..!

Cityangel, I don''t know what his role is but he used to be my neighbour about 2 years ago, so I can give you an idea of what he does...

He used to leave home every morning ( that is Thorpe St Andrew) at around 8.30 am. His car will usually be back by 2.30 pm. So as you can see its a long day at the office...

PS: He is a big Liverpool supporter.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Serious question, does anyone have any idea what he does or what his role within the club is.

Ive only been to Colney twice in past 2 weeks and training was taken by Hunter/Worthy and no sign of Livermore.

Does he look after either the reserve or youth teams maybe or is that Keith Webb?

Does anyone know?

[/quote]

Don''t the NCISA sponsor Doug Livermore?? Perhaps you could ask them! [;)]

Livermore Out !

Be good to have a new hate campaign. Perhaps someone could set up a website, scrawl up some placards and maybe fill in some petitions.

You can put me down for a dozen or so signatures - just make sure you get the spelling correct.

For Gods sake Ralph, can''t anyone ask a question on here without you referring to last season''s protests or petitions?

If you know what his job role is and which of our teams he looks after then tell us, otherwise keep to the threads where you can make a contribution.

[quote user="cityangel"]

For Gods sake Ralph, can''t anyone ask a question on here without you referring to last season''s protests or petitions?

If you know what his job role is and which of our teams he looks after then tell us, otherwise keep to the threads where you can make a contribution.

[/quote]

Surely the NCISA must know if they sponsor him! Perhaps they could tell you! [;)]

CA said!!

With all due respect CA, you seem to me to be rather repetitive, especially when you give your opinions on Worthy.

I have no idea what Livermore does, but I imagine he does what management requires and what they pay him for, probably lost now that Foley is not here.

Getting back to the initial question, not alot.

Livermore is nicknamed the BBC man by the players - balls, bibs and cones. I cannot understand why he is still here or what he offers to the development and progression of the football club - obviously Worthington knows something we don''t?!

If Livermore had any quality as an assistant or coach, surely he would still be employed by Spurs or Liverpool?

*********************************************************************************************************

If we don''t sign anyone, is it really that bad? We could always give the youngsters a chance... [;)]

if i were a betting man i would place money on assisting with tactics during the game and being in charge of analysis of the opposition (scouting). He will definitely have a role though, other wise he wouldnt be employed.  It amazes me that some people would actually believe that latter statement.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Welcome to Ralphs World.......

[/quote]

[:D][:D]

[quote user="Disco"]

Livermore is nicknamed the BBC man by the players - balls, bibs and cones. I cannot understand why he is still here or what he offers to the development and progression of the football club - obviously Worthington knows something we don''t?! [/quote]

Quite a lot more I would imagine Disco.  Could it be that he is an extra pair of eyes and ears, and available to give advice or pick up on anything missed ?  Kind of like a consultant ?

[quote]If Livermore had any quality as an assistant or coach, surely he would still be employed by Spurs or Liverpool?[/quote]

Maybe he''s happy here ?

[quote user="Disco"]

Livermore is nicknamed the BBC man by the players - balls, bibs and cones. I cannot understand why he is still here or what he offers to the development and progression of the football club - obviously Worthington knows something we don''t?!

If Livermore had any quality as an assistant or coach, surely he would still be employed by Spurs or Liverpool?

If we don''t sign anyone, is it really that bad? We could always give the youngsters a chance... [;)]

[/quote]

Can''t you apply that logic to any of our players?  Or other management staff?! 

For my money, usually the assistant manager isn''t much of a public manager, look at Tord Grip?  But is someone respected for his counsel by the Manager? 

Chunky

[quote user="Disco"]

[/quote]

Can''t you apply that logic to any of our players?  Or other management staff?! 

For my money, usually the assistant manager isn''t much of a public manager, look at Tord Grip?  But is someone respected for his counsel by the Manager? 

Chunky

An Assistant Manager is the link between players and the gaffer.

Why did Mourinho keep Steve Clarke as Assistant Manager? Simply because he knows the English game inside out, and can provide the link between the two major parts of the football team that a new man couldn''t do. A manager can never, and should never get too close to his players. It''s not a popularity contest. At the same time, he cannot destroy their confidence and desire to play for him. 

Stiking the balance is the job of the assistant manager, and one which Doug Livermore has performed extremely well for Norwich City.

Without an assistant manager, the manager cannot manage his club.

There is so much that goes on "behind the scenes" which many don''t know about in every Football Club in the world. It is easy to assume "Oh, he does nothing..." That couldn''t be further from the truth.

Doug Livermore does a fine job, and long may he continue.

"Doug Livermore does a fine job, and long may he continue."

That won''t stop my Livermore Out campaign. I shall cheer the opposition bench, write on the back of cornflake boxes and wave them outside the ground and I shall call him Liver no more.

I bet they''ll be thousands and thousands who will join my campaign. Think I''m wrong, well just count how many people sing his name at the next game, then you''ll know how many agree with me.

LO

[quote user="cityangel"]

Does anyone know?

[/quote]

In answer to your question people seem to be guessing at what his role within the club  is! He is sponsored by NCISA, I think that Foghorn guy has something to do with them, maybe he knows?? Why don''t people want to give straight answers to questions on here?? Are there hidden agendas I don''t know about???

Slight flaws in your plan Ralph , you can only applaud the opposition bench once (not cheer it on more than one occassion), Livermore never gets his name chanted (NW used to get his chanted) so it will be difficult to gauge how your campaign is going. So what is your position on the booing of Leon?, for such an opinionated individual you seem rather reticent on the subject.

And to end I have some advice for you - Put you analyst on danger money baby!!

You do seem to be having trouble with your spelling S of B.

Are you related/connected to citizen paul by any chance ?

He''s a nightmare with his spelling. So much so that you might almost thing he was from suffolk.

LO

Just clear this one up for me please SOB:

Did your Mum pronounce her name

bow da see ya

or

boo dick a?

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Hi Ralph not related to CJF, always was crap at spelling, so what do you think about the abuse of Leon when he came on as sub against Barnsley?[/quote]

Cmon Ralph answer the man''s question [:D]