Sign in to follow this  
will c

Best end of the ground

I sit in the lower barclay, and have done for many years. I really enjoy the atmosphere, like to sing and shout and enjoy the celebrations when we score (such as yesterdays third goal!).

However, I often think to myself that I''d love to be at the River End because we score a lot more goals at that end.

Do you think I''d regret moving there? Is there any atmosphere? Are there wild celebrations when we score?

i went for years in the river end with my dad wen i was younger and all i can say is its nothing compared to the barclay. a more pressing matter wud be wich side of the barclay, next to the away fans or next to the snake pit

If you dont mind getting  funny looks when you sing, stand up  or make a comment about the referee or even open your mouth then move to the river end. My advice would be stay where you are and hope we start scoring at the barclay end. I sit in the thorpe wing of the city stand which is opposite the away fans, but would never consider a move to Carrow roads very own library.

Ok, I took the bait!

In defence of the River end, I do stand up, Sing and shout at linemen and the ref along with the guy next to me and a few others. I suppose 75% of the River end is made up from over 50''s polite ladies and children which is no problem to me. I like sitting in the River end and will continue to sit there. The atmosphere does sound great atn the other end  but on the odd occasion I have sat there for cup games etc the language and behavior of some of the fans is too much for my wife who comes along to support the boys,( and she is no prude!) believe me.

At he end of the day everyone sits where they choose a  season ticket holders within reason and if not happy they move.

The river end atmosphere is pretty poor, but better than anywhere else excluding the Barclay/Snake Pit. Which is dissapointing to say the least they pay all that money and all you do is sit there? wheres the fun in that? You go to the game so you can interact and sing along, otherwise you may as well just sit at home and watch the highlights later. Personally if you like the atmosphere stay in the barclay the rest of the ground is pretty much dead after the first OTBC I think you''d regret moving seats. I personally love my new seat in the barclay, a world away from being told off for being too noisy in the infill.Barclay wins hand down, is there any competition?

Sat in block H in the South Stand this weekend. Quality view and a decent atmosphere being next to the away fans. Otherwise, sat to the right of the goal in the river for a long time and it was an excellent view and always a good atmosphere.

[quote user="will c"]

I sit in the lower barclay, and have done for many years. I really enjoy the atmosphere, like to sing and shout and enjoy the celebrations when we score (such as yesterdays third goal!).

However, I often think to myself that I''d love to be at the River End because we score a lot more goals at that end.

Do you think I''d regret moving there? Is there any atmosphere? Are there wild celebrations when we score?

[/quote]

Anybody have any ideas about why so many of our goals are scored at the river end?

im in the river end, and would love to sing and shout, but its so hard when sitting down and majority people are young or elderly. the only reason i havent moved to the barclay, is because we shoot our way in the second half, which does result in more goals.

so i''ll be going to as many away games as possible to join in with the singing!

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="will c"]

[/quote]

Anybody have any ideas about why so many of our goals are scored at the river end?

[/quote]

Well its five out of five so far this season!

I''m in the Upper Barclay - I get the best of both worlds - - it gives you an excellent view of the whole pitch (so you can actually see all the goals going in down the N&P stand!), and the excellent atmosphere of the Lower Barclay / snake pit to my right.  It''s quite noisy the majority will chip in when the Lower Barclay get singing.

It''s down to individual choice really, I would find the lower tiers slightly too level with play to read the game, but I think for the view the best place I''ve sat is in the comfy chairs in the Jarrold Stand about 3/4 way up right in the middle.  Unfortunately it''s just full of the corporate people having a freebie - probably more interested in the pre-match meal and entertainment post match than the actual match.

Anyone got any figures for goals scored at the riverend against those at the Barclay

ps cheers up an old''un to hear it called the riverend - now if we could just get back the calling it the south stand it would be a bit more like carrow road again

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]We normally attack that end in the second half, I think we score more goals in the 2nd half.  We used to be busy ''earning the right to play'' in the first half.....[/quote]

It has been so for a very long time.  I remember Duncan Forbes as captain in the early seventies explaining that there is actually a slope towards the River End.  Therefore, captains choose to kick downhill in the second half.  That plus the tiredness of the other side late in the game probably explains the goal differential.