Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

End this feud today!.

"''open secret''  im sure a couple of people signed it a few times, but over 99% of the signings were probably real and valid."

Even if only a few signed a few times it would have eaten well into your 99%!! Besides how can you possibly come up with such a figure? There were loads of people admitting to signing it more than once and some were doing it quite systematically.

Several times people asked about the security measures that were being taken but these posts were just completely ignored. On another time they said that they checked to make sure that there were no names like Micky Mouse. Others were on this board (and other boards) openly asking for people to vote as many times as possible. It was a campaign by a few who were blinded by their own personal dislike. There are still those that have said on this message board that they want city to lose because this will hasten Worthy''s departure and you can bet your bottom dollar that there are others just sitting there praying for the a run of poor form.

The fact is that only those people who collected the signatures knew how many multiple signatures there were, and I doubt very much that they''re about to publish signatures.

If the self-important people want find the club important again, who am I to argue ?  Well done Wiz ;)

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

"''open secret''  im sure a couple of people signed it a few times, but over 99% of the signings were probably real and valid."

Even if only a few signed a few times it would have eaten well into your 99%!! Besides how can you possibly come up with such a figure? There were loads of people admitting to signing it more than once and some were doing it quite systematically.

Several times people asked about the security measures that were being taken but these posts were just completely ignored. On another time they said that they checked to make sure that there were no names like Micky Mouse. Others were on this board (and other boards) openly asking for people to vote as many times as possible. It was a campaign by a few who were blinded by their own personal dislike. There are still those that have said on this message board that they want city to lose because this will hasten Worthy''s departure and you can bet your bottom dollar that there are others just sitting there praying for the a run of poor form.

[/quote]

most ordinary fans probably only signed it once.  As for you security measures..  come on man, even George Bush got into power by disenfranshising african american voters in florida.

I am most certainly not wishing for a poor run of results.  But a failure to finish top 6 is a disaster, and with Worthy in charge more than likely.

As far as I''m concerned I have always had strong doubts about Nigel Worthington stretching back six years, I could easily write a long list of  faults which I feel are valid ones but to be absolutley honest can''t be @rsed because they have been discussed many times brfore. An away defeat, a very good mid-week game against Preston and a good second half against Luton makes for a relatively good start but Nigel has made a plethora of mistakes over the years and I will need a lot more convincing not just by a few results but would need to actually witnessed that Nigel has learned from his wad of previous  mistakes.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]but over 99% of the signings were probably real and valid.  [/quote]and 99.5% of statistics are made up on the spot.As you proved.

Mcdonald''s, KFC''s, Fish & Chips, Kebabs, Pies & Pastries, Pizza, Chinese & Indian takeaway, Choccy bars, Crisps, Guinness, Lager and various Real ales.[B][D][pi][^][C]

"End this ''food'' today!"

"It''s makin'' my bleedin'' clothes shrink!" [:$]

Whilst I''ve been enjoying the arguements and discussions between posters on here ( most have been polilte) I''m still unclear as to what people want to do regarding the WO and KTF movements.

Personally, and for the sake of the club, I''d love to see those two terms dumped, along with the now out dated WO web site!.

I would also welcome any thoughts from the web team, but I also understand why they must seem to remain impartial.

So, what its to be chaps?, do we scrap the WO and KTF ideas, and just become plain old City supporters again?.

Or do we carry on bitching?.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Whilst I''ve been enjoying the arguements and discussions between posters on here ( most have been polilte) I''m still unclear as to what people want to do regarding the WO and KTF movements.

Personally, and for the sake of the club, I''d love to see those two terms dumped, along with the now out dated WO web site!.

I would also welcome any thoughts from the web team, but I also understand why they must seem to remain impartial.

So, what its to be chaps?, do we scrap the WO and KTF ideas, and just become plain old City supporters again?.

Or do we carry on bitching?.

[/quote]

I think as with most things in football Wiz...  Results will decide this.

[quote]Personally, and for the sake of the club, I''d love to see those two terms dumped, along with the now out dated WO web site!.[/quote]

The matter of the WO site closing was raised there, but they say they will remain open because the season is young and anything could happen.

The phrase "feather-duster of damocles" comes to my mind for some reason.

LEGEND!! A norwich fan with some sense woooooooooooooo!! Not just saying sack worthy spend money!!

Thank you for your comment I enjoyed reading, hope to see you at the game tomorrow 2-0

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Personally, and for the sake of the club, I''d love to see those two terms dumped, along with the now out dated WO web site!.[/quote]

The matter of the WO site closing was raised there, but they say they will remain open because the season is young and anything could happen.

[/quote]

This is the sad thing about a few of our "supporters." They don''t want to see us do well and are just sitting there hoping things will go wrong.

Given the comments posted on this board the term "WO" and "KTF" are dated. It would appear to me that there are extreme views at both ends of the spectrum, and the rest of us are somewhere in the middle. Football is, and always has been about opinions, that is one of the things I love about it. Now I can understand what 1st Wiz is trying to achieve, but with the best will in the world you will never get every Norwich City support to agree on every subject. So I am an advocate of healthy debate, where it goes wrong is when people get personal, try to take the moral high ground, respond for the sake of responding without contributing to the debate or get precious about their particular view. So 1st Wiz I apologise for doubting that you have really changed, I understand your sentiments and agree with them up to a point but long may the reasoned debate continue.

" KTF movement"

Therein lies the problem. There never was any such movement or grouping. It was merely a term of abuse used by those who set up themselves apart from the real supporters with their single issue attack upon the club.

There is no website, no forged petitions and no organised campaign of activity. The feud exists between the self styled Worthy Outers and NCFC, not the rest of the supporters in all of their varied opinions.

You''ve only to read the Paul Foghorn''s desperate posts in defence of this group to realise how twisted and warped their views have become towards the club.

Even when the team wins games the vitriol is still there. Supporters are accused of triumphalism and getting carried away when for the most of them there was nothing more than a sense of gratitude and relief that a glimmer of light had appeared and the season had started ok.

There was talk of a growing movement last season. A growing movement that was going to sweep away the manager, the board and many of the playing staff. It never materialised, and was never any more than the product of group of likeminded types with a dubious agenda who were able to make a fair bit of noise.

We''ll I''ve news for them. The tide is turning. Many who preferred to keep their involvement limited to supporting the club are now growing tired of the vindictive activities of this group. '' Getting off the fence'' sums up many supporter''s views with his excellent posts in this thread.

I would hate to see any backlash, but I fear it is not long in coming. Not in the nasty, hateful and spiteful manner of the WO''s but in a sense of them not being welcome no more at any part of Carrow Road.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" KTF movement" Therein lies the problem. There never was any such movement or grouping. It was merely a term of abuse used by those who set up themselves apart from the real supporters with their single issue attack upon the club. There is no website, no forged petitions and no organised campaign of activity. The feud exists between the self styled Worthy Outers and NCFC, not the rest of the supporters in all of their varied opinions. You''ve only to read the Paul Foghorn''s desperate posts in defence of this group to realise how twisted and warped their views have become towards the club. Even when the team wins games the vitriol is still there. Supporters are accused of triumphalism and getting carried away when for the most of them there was nothing more than a sense of gratitude and relief that a glimmer of light had appeared and the season had started ok. There was talk of a growing movement last season. A growing movement that was going to sweep away the manager, the board and many of the playing staff. It never materialised, and was never any more than the product of group of likeminded types with a dubious agenda who were able to make a fair bit of noise. We''ll I''ve news for them. The tide is turning. Many who preferred to keep their involvement limited to supporting the club are now growing tired of the vindictive activities of this group. '' Getting off the fence'' sums up many supporter''s views with his excellent posts in this thread. I would hate to see any backlash, but I fear it is not long in coming. Not in the nasty, hateful and spiteful manner of the WO''s but in a sense of them not being welcome no more at any part of Carrow Road.[/quote]

top 6 or the board have made a terrible mistake.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" KTF movement" Therein lies the problem. There never was any such movement or grouping. It was merely a term of abuse used by those who set up themselves apart from the real supporters with their single issue attack upon the club. There is no website, no forged petitions and no organised campaign of activity. The feud exists between the self styled Worthy Outers and NCFC, not the rest of the supporters in all of their varied opinions. You''ve only to read the Paul Foghorn''s desperate posts in defence of this group to realise how twisted and warped their views have become towards the club. Even when the team wins games the vitriol is still there. Supporters are accused of triumphalism and getting carried away when for the most of them there was nothing more than a sense of gratitude and relief that a glimmer of light had appeared and the season had started ok. There was talk of a growing movement last season. A growing movement that was going to sweep away the manager, the board and many of the playing staff. It never materialised, and was never any more than the product of group of likeminded types with a dubious agenda who were able to make a fair bit of noise. We''ll I''ve news for them. The tide is turning. Many who preferred to keep their involvement limited to supporting the club are now growing tired of the vindictive activities of this group. '' Getting off the fence'' sums up many supporter''s views with his excellent posts in this thread. I would hate to see any backlash, but I fear it is not long in coming. Not in the nasty, hateful and spiteful manner of the WO''s but in a sense of them not being welcome no more at any part of Carrow Road.[/quote]

Ralph sums up the views of the vast majority of supporters of the club. I have lurked on websites like this for years just content to read the views of others without any real desire to take part in discussions. But some of the stuff that was printed last year was unbelievable!

There never was a KTF movement - I am not a KTF either and nor are the huge majority of fans that did not take part in protests or sign petitions. We are just simply did not want to abuse players from my own team and campaign against the club like some did. Just because we didn''t want to do such things people said that we eiter didn''t care or were foolish.

I am not talking about posters in here. We were all pretty frustrated at times last year and I can understand that many blamed the manager. It is those that did all they could to spoil matcgdays with booing/ protests/ petitions etc. They spoilt the season for thousands of ordinary fans. There are loads of us who wish that the club had kicked them out for good so we can do what we pay to do - support our club.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

This is the sad thing about a few of our "supporters." They don''t want to see us do well and are just sitting there hoping things will go wrong.

[/quote]

Yes thats why we all paid out good money to renew our season tickets last Feb (for 3 years in my case)

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes thats why we all paid out good money to renew our season tickets last Feb (for 3 years in my case)

[/quote]

I would query the use of "all" there is only a few of you left. There are still fans that are worried by Worthy but you have made it absolutely plain that you cannot tolerate him under any circumstances. In onother thread you admitted that you think he should go even if we win promotion this year!

I think that you renewed the season ticket in the hope that Worthy and expectation would be gone soon (which would require bad results). Why not own up to it?

The only thing I want to say on this City Angel bashing, is that she cares deeply about our club, and unlike a few on here, is a  Carrow Road regular.

Now you can continue bashing me.[;)]

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would query the use of "all" there is only a few of you left. There are still fans that are worried by Worthy but you have made it absolutely plain that you cannot tolerate him under any circumstances. In onother thread you admitted that you think he should go even if we win promotion this year!

I think that you renewed the season ticket in the hope that Worthy and expectation would be gone soon (which would require bad results). Why not own up to it?

[/quote]

No I renewed my season ticket for the 20th year running because I love my football and I love my club, if I had only renewed it because I thought Worthy was going, then I''d have just done it for 1 year not 3 years.

I also attend our reserve games, as many away games as possible plus I bought shares so don''t think you can question my support for the club.

Ralph - It is not for you, or anybody else on this board to decide who is and is not welcome at Carrow Rd, this is a decision for the club to make. You may want to bash City Angel, but despite her views I have no doubt she is a Norwich City fan through and through. And for the record your posts are as hateful and spiteful as anything posted by the "WO" brigade, you really ought to try to rise above all of this and turn the other cheek.....

GOTF - "I think that you renewed the season ticket in the hope that Worthy and expectation would be gone soon "

You deny this, City Angel,  and point to your unswerving loyalty (incidentally, you are not alone in this!).

Let me get this clear then - you do not expect Worthy to go this season (or indeed in the next 3?). If you don''t you are justified in your assertion, if you do, you clearly renewed with this hope in mind.

" Worthless has made no mistakes in Ralph''s eye2

More invention from poor old foghorn. No proof. No quoates, merely more fabrication.

But at least an admission that those do have a strong opinion on Nigel Worthington have posted up hateful and spiteful stuff in their efforts to have him sacked.

As to who is welcome then lets at least ensue those that cheer the opposition and boo our own players are put where they belong - in the away pen.

More farbrication from Ralph, cheering the opposition, exactly how many times did it happen last season and how many times this season?. As for booing our own players of course that is not the Nowrich way is it, never happened to anybody in the past has it. You proclaim to be a true supporter of many years standing, you tell me hand on heart that Norwich fans have never ever booed one of their own, I will give you one name to start with.........Daryl Sutch

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]More farbrication from Ralph, cheering the opposition, exactly how many times did it happen last season and how many times this season?. As for booing our own players of course that is not the Nowrich way is it, never happened to anybody in the past has it. You proclaim to be a true supporter of many years standing, you tell me hand on heart that Norwich fans have never ever booed one of their own, I will give you one name to start with.........Daryl Sutch[/quote]

Sorry to disagree with you again Boadicea, but there was cheering of opposition goals last year - only once but still a lowpoint in our history.

Booing of players is unhelpful and not something that we should do, in my opinion. However, you are right to say that it has happened for a long time. I can remember city legends being bood in the past - including Iwan and Gunny when they first came. I can''t remember anything quite as persitent as Hughes last year but perhaps that is just old age!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]More farbrication from Ralph, cheering the opposition, exactly how many times did it happen last season and how many times this season?. As for booing our own players of course that is not the Nowrich way is it, never happened to anybody in the past has it. You proclaim to be a true supporter of many years standing, you tell me hand on heart that Norwich fans have never ever booed one of their own, I will give you one name to start with.........Daryl Sutch[/quote]

fabrication from Ralph??  Never.

I wonder if Mckenzie will start tomorrow? Is his head right?