Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

Family club - Well can I just say.....

having attended my first game of season on sat i met the new guy and his young son in front of me, the son appears to be about 7. i chatted before game and he seemed ok, but when the game started i was astonished at the language not only he used but also the young boy. i have 3 teenage sons who go with me and i would never allow them to use that language, whilst i accept swearing happens and i do it myself i dont go over the top like this man and his son did. i am not looking forward to hearing that all season.

[quote user="Hayden"]

Thankyou Nav Man

It is quite good fun to post something and then sit back and see where it ends up.....quite often its hilarious. You are bang on. Firstly, I sit where I want, I like my seat and why should I move because of this idiot? All you who say I should go somewhere else in the ground.....er....nuff said. I swear sometimes at the football, so do my mates, so do the people around me, but nothing like this burk who visibly makes popele of all ages cringe. He is over the top and all I was saying is that he is obviously over the top and maybe a word in his ear wouldn''t go a miss.....I am not syaing he should be shot for christs sake and I am not saying swearing should be banned either because that is ridiculous. I never said that but I guess some of you need ammunition. Is this how your match day goes......?????

"Hello, can I have a f***in ticket to the f***in Norwich match please. I hope we beat f***in Preston today the w***ers! Come on son, lets get a f***in programme and then I ''ll buy you some f***in sweets to eat while we watch the f***in game" Your dinner parties must be a treat.

Anyway, twist and interpret it how you like, its is an open forum afterall, but how it got onto the right wing and Nazis I have no idea!!!

OTBC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/quote]so sheded swastikas and combat 18 tattoos are acceptable to you yes....what either those allegiances have to do with democracy I''m not sure...yes anyone can choose their politics but would you equally find it acceptable if someone turned up dressed in a white cloak and hood, no difference as far as I''m concerned...theres a lets kick racism campaign in football for a very good reason, because its not acceptable to any right thinking human being

from If your rubbish and you know clap your hands !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I  believe the above is the answer  to you question ?   this makes my THIRD attempt  to reply to this  guy ,  so censorship is alive and flourishing  on this board !  apparently its perfectly OK to  imply that I`m a nazi sympathiser ,  with leanings towards  Combat 18  !   but not to  have the opportunity  to  give my answer  ?   whatever happened to freedom of speech ?...... oh , I`d forgotten !   the self rightous   politically  correct mob have been eroding   that freedom   !!     what a pity  we never got a squeak out of them  when  old hook hands   was spitting out  death to all westerners , and praising  the 7/7  bombers ........... not a bloody word !!!  

Sheded wrote in answer to Mook

isn`t that the same attitude  as the muslim fanatics  Mook ?  ....  like ..... there can be only one way , and that is mine ?  in a democracy  , all people have a right  to choose  their  party !    .....

As for all  this swearing  bit ....  there`s been effing and blinding   at football matches  since God knows when !   your little treasures   just have to get used to it ...   football is NOT  a naice  middle class  , ultra polite , gathering  of  high minded   snobs  , who think  they  can dictate the behaviour  of the " lesser mortals "   ....   rant over Beer [B]

Sheded I thought you were a naice mild mannered person,  Sheded! you''ve disappointed me by bracketing and pigeon holing all sorts of naice people, you give class a vantage point on these boards, as do the people who disdainfully seek to classify the PRAWN SANDWICH brigade as being removed from our society.  Think back my friend to when you may have been asked to man the trenches, in defence of whatever, and found yourself rubbing shoulders with a vicar, a doctor, a lawyer, a snob and what do they have in common my friend, along with most of us they lie cheat steal and fornicate with the best, and finally they gather under that most accommodating banner, HOLD IT; NCFC''s own supporters club. Where they proceed to do what they do best, look down on one another.!!!!

Hello Sheded

Everybody is entitled to opinions on a multitude of topics.....my opinion was that a man swearing excessively at a football match to the point where it upset others was grounds for somebody who was repsonsible for making the football club a safe and friendly environment to perhaps intervene. I have my opinions on topics you mention also...will I discuss them on a football site forum???......no. You are entitled to your views and opinions as am I and so are the rest of the people on this board, some of those opinions I will keep to myself. In my opinion I still will not accept that excessive foul and abusive language or racial insults need to be present at a football match and I do not believe that by having these opinions I should shy away from somebody who does think that way. If you think I condone the 7/7 bombings (how the hell I get accused of that from my orginal thread I don''t know) for example then you couldn''t be more wrong.....but that is not to be discussed on this forum.

"political correctness gone mad"

is always the answer of those that preferred it when we were imposing our ideas on others, not them imposing on us.

Beelsie  , I am normally  a pretty easy going guy !   but that doesn`t mean   I can`t lose it  on occasion  .......  anyway , this IS  a football forum   , so I`ll  just let it drop  , always a mistake to get involved  in politics  on a discussion  forum   anyway.........   

As for  that bloke who swears all the time  , I`ll swear  he`s got that syndrome  , forget its name ,  where  the sufferer  just can`t help swearing all the time  !   [:P]

Jim, I don''t remember saying it was a good thing. But it is true. Great Britain spent a good few centuries going where we liked and doing what we pleased with other people''s cultures, religions and countries.

Boot''s on the other foot now.

[quote user="snake pit army"]this really annoys me, you sit in the barclay, an area known for atmosphere, meaning some passionate colourful language, i have a season tickets in the snake pit, and i stand and swear with the rest of the bunch, and when a disgruntled woman with her 4 year girl turns round to tell me to watch my language i tell her the same thing i''ll now tell you, '' family stands other side of the ground ''[/quote]

I am totally with you SPA

Sitting in the lower barclay you can see the areas where there are less vocal supporters - there''s the cardigan wearing jarrold, the library of the main stand and the church that is of Saint Norwich and Peterborough. (I''m being flipant i know, but i''m just trying to put across that there are obviously quieter areas.) If you sit in the snakepit or barclay, especially lower then you can hardly complain and be taken seriously.

Yes to a certain extent the club needs youngsters to generate future sales (and of course current sales of shirts and such) but there is a time and a place - match days in those areas isnt the time or place for kids if the parents dont want to have swearing barrelled down their ear holes.

To a certain extent is sums up the way that life is to a certain extent - its no different from those that move to a house near the airport then complain about the planes.

Sit in the family enclosure and complain and you''d have my support, but dont sit in front of me and moan cos you''ll get an honest reply with plenty of expletives in for good measure.

The fact of the matter is that s4 public order act covers people using  obscene threatening or abusive language, but in the same sense, Carrow Rd is private property and not deemed an area of public responsibility. There have been moves to blend the two as the club pay for the police to be there and can act against things such as racism, although that comes under a different act altogether as far as I''m aware. If old bill kicked you out for colourful language then they''d have to take half the ground with them - they just wouldnt do it, and the stewards wont be backed into a corner and will not act either. Jeez, think of all the chants...the referees a ******, always **** on the ol blue and white. there''s loads of em, it''s an integral part of football just like beers and pies. If i take my grand kids into a pub i accept what may happen and if needed i will leave. i suggest others do the same. Maybe it''s just a case of parental selfishness - they want to watch the game, but have to take the kids with them, then moan about the atmosphere!

" I think I have heard it all now - people should be banned from football matches for swearing and having tattoos. The day that happens, you can safely say that the pc moaners have managed to sanitise something else "

Yep, must be pretty awful watching things getting sanitised. Fine, allow people to sport right wing tattoos and rightwing views, but at least have the decency to allow them to be treated as they would treat others.

Expecting the right of free expression when your views are ones of denying, not only free expression, but life to others is a bit rich. Why they are here I don''t know. Far better for them to be in a totalitarian society where their views would fit in well.

As to swearing then I would suggest you don''t take your kids to an adult environment. Much the same as having kids running round pubs. Is there nowhere that we can go to escape from the little blighters. They are a nighmare. I suffered ten years of them while I was at school.

I''ll remove my tongue from my cheek Sheded, It will allow me to say I believe the words you are looking for is "Tourettes Syndrome"  best wishes in the naicest possible way. Also politics are only for those who don''t seek answers.

[quote user="beelsie"]I''ll remove my tongue from my cheek Sheded, It will allow me to say I believe the words you are looking for is "Tourettes Syndrome"  best wishes in the naicest possible way. Also politics are only for those who don''t seek answers.[/quote]

Well thats very naice of you Beelsie  !   I looked that up in Google ,  nasty !    its like that joke ...  judge  to the prisoner , "  Do you have anything to say  , before I pass sentence ?"     prisoner   , " f*ck all ! "     the judge , being a bit deaf , didn`t hear this  , so he turned  to  the  recorder  and asked , " What did he say ? " ,    recorder  ," f*ck all  , your worship "    ,       judge , " odd  ..... I`m sure I saw his lips move "  .........   

Moral .....  if the bloke in front of you  at the match   swears continuously  , AND  he`s built like a brick sh*thouse , he`s suffering from Tourettes syndrome  !   [I]

Note , the Barry Fry syndrome   is a form of Tourettes  which only manifests itself in  football  dressing rooms ! 

I think the point that was originally being made was not really about swearing in general at football matches, since heightened emotions often see people use colourful language and good old anglo-saxon words can come in handy!.

Rather my interpretation of the post was that Hayden enjoyment was suffering from an oaf who wanted to be centre of attention, but who’s only means of getting that attention was to behave in what most of us would see as tiresome and childish behaviour. In that circumstances I think the stewards if called upon have a duty to inform that individual about the tone and persistency of his language.

If he refuses to refrain, then throw the f**king idiot over the top of the Barclay….

[quote user="GJD"]I think the point that was originally being made was not really about swearing in general at football matches, since heightened emotions often see people use colourful language and good old anglo-saxon words can come in handy!. Rather my interpretation of the post was that Hayden enjoyment was suffering from an oaf who wanted to be centre of attention, but who’s only means of getting that attention was to behave in what most of us would see as tiresome and childish behaviour. In that circumstances I think the stewards if called upon have a duty to inform that individual about the tone and persistency of his language. If he refuses to refrain, then throw the f**king idiot over the top of the Barclay….[/quote]

You''ve hit the nail on the head GJD.

Attention seekers thrive in all-seater stadiums where they have a captive audience.  They''re a pain in the arse.  It''s like living next door to the neighbour from hell.  Telling them to shut up only encourages them. 

I agree that the stewards need to find a way of dealing with these people.  Could be a job for the Supporters Consultative Committee.  

UEA Canary you miss the point - we are not talking about "normal fans" who use colourful language at times and in songs but the attention-seeking morons that like upsetting other people (or at least think it is their right). The extyreme cases that recent posters have referred to. Nobody expects a football match to be like a vicar''s tea party!

swearing is part of life and your kids will get an earful of it through the ears - how do you know if they aren''t swearing already with their mates on the schoolplay ground.  apparently, i learnt the ''f'' word on my first day at school because i told my mum to ''f'' off when asked what i wanted for tea.  i do sympathise with you, but you can either ignore it, report it or move to the family area. however, swearing doesn''t make city a non-family club in my view.

agree with lucky green trainers the playground where my 10 year old plays ajoins to a public walkway and the delights i have heard coming from there are quite choice . Cannot believe this thread has turned into a 4 pager mainly disscussing language imo its the type of fan that attends matches now a more reserved type who would baulk if someone passed wind at work that is the problem .As for not sitting in the family enclosure with your kids if you go in the Barclay or Snakepit with them expect to hear choice words etc you know it happens so don''t go in there.

Dicky wrote: "With regard to people having right wing tattoos, still a free country even if the vast majority of us vehemently disagree with them."

Assuming Combat 18 was the organisation the original poster was alluding to, they are a terrorist group and are banned for good reason. That includes banning insignia supporting them, flags, tattoos, etc.

Presumably you would be happy for Parkhead and Ibrox to reverse their ban on people displaying similar allegiance to the IRA, UFF?

UEA Canary- I''m afraid that there is racism at Carrow Road - although thankfully not the kind that sees the whole crowd making monkey noises or the like.

I''ve heard plenty of what you might call ''casual" racist comments aimed at black players. Just a few examples: I sit in the City stand and have heard the word "golliwog" mentioned. Last season the woman behind us had a go at Barry Hayles losing his temper by suggesting to her friends/family around her that someone should give him a banana to calm him down.

In another game, she also suggested that the referee was wasting his time lecturing the (black) Southampton centre half as he "probably doesn''t understand a word you''re saying, ref". This was Darren Powell, born in...England!

Sad to say that despite the (very worthwhile and mostly successful) campaign to Kick Racism Out of Football there will always be some ignorant fools in the ground/society in general. All we can hope is that it is a generational thing that will eventually die out

(....I can dream!)

Sheded, I like it!! you''ve obviously realised that the syndrome man might also pack a punch but only in the gentlest of ways.  Barry Fry is my idea of a real football manager, as in Weneger without the intilect.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Middle of the Road"]

City Angel wrote "Why don''t you take your kids into the Family Enclosure?"

Why the hell should we? So that you and your ilk can scream out persistently foul abuse with racism thrown in?

We are not talking about normal colourful language which is part of football.but 90 minutes of abuse and hatred.

[/quote]

You are skating on very thin ice with your comments about me which are becoming very personal and abusive. I don''t swear or hurl abuse at anyone and have never been racist in all my life.

I''m watching your comments very carefully and hope the Moderators are too!!!!

[/quote]

So why do you stick up for those that do, which is what this whole thread is about?

No football is not an adults game, you should be able to take your kids, I don''t just mean in the family area. It doesn''t say over 18 on the turnstyles does it? This sort of consistent abusive behaviour is a breach of conduct, the police can easily remove you from the ground for using abusive / rascist language. I am not perfect, i''m sure we have all muttered the odd expletive in our time, but 90 mins of absue is not on, if I was sat there I would insist on the stewards taking action otherwsie I would report it to the police, if we don''t react these cretins have won and we have to endure this vile behaviour. The reason no-one says anything is fear, but what if everybody said something? let''s make sure we make such morons feel less than welcome. I don''t pay 20-30 quid to listen to some lowlife swear for 90 minutes. 

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]UEA Canary you miss the point - we are not talking about "normal fans" who use colourful language at times and in songs but the attention-seeking morons that like upsetting other people (or at least think it is their right). The extyreme cases that recent posters have referred to. Nobody expects a football match to be like a vicar''s tea party![/quote]Well thats fair enough, I personally wouldn''t stand up to them as I doubt it will have any effect whatsoever, the best thing you could do is complain to the stewards and the club.Speaking of Stewards the one at Derby was a right ass! Its very difficult to pick a seat when you''ve got someone bleating in your ear "You can''t stand there"

[quote user="Marty"]No football is not an adults game, you should be able to take your kids, I don''t just mean in the family area. It doesn''t say over 18 on the turnstyles does it? This sort of consistent abusive behaviour is a breach of conduct, the police can easily remove you from the ground for using abusive / rascist language. I am not perfect, i''m sure we have all muttered the odd expletive in our time, but 90 mins of absue is not on, if I was sat there I would insist on the stewards taking action otherwsie I would report it to the police, if we don''t react these cretins have won and we have to endure this vile behaviour. The reason no-one says anything is fear, but what if everybody said something? let''s make sure we make such morons feel less than welcome. I don''t pay 20-30 quid to listen to some lowlife swear for 90 minutes. [/quote]

Yeh thats a great idea, you can start by removing the entire barclay and snake pit then...then we can just have the stony silence from the Jarrold stand.

I think that it a bit much suggesting that anyone who doesn''t want to be listen to a foul-mouthed tirade throughout the game should be told to sit in the family enclosure. Surely it would be better to deal with the people who feel the need to express themselves this way and let the normal fans just enjoy the game?

[quote user="jetstream"]UEA Canary- I''m afraid that there is racism at Carrow Road - although thankfully not the kind that sees the whole crowd making monkey noises or the like.

I''ve heard plenty of what you might call ''casual" racist comments aimed at black players. Just a few examples: I sit in the City stand and have heard the word "golliwog" mentioned. Last season the woman behind us had a go at Barry Hayles losing his temper by suggesting to her friends/family around her that someone should give him a banana to calm him down.

In another game, she also suggested that the referee was wasting his time lecturing the (black) Southampton centre half as he "probably doesn''t understand a word you''re saying, ref". This was Darren Powell, born in...England!

Sad to say that despite the (very worthwhile and mostly successful) campaign to Kick Racism Out of Football there will always be some ignorant fools in the ground/society in general. All we can hope is that it is a generational thing that will eventually die out

(....I can dream!)[/quote]Well I do not doubt for a second there are people in the crowd having racist thoughts or maybe making a small quiet comment to a close friend or family member. But I for one am glad we are at a stage where it is complete unacceptable to actaully chant or shout such stuff. Although I find myself very irritated when Fans can taunt players such as crouch (Gillingham away) for his height shouting such things as "freak" and evidently thats completely acceptable.

[quote user="Middle of the Road"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Middle of the Road"]

City Angel wrote "Why don''t you take your kids into the Family Enclosure?"

Why the hell should we? So that you and your ilk can scream out persistently foul abuse with racism thrown in?

We are not talking about normal colourful language which is part of football.but 90 minutes of abuse and hatred.

[/quote]

You are skating on very thin ice with your comments about me which are becoming very personal and abusive. I don''t swear or hurl abuse at anyone and have never been racist in all my life.

I''m watching your comments very carefully and hope the Moderators are too!!!!

[/quote]

So why do you stick up for those that do, which is what this whole thread is about?

[/quote]

Ive only posted once in this thread and that was to suggest to the person who complained about swearing in the Barclay that it might be worth considering the Family Enclosure. I sat there for 5 years and there''s no swearing in there so its more suitable for kids.

Where does my one sentence post stick up for people swearing, being abusive or racists which I am totally against.

Well yes, if the entire Barclay crowd spend 90 minds using foul / abusive / racist language then so be it, chuck them out. But I doubt everybody is that bad. I am not saying you cannot swear but who the hell wants to listen to 90 mins of that vile dross? I''d rather sit in an empty stand. It is not compulsory to shout abuse at a football game, and I for one do not consider it necessary to have to tolerate listening to it either. And before you ask I have asked people to watch their language in the past with high success, if not I’ll chat with the police. I am not Mother Theresa but some bevaviour should not be tolerated, these Neanderthals should be eradicated. Why are we so tolerant of anti social behaviour?

[quote user="Marty"]

Well yes, if the entire Barclay crowd spend 90 minds using foul / abusive / racist language then so be it, chuck them out. But I doubt everybody is that bad. I am not saying you cannot swear but who the hell wants to listen to 90 mins of that vile dross? I''d rather sit in an empty stand. It is not compulsory to shout abuse at a football game, and I for one do not consider it necessary to have to tolerate listening to it either. And before you ask I have asked people to watch their language in the past with high success, if not I’ll chat with the police. I am not Mother Theresa but some bevaviour should not be tolerated, these Neanderthals should be eradicated. Why are we so tolerant of anti social behaviour?[/quote]

This was in reply to UEA canary''s 4.11 post implying that if we adopted a low tolerance to abusive people at football grounds there would be no-one left, I disagree strongly. It''s just about changing the mentality of people. Once you though someone out for unacceptable behaviour do you not think it may send out a message to many other people?