Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

End this feud today!.

WE ARE ALL NORWICH SUPPORTERS........PERIOD.

Or so you would think. But no, we have to put up with this WO/KTF rubbish, and in doing so, damage our club, and get your head around this: I''ve even recieved mail moaning about me trying to unite all City fans. 

Whatever are these people motives?. I call them people, because sure as hell, theyre not fans!.

Can you imagine how ridiculous we look to away fans and the media?, no, bet you never thought about that did ya?.

I have been in one of those camps, with all its associated hate and bile (yes, the other lot are just as bad!) and for what purpose I ask?, just to score childish points of each other,and damage our club. 

Why can''t we all unite under one big yellow and green banner and maybe even ban the use of the WO and KTF words on here. The Pink Un could and should lead by example here.

Who knows?, we might even start a trend where we are just all City supporters and nothing else.

Anyone else with me in signing a pledge to that effect?.

PS. I have put this message on several City message boards as I believe its that important that we end this divesion as soon as possible.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

WE ARE ALL NORWICH SUPPORTERS........PERIOD. Or so you would think. But no, we have to put up with this WO/KTF rubbish, and in doing so, damage our club, and get your head around this: I''ve even recieved mail moaning about me trying to unite all City fans. 

Whatever are these people motives?. I call them people, because sure as hell, theyre not fans!.

Can you imagine how ridiculous we look to away fans and the media?, no, bet you never thought about that did ya?. I have been in one of those camps, with all its associated hate and bile (yes, the other lot are just as bad!) and for what purpose I ask?, just to score childish points of each other,and damage our club. Why can''t we all unite under one big yellow and green banner and maybe even ban the use of the WO and KTF words on here. The Pink Un could and should lead by example here. Who knows?, we might even start a trend where we are just all City supporters and nothing else. Anyone else with me in signing a pledge to that effect?.

PS. I have put this message on several City message boards as I believe its that important that we end this divesion as soon as possible.[/quote]Here, here Wiz, everyone is entitled to their opinion and say and shouldn''t be branded anti-club or club haters and the same goes for people be branding KTF. We''re all decent people on here and should be able to get along as such.I think we know the main cause of this trouble though, meationing no names ralph...

If you care to look back over the last few months,you will find it was mainly yourself Wiz & a very small other few from both sides that were feuding! The majority of W/O & KTF''s were on a more freindly level.

So get off your bloody high horse for a change & start looking closer to home.

Can we wait 10 games defore making any rushed decisions.....

If we lose 3 on the trot now Wiz, you will be right back in the WO camp....

fact is this new formation with Erny up front alone has yet to prove itself, until Luton Gifted us 2 goals on saturday the KTF/WO argument was about to start up again.....

Also we haven''t won away yet this season.

I think you will find most WO fans are like me and support the team, but have reservations about the manager. a couple of defeats now and what has changed since last season....

I don''t give a monkees about playing style... I want to see the results that the money spent on the playing side of this club should be acheiving with a decent manager in charge.

Yop 6 or he HAS TO BE SACKED.

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

If you care to look back over the last few

months,you will find it was mainly yourself Wiz & a very small

other few from both sides that were feuding!

[/quote]

Hear hear!

Wizard fails to see the irony of him calling for unity, thats priceless.

Still, I don''t suppose they "do" irony in darkest Lowestoft :)

[quote]Also we haven''t won away yet this season[/quote]

We''ve played 1 game away.  We outplayed them and lost.

[quote] until Luton Gifted us 2 goals on saturday the KTF/WO argument was about to start up again..... [/quote]

I hope you''re wrong on this - what happened to "giving Worthy 5 / 10 / 15 games" ? 

If all you''re doing is waiting for the first home defeat to happen, what kind of support is that ?

Surely after last season most people realise this - Worthingtons'' job is in the gift of the board.  No-one else can make that decision.

To this end you may aswell enjoy the journey, because you can complain all you like and you''ll still have the same driver.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

I hope you''re wrong on this - what happened to "giving Worthy 5 / 10 / 15 games" ? 

If all you''re doing is waiting for the first home defeat to happen, what kind of support is that ?

Surely after last season most people realise this - Worthingtons'' job is in the gift of the board.  No-one else can make that decision.

To this end you may aswell enjoy the journey, because you can complain all you like and you''ll still have the same driver.

[/quote]

Yes but this is the same board that somne members of pleaded with Brian Hamilton to not resign......  Another member of these all knowledgable individuals said "I would still want Worthington as boss if we got relegated to the conference"

Therefore I will reserve judgement on agreeing with anything this set if knowledgable individuals decides....  And if I don''t like it I will voice my concerns as is my right to do.  If we don''t finish top 6 they will have made a terrible error which could set this club back years, as many stars would have to be offloaded.  Even a top 6 finish without promotion will be bad for the club.

Yes 1 away defeat......  and if Luton hadnt gifted us 2 goals after 3 of there first teamers went off injured then we would be on 3 points having won 1 out of 3.....

ITS ONLY 3 games.

At 2 nil many in teh crowd were truely beleiving that nothing had changed since last season, we had been poor. The new signiong was diving everywhere and we were about to lose.

I will not give up my Worthy Out stance until he has proven to have sorted out results, even then I will never be proud to have him as boss.  I will however support the team as always...

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

even then I will never be proud to have him as boss.  I will however support the team as always...

[/quote]

If he gets success for the club then we should all be proud of him.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

WE ARE ALL NORWICH SUPPORTERS........PERIOD.

Or so you would think. But no, we have to put up with this WO/KTF rubbish, and in doing so, damage our club, and get your head around this: I''ve even recieved mail moaning about me trying to unite all City fans. 

Can you imagine how ridiculous we look to away fans and the media?, no, bet you never thought about that did ya?.

I have been in one of those camps, with all its associated hate and bile (yes, the other lot are just as bad!) and for what purpose I ask?, just to score childish points of each other,and damage our club. 

Why can''t we all unite under one big yellow and green banner and maybe even ban the use of the WO and KTF words on here. The Pink Un could and should lead by example here.

Who knows?, we might even start a trend where we are just all City supporters and nothing else.

Anyone else with me in signing a pledge to that effect?.

PS. I have put this message on several City message boards as I believe its that important that we end this divesion as soon as possible.[/quote]

sorry wiz but you started all this and now that we are playing good passing football and it seem things are turning round ,you want to be saint and support worthy well i can see it now if we lose 3 or 4 games on the troot then you will be moaning and slagging off worthy ,delia and all the ktfs.

and now you are blaming the pinkun get a grip

city till i die

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

If you care to look back over the last few months,you will find it was mainly yourself Wiz & a very small other few from both sides that were feuding! The majority of W/O & KTF''s were on a more freindly level.

So get off your bloody high horse for a change & start looking closer to home.

[/quote]

Thank you for highlighting my case TwoSheds. That was my whole point of my thread, letting all the old nastiness go and just do what we good at....................supporting.

But  judging by some of the replies on here, a lot of you want the feud to continue.

What are your motives for that then I wonder?.

LeaveWorthy alone so he can do the job he''s paid for.

The feuding has been one of the most entertaining parts of the last

season and summer. Granted football has seeingly returned and if it

continues will naturally unite all supporters, after all, who is still

calling for Worthy to be sacked right now apart from City Angel? Being

told to do it after a handful of games by the mayer of ficklesville,

hypocrisy county, beggars belief after the anti-board/manager foaming

at the mouth that''s gone on. Still, of course beggaring belief in other

users of this board is exactly what you want isn''t it?

this is what  you said "The Pink Un could and should lead by example here. " it seems that you are saying the pinkun should of stopped this.

city till i die

Please read my message signature again Spat, whether you think it is sincere or not, is of course up to you.

I can''t make you believe me.

[quote user="king of latvia"]

this is what  you said "The Pink Un could and should lead by example here. " it seems that you are saying the pinkun should of stopped this.

city till i die

[/quote]

Only in YOUR mid King!

Its pretty clear to me what I meant ie. a great opportunity for a great message board to help end this nonsense of  ''two tribes'' within one supporter group.

Citys on pitch performances undergo a possible water to wine transformation in a couple of months and wiz is pleased with what he sees - in those circumstances why one earth shouldnt he like what he sees? And posting on here asking people to join him (whether pro or con the manager is exactly what this forum is here for.

We have the choice to either join him or not (my personal stance is I am more hopeful but yet to be fully convinced, so still feel Nigels time is up but will support the team and post critically where I see issues) , remembering that the worst of all are recent converts (smoking, religion etc). 

Give him the credit he deserves for proclaiming his change of stance and for wearing his new found hope so proudly, from a poster who always writes what he feels from the heart.   So what if he changes back again if things take a turn for the worse?  its how Wiz feels about his club at that moment in time and in that he is entirely consistent and convincing.

Shame on those continuing a personal vendetta against him for seeing his name against a post rather than bothering to actually read what he writes and so udnerstanding where he is coming from.

[quote user="lambert gonzales"]aslong as we don''t get to the point where some fans cheer when our opponents score, that has to one of the worst things i''ve ever witnessedas a football fan[/quote]

This was the lowpoint in 39 years of coming to Carrow Road - cheering opposition goals (followed by the systematic bullying of one of our own players). Forgeting such behaviour and ending "the feud" will not be as easy as some might think, particularly when you know that some are just waiting for things to go wrong - eg the moans started again at 2-0 down to Luton.

However, you can forgive moaning but not people who systematically seek to damage the club. Personally, it will take a long time for me to forget people like Angel who were so disruptive with the petition last year and did more damage to the football club than a manager or chairman can ever do. Managers, Chairmen, Players come and go - the fans are the one constant.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Citys on pitch performances undergo a possible water to wine transformation in a couple of months and wiz is pleased with what he sees - in those circumstances why one earth shouldnt he like what he sees? And posting on here asking people to join him (whether pro or con the manager is exactly what this forum is here for.

We have the choice to either join him or not (my personal stance is I am more hopeful but yet to be fully convinced, so still feel Nigels time is up but will support the team and post critically where I see issues) , remembering that the worst of all are recent converts (smoking, religion etc). 

Give him the credit he deserves for proclaiming his change of stance and for wearing his new found hope so proudly, from a poster who always writes what he feels from the heart.   So what if he changes back again if things take a turn for the worse?  its how Wiz feels about his club at that moment in time and in that he is entirely consistent and convincing.

Shame on those continuing a personal vendetta against him for seeing his name against a post rather than bothering to actually read what he writes and so udnerstanding where he is coming from.

[/quote]

Cheers Zipper, you said it far better than I ever could. Perhaps I desreve to be attacked at times on here, and only time is ever going to convince posters of my sincerity, although one or two posters will never change I guess.

But just recently Dicky agreed with me on here!, now if we can both agree on something, there is real hope on this messageboard.

All I know for sure is at the Preston game I saw a new Worthy leading a new City and it was brilliant!, why would anyone begrudge a fellow supporter the kind of joy I had that night is quite beyond me?.

Especially as we follow the same team.

Getting away from the "well you were x and y and you did a, b, and c" for a minute, It''s good that people are starting to feel that they can enjoy coming to Carrow road again.  The majority of fans want everyone behind the team, and for them to stay there.  The best way to do this is not to forget what happened last season (you don''t learn anything if you don''t forget), but to remember why we all go to Carrow Road.

We go to Carrow Road because we enjoy the experience of being fans.

I''ve been going on and off for 26 years, and I''ve seen 4 relegations, 3 promotions, the Milk Cup win, FA Cup semi''s, UEFA cup games with Bayern Munich and Inter, and in all that time, I''ve probably seen us lose more often than win, but I''ve never stopped enjoying being a fan. 

If people are big enough to accept that things are getting better under Worthington, then it''s a positive sign.  Let''s build on this positive start and become united as fans again.

"If people are big enough to accept that things are getting better under Worthington, then it''s a positive sign.  Let''s build on this positive start and become united as fans again."

I basically agree with you Blah but there has to be limits to anybody''s forgiveness and some of the petition organisers stepped over the mark. People like City Angel who said that you only cared about the club if you signed the petition etc. They then went on to allow multi-voting and anything else to try to get the numbers up. When people set themselves up against the club in such a way, I find it very hard to avoid the conclusion that the club would be better off without them.

Heated debate is one thing but conscious attempts to damage the club through misrepresentation is another. I have no problem with the posters in here but feel we whould have special contempt for the petition organisers who tried to damage the club just to serve their own agenda. They went beyond debate... that is the difference.

[quote]When people set themselves up against the club in such a way, I find it very hard to avoid the conclusion that the club would be better off without them. [/quote]

I agree, direct action against the club is counter-productive in many ways.  But the club isn''t going to refuse to sell these people tickets, and they aren''t going to stop using the forums, so we may aswell all try to get along.  Maintaining a conscious division between fans will more than likely lead to last seasons situation developing again.

When people form groups within groups, they set their own agendas and targets, don''t see the impact of what they are doing outside of their own group and get carried away with the group within, but people also learn from experience.  The experience of last season has led to a stronger team, it should also lead to a stronger and more united set of fans.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

Heated debate is one thing but conscious attempts to damage the club through misrepresentation is another. I have no problem with the posters in here but feel we whould have special contempt for the petition organisers who tried to damage the club just to serve their own agenda. They went beyond debate... that is the difference.

[/quote]

If we fail to make the top 6 this season, they will have been right to organise the petition, and the club wrong not to listen. (personally I think they were right to organise the petition anyway, the mismanager was making mistake after mistake..)

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

If we fail to make the top 6 this season, they will have been right to organise the petition, and the club wrong not to listen. (personally I think they were right to organise the petition anyway, the mismanager was making mistake after mistake..)

[/quote]

If their case was so good and they were such virtuous people, why did they try to fiddle the vote? It was an open secret that there was loads of multiple voting and they did nothing to stop it. They were just a bunch of self-important people trying to attract attention to themselves and didn''t give two hoots if they damaged the club in the process.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]If their case was so good and they were such virtuous people, why did they try to fiddle the vote? It was an open secret that there was loads of multiple voting and they did nothing to stop it. They were just a bunch of self-important people trying to attract attention to themselves and didn''t give two hoots if they damaged the club in the process.[/quote]

''open secret''  im sure a couple of people signed it a few times, but over 99% of the signings were probably real and valid.  When was the club damaged by the way?  when Worthy spent half a million quid of its money on Andy Hughes perhaps.....