Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

What was Robert Green's best save?

More often than not we often discuss "what was our best goal?" etc...never have i seen a topic regarding the less glamorous keepers.

So.....with greeno looking like he is gonna be a hammer soon i wanted to start a topic:

What is Greeno''s best save?

Horsfield in the millenium stadium?

david johnson on his debut?

Im going for Stoke at home in our championship yr. I think Gerry Taggart headed it from close range, he palmed it and in the same movement he managed to kick the ball away from the incoming stoke players.

All the best Greeno, thanks for the memories.

Tottenham away in our prem season. Can''t remember the name of the player but he headed it down and goalwards from 6 yards or so and Greeno miraculously tipped it round the corner Gordon Banks like. Incredible.

either the one against stoke that has already been said or against preston at home in the promotion season where either claude davis or etuhu smashed it at close range and he managed to tip it over the bar, reminded me of the save jerzy dudek made aginst shevchenko in champions league final. we won the game 3-2 and was iwans last home game.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Tottenham away in our prem season. Can''t remember the name of the player but he headed it down and goalwards from 6 yards or so and Greeno miraculously tipped it round the corner Gordon Banks like. Incredible.[/quote]

I''m pretty certain Defoe or Keane hit a volley, and Greeno got down and gathered it one handed from the bottom corner.

Definetly that spurs save. I remember watching in awe. That save against stoke was pretty good, but from what I rememeber that save was top notch.

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"]

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Tottenham away in our prem season. Can''t remember the name of the player but he headed it down and goalwards from 6 yards or so and Greeno miraculously tipped it round the corner Gordon Banks like. Incredible.[/quote]

I''m pretty certain Defoe or Keane hit a volley, and Greeno got down and gathered it one handed from the bottom corner.

[/quote]

Yes, the save in the last minute away to Spurs in the prem season is my favourite. I really believed we could stay up during that game.

No, No No - you got it all wrong.

His best save was when he made the school boy error of getting 20 nuggests and chips.

He put the nuggets on the dashboard and chips in his hand.

Upon negotiating a roundabout he forgot that when turning the chips become upside down and the dashboard relieves its contents out of the passenger window.

Somehow our Robert managed to get his chips to land back in the packet whilst diving to his left to save the nuggets from heading out the window.

In all seriousness the stoke save was the best for me, with the spurs away game the best game he''s played in a Y&G shirt.

i was at the play off final and the tottenham away game and i cant remember either of those saves!!!!

For me the best was probably the one in the Play off final from Horsfield. I''m pretty sure the one at Spurs that people are talking about was from Timothy Atouba.

As well as the two against Stoke that people have mentioned I would also add one that he made in the home match against Derby in our championship season. Their forward (was it Dichio) headed it powerfully down towards the bottom corner from only about six yards out. It was brilliant reflexes from Greeno just to get anywhere near it, but somehow he managed to keep it out too. We went on to win the game 2-1 with ten men with a last minute goal, and I remember thinking at the time that it really was going to be our season.

Thanks for the memories Greeno.

In all seriousness the stoke save was the best for me, with the spurs away game the best game he''s played in a Y&G shirt.

He always played in a grey shirt or a red and black one..

last home game of promotion season against preston or derby i think, point blank save from fuller header in the last minute from a corner - guaranteed us the win and virtually the title

The save against Preston in Iwan''s last home game.  It won us the game and virtually sealed the title.  Also, his save against Stoke.  The win that day set us on the road to promotion.

Stoke was good... but i always remember the one from Johnson on the debutor Horsfield in the millenium.. that was superhuman  

[quote user="barclay4ever"]last home game of promotion season against preston or derby i think, point blank save from fuller header in the last minute from a corner - guaranteed us the win and virtually the title[/quote]

It was Stoke !

[quote user="Misery Guts"]

He always played in a grey shirt or a red and black one..[/quote]

oh you''re so funny

Two against Portsmouth away in the 01/02 season denying Quashie and Crouch with two superhuman saves he became my hero that day, but the playoff fianl save and Tottenham and Stoke saves also stand out good luck Greeno, you are a Norwich City Legend!

I THINK HIS BEST SAVE WAS AT THE PLAYOFF FINAL.SAVING HORSFIELD FROM 6 YARDS I SAT RIGHT BEHIND THAT SAVE I THOUGHT IT WAS GOAL FOR SURE BUT SOME HOW HE MOVED HIS HAND DOWN.AND GOT A STRONG HAND TO IT

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

GREAT SERVANT TO THE CLUB

ALL THE BEST TO HIM IF HE GOES

I DONT KNOW THE LATEST

Tottenham away was awesome. I remember me and my mates (who aren''t Norwich fans) sitting round the T.V like WTF?! Horsfield was my favourite up until then.

His England debut in America also made me proud to be a Canary. Believe he pulled off a great save from a header if im not mistaken.

One I wont forget wasn''t in a Norwich shirt but was the penalty save from Martin Keown at Keown''s testimonial, ha ha! He must have been insane to do that!

On further reflection I think that Greeno''s best save for us has been forgotten by everyone - for obvious reasons. It was in THAT match at Fulham and I think we were....ahem....only 1-0 down at the time. McBride met a cross at the near post with a fierce rising shot and somehow Greeno managed to react and tip it against the bottom of the bar and it bounced out again. At the time the SKY commentators couldn''t believe he had reacted so quickly and were saying that "it could be the save that keeps Norwich in the Premiership." It still hurts to think about that match.