Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

McKenzie bid rejected!!!

Nigel Worthington has revealed today that he has turned down a bid from Coventry City, and then another improved bid has also been rejected.

I wonder what Nigel values Leon at? We paid around £250,000 for him plus a bit more for promotion which was achieved which eventually totalled about £400,000.

I would have thought about £750,000 would do us nicely.

[quote user="sket"]Link to this story please[/quote]Worthington confirmed it in the post-match interview on Radio Norfolk about 15 minutes ago.

hhhmmmm well in that case worthy in my opinion has made a mistake unless he is just tryin to get more money for leon.

[quote user="sket"]hhhmmmm well in that case worthy in my opinion has made a mistake unless he is just tryin to get more money for leon.[/quote]Errr...why?We don''t know what the bid was, might have been 50 grand or something.

[quote user="sket"]hhhmmmm well in that case worthy in my opinion has made a mistake unless he is just tryin to get more money for leon.[/quote]

he is trying to get more money............thats what he said......

[quote user="Canary Boy"]

Nigel Worthington has revealed today that he has turned down a bid from Coventry City, and then another improved bid has also been rejected.

I wonder what Nigel values Leon at? We paid around £250,000 for him plus a bit more for promotion which was achieved which eventually totalled about £400,000.

I would have thought about £750,000 would do us nicely.

[/quote]If we lose Mckensie that leaves us with very little attacking options, in fact none to be presise. We need Mckensie he is a quality striker, we should be strengthening our attack not weakening it. Can anyone name another proper striker in our team that we can rely on to play up front for us?

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Can anyone name another proper striker in our team that we can rely on to play up front for us?[/quote]Err, Thorne? Yes I know last season he was the spawn of Satan or something, but then so was Etuhu. Fact remains that he and Earnie had a pretty telepathic strike partnership going on to return the tally they did for Cardiff. I know Thorne is getting on a bit, but hes not so old we can''t get a decent season or two out of him.I''d like to see him banging in a few in the reserves to prove a point and gain what I see as his natural place alongside Earnie when we play 4-4-2.Jarvis? Last season people were bemoaning the fact that few younger players were given an extended run in the first team, I see him as well worth a go.Doesn''t mean a signing wouldn''t be nice, and I''d like Leon to stay and fight for his place.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="UEA Canary"]Can anyone name another proper striker in our team that we can rely on to play up front for us?[/quote]Err, Thorne? Yes I know last season he was the spawn of Satan or something, but then so was Etuhu. Fact remains that he and Earnie had a pretty telepathic strike partnership going on to return the tally they did for Cardiff. I know Thorne is getting on a bit, but hes not so old we can''t get a decent season or two out of him.I''d like to see him banging in a few in the reserves to prove a point and gain what I see as his natural place alongside Earnie when we play 4-4-2.Jarvis? Last season people were bemoaning the fact that few younger players were given an extended run in the first team, I see him as well worth a go.Doesn''t mean a signing wouldn''t be nice, and I''d like Leon to stay and fight for his place.[/quote]Thorne isn''t good enough and I doubt he ever will be now, and comparing him to Etutu isn''t the same as he is alot younger and I always thought he showed promise.Jarvis isn''t exactly proven, and its a big gamble when your frontline consists of only one decent player, an aging forward and whatever we can dig out of the youth team.I feel sorry for Jarvis he should have had a much better run out at the close of season, but now for me its too risky to be playing him now. If Earnie is injured and mckensie leaves we have a starting pair of Thorne and Jarvis, which may work you can never tell but in all honesty I very much doubt it. I''d love them to prove me wrong though

The reason this has been made general knowledge, in the same way as the green transfer is to generate additional funds.

It is also common knowledge that Coventry have a fair bit of money to spend after the sale of McSheffrey. They would, as our club would and most other people linked to our club would, know that we are in a good position here. We have a player we don''t need to sell but there is an interest from a club that need a striker. A club that have 4 mil to spend. We are in the driving seat here. The additional funds plus the Green money plus any left over cash surplus after the Croft deal I believe could take us to around the 2 mil mark, maybe slightly more. This could buy us a good partner for Earnie or at leat a bench player until we use 4-4-2.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="UEA Canary"]Can anyone name another proper striker in our team that we can rely on to play up front for us?
[/quote]

Err, Thorne? Yes I know last season he was the spawn of Satan or something, but then so was Etuhu. Fact remains that he and Earnie had a pretty telepathic strike partnership going on to return the tally they did for Cardiff. I know Thorne is getting on a bit, but hes not so old we can''t get a decent season or two out of him.
I''d like to see him banging in a few in the reserves to prove a point and gain what I see as his natural place alongside Earnie when we play 4-4-2.
Jarvis? Last season people were bemoaning the fact that few younger players were given an extended run in the first team, I see him as well worth a go.

Doesn''t mean a signing wouldn''t be nice, and I''d like Leon to stay and fight for his place.
[/quote]

The only trouble is

Herb, Thorne is injured................  again!.

I believe that Norwich want alot more than people expect for mckenzie, potentially the best part of 1 million.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

I believe that Norwich want alot more than people expect for mckenzie, potentially the best part of 1 million.

[/quote]

I''d take £500k and run!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="UEA Canary"]Can anyone name another proper striker in our team that we can rely on to play up front for us?
[/quote]

Err, Thorne? Yes I know last season he was the spawn of Satan or something, but then so was Etuhu. Fact remains that he and Earnie had a pretty telepathic strike partnership going on to return the tally they did for Cardiff. I know Thorne is getting on a bit, but hes not so old we can''t get a decent season or two out of him.
I''d like to see him banging in a few in the reserves to prove a point and gain what I see as his natural place alongside Earnie when we play 4-4-2.
Jarvis? Last season people were bemoaning the fact that few younger players were given an extended run in the first team, I see him as well worth a go.

Doesn''t mean a signing wouldn''t be nice, and I''d like Leon to stay and fight for his place.
[/quote]

LOL, what a contradiction.

You were against signing Sutton for the very reasons you think its OK to keep Thorne.

You kept mentioning that Sutton did not score many last year (ala Thorne)

You didnt want to hear what Sutton had done in the past (yet bring up Thornes stint at Cardiff)

You kept mentioning that Sutton was too old. (yet its OK to kepp Thorne for 2 more seasons)

Hucks was right

"“The fans aren''t stupid. If they don''t like the football they are watching they will make their views known. If you try and play attractive football then they will get behind you "

Whilst leon has done ok for us and always puts in lots of effort, I have never been convinced that he has the ability to score lots of goals or lots of assists. he is also prone to injury because his game is always at 100% flat out. Whilst this is good to see he does not possess the necessary skill level to be able stamp his authority on a game. He is a championship player at best and if we want to progress we need to offload some of our strikers and strenghthen other areas. I believe Mcviegh is ideal cover for earnshaw as he is an excellent striker who has always played well when up front.  Definitely sell for £750,000.

Also means Jarvis may get an opportunity

[quote user="USAcanary"]

LOL, what a contradiction.

You were against signing Sutton for the very reasons you think its OK to keep Thorne.

You kept mentioning that Sutton did not score many last year (ala Thorne)

You didnt want to hear what Sutton had done in the past (yet bring up Thornes stint at Cardiff)

You kept mentioning that Sutton was too old. (yet its OK to kepp Thorne for 2 more seasons)

[/quote]We''ve already got Thorne, for better or worse. Would we have signed him had he been 4 years older and with a long history of injury problems?

I like Leon and think we should keep him..he has never given less than 100% and weras his heart on his sleeve...but having said that if the right offer comes in and Worthy thinks he can then spend the cash on someone who would better fit our current formation, then so be it!

I don''t care who is playing as long as we are winning!

"If you try and play attractive football then they will get behind you "

So don''t you pack in your griping, and get behind a team trying to play attractive football.

Also, you appear to be missing the fact that Sutton will cost us a good 10k a week basic, PLUS a signing fee and Thorne is ................... already here.

[quote]LOL, what a contradiction.

You were against signing Sutton for the very reasons you think its OK to keep Thorne.[/quote]

LOL ROFL FFS !

You want to sign an ageing target man with an attitude problem when we already have an ageing target man.  Admittedly he doesn''t have an attitude problem, and he''s a lot cheaper in wages, but hey...

[quote user="Mook"]

"If you try and play attractive football then they will get behind you "

So don''t you pack in your griping, and get behind a team trying to play attractive football.

Also, you appear to be missing the fact that Sutton will cost us a good 10k a week basic, PLUS a signing fee and Thorne is ................... already here.

[/quote]

I love it when the KTF pull out figures out of thin air.

Please show me where Sutton has demanded 10k per week to play for Norwich?

According to the club there has been no negotiations.

Sorry that I caught Herb praising Thorne for the very reasons he doesnt want Sutton signed.

Thorne is "already here" (and currently injured)

Same old faces, same old stuff.

[quote]I love it when the KTF pull out figures out of thin air[/quote]

As has been discussed many times in many threads, there is no KTF.  It''s a term of abuse used by people with regime change as their main agenda.  People who have this agenda are dwindling in numbers, and soon there will be no acronyms and no feuds, only fans of this fine club with differing opinions, which is how it should be.  Are you stateside ?  Because the satellite delay is beginning to show.

[quote]Please show me where Sutton has demanded 10k per week to play for Norwich?[/quote]

Please show me where Sutton has said he would be happy on a pay-to-play contract.  If there have been no negotiations, then no terms have been set, so you can''t claim he would be happy on pay-to-play.  Has anyone asked Sutton what he would be happy with ?  Or is it just easier to pluck random figures out of thin air ?  Easier to knock up an essay based on these random numbers coupled with a "too much Wensleydale last night" story about Sutton scoring for the binners against us ?  Thought so.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]I love it when the KTF pull out figures out of thin air[/quote]

As has been discussed many times in many threads, there is no KTF.  It''s a term of abuse used by people with regime change as their main agenda.  People who have this agenda are dwindling in numbers, and soon there will be no acronyms and no feuds, only fans of this fine club with differing opinions, which is how it should be.  Are you stateside ?  Because the satellite delay is beginning to show.

[quote]Please show me where Sutton has demanded 10k per week to play for Norwich?[/quote]

Please show me where Sutton has said he would be happy on a pay-to-play contract.  If there have been no negotiations, then no terms have been set, so you can''t claim he would be happy on pay-to-play.  Has anyone asked Sutton what he would be happy with ?  Or is it just easier to pluck random figures out of thin air ?  Easier to knock up an essay based on these random numbers coupled with a "too much Wensleydale last night" story about Sutton scoring for the binners against us ?  Thought so.

[/quote]

I guess when you cant answer the question you either throw insults or throw back another question to deflect it.

Sorry I called out the same few people who make up stuff/numbers and post them as facts.

Next.

[quote]I guess when you cant answer the question you either throw insults or throw back another question to deflect it.[/quote]

With regards to the Chris Sutton question :

We are now most of the way through August, he still doesn''t have a club to play for.  Birmingham, Ipswich, Aston Villa, all linked, no takers.

Simple enough for you ?

Next.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

Sorry that I caught Herb praising Thorne for the very reasons he doesnt want Sutton signed.

Thorne is "already here" (and currently injured)

Same old faces, same old stuff.

[/quote]You didn''t "catch" me doing anything my old septic canary, I simply said Thorne had a good partnership with Earnie at Cardiff.Can you tell me when Sutton played up front with Earnie, cos I must have missed that?I also said theres no reason why he shouldn''t provide a season or 2 of service to the club, albeit in a likely backup role.The difference between Sutton and Thorne is we''ve already got Thorne, we''re lumbered with him if you like. We haven''t got Sutton, and while he was different class in his prime, I think his prime is a long way behind him.Would I sign Thorne now, given his age and recent injury history? No, would I heck!Really struggling to see which part of the above you don''t understand.Highlighted the important bit for you.