Sign in to follow this  
Herb

one-nil City - Dickson scores!

Get in there!He''ll prove a lot of you wrong this season if you give him half a chance.

face it herb, he''s been widely ctiticised for being AWOL for many of his games last season and this pre-season. One of his biggest criticisms is that he only plays well every so often which is why, on his day, he''s a good buy, and why Everton didnt pay £1m for him. Face it, I''d expect him to play better than last season - purely and simply becasue he couldnt be any worse.

Saying he will get better is a bit of a no-brainer really. I''m sure he will surprise a lot of fans, but he needs to be consistent not frustrating - he''s clearly got the attributes, he just needs to learn a bit about football.

still it''s a good sign, but i''m not aware of the nature of the goal - it could have smacked him on the chuff and gone in

here, here.
etuhu will prove to be a good buy and silence the critics.

[quote user="We need a Manager"]Whoopie Dickson scores against Northampton , what a star .[/quote]

cant believe some people call themselves fans, surely any player who has not played to their full potential, but scores in pre season can be nothing but good for the team, and especially the player and his confidence. no matter who he scores against!!

[quote user="nik wyer"]

[quote user="We need a Manager"]Whoopie Dickson scores against Northampton , what a star .[/quote]

cant believe some people call themselves fans, surely any player who has not played to their full potential, but scores in pre season can be nothing but good for the team, and especially the player and his confidence. no matter who he scores against!!

[/quote]

Sums up the attitude of some people on here, who pretend to be fans, but really aren''t. Hopefully this clown won''t be present at Carrow Road next season.

He had a good game actually, and deservedly was awarded Man of the Match.

Anyone who thinks he''s lazy is talking crap. He was all over the park today, covered Drury and Colin on numerous occasions and still managed to get in the box a few times, one resulting in his first goal for the club.

He''s definitely looking like the player we''d hoped we''d signed to replace Francis. He just needs to keep it going...

a tap in...

he looked lost for the rest of the game, his 1st touch remains awful and he seems intent on crippling someone.

jas :)

I really fail to see how being frustrated that such a poor player can command a place in the team makes anybody less of a fan. Etuhu has a poor first touch, terrible vision and passing and often goes missing during games. Infact he has none of  the attributes needed to be a good midfielder.

Obviously lots of people fell for the manager`s attempts to justify his signing by telling us that he was "outstanding" in some of the games towards the end of last season.

You can accuse me of not being a fan if you like - but Etuhu has everything still to prove for me. One good game in pre-season against Northampton does not convince me he is a different player to whom i saw several times last season.

It strikes me that great players are a) good and b) consistent.

Feeding as we are off the scraps from the big table, we invariably get players who are either consistent but not the best (Hughes, Fleming, Holt, and so on) or the other way around - potentially great but too inconsistent, a la Etuhu, and before him players like Rivers, and even Llewellyn and so on. On their day they could look Prem class, but it didn''t happen often enough.

He is inconsistent but, for a Club like us he is worth taking a chance on because he is an unpolished diamond.

Etuhu was outstanding in odd games for Preston, if Worthington can get him playing consistently to his potential we will have a very good player, if he cannot then we will have taken a chance and lost.

[quote user="Amarillo"]

It strikes me that great players are a) good and b) consistent.

Feeding as we are off the scraps from the big table, we invariably get players who are either consistent but not the best (Hughes, Fleming, Holt, and so on) or the other way around - potentially great but too inconsistent, a la Etuhu, and before him players like Rivers, and even Llewellyn and so on. On their day they could look Prem class, but it didn''t happen often enough.

[/quote]

Think you hit the nail on the head there mate.

Lets hope Etuhu finds his feet this year and proves to be that box to box midfielder we need.

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"]

He had a good game actually, and deservedly was awarded Man of the Match.

Anyone who thinks he''s lazy is talking crap. He was all over the park today, covered Drury and Colin on numerous occasions and still managed to get in the box a few times, one resulting in his first goal for the club.

He''s definitely looking like the player we''d hoped we''d signed to replace Francis. He just needs to keep it going...

[/quote]

I find your comment amusing.

I''m glad Dixon had a good game and hope he continues in that way but to suggest that people are wrong for thinking he is lazy, purely because he worked hard today is amazing to me.

I need to see him do this most weeks, not one week to make me feel like he''s worth keeping.

I understand that you are probably one of those posters who has predicted that he will come good. We all hope you are right. It''s a bit early though to be giving it the ''I told you so'' speech.

have some of you guys heard of the saying"if you have nothing posative to say keep your trap shut"?

i wonder what happen to all the negative stuff that the doc had to endure?,and ewan got the same early on,and any one who says its just a forum and it doesnt get to the players has his head up his bum!!

this is a new season lets hope we have a great season rather than wishing players to fail to prove how astute a judge of talent you are, take it from me your not!! its easy taking pot shots at players trying to establish themselves for if they do come through you dissapear like the negative cowards you are

come on city and prove the doubters wrong

I wonder if Worthington thought he had got Barcelona''s Eto''o, not Etuhu... Wink [;)]