Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

Faint hearts, small minds

It''s so sad how a few spiteful individuals have poisoned this board with their negativity and bile over Nigel Worthington. They seem to see it as a virtue to maintain their vendetta whether we win or lose, and one can imagine even if we''re successful next season they will continue to carp and snipe because they''re incapable of drawing a line and moving on. I think it has to do with emotional maturity.

Maybe it''s in the nature of message boards that the miserable old gits come to dominate over time. It''s a medium which allows the obsessive to peddle their obsession ad nauseam and, with a bit of luck, provoke a reaction as well. It''s also happened on the EDP message board, which I now find too depressing to visit more than once in a while.

May I suggest that those who still support Delia write and tell her so. She''s quite simply the best thing to happen to this club since Geoffrey Watling and Arthur South, but she''s clearly a sensitive person who must be beginning to wonder why she bothers.

On the Ball City.

i agree. it would be a good idea to send a letter to delia to let her know she isn''t hated, and so that she doesn''t jump ship. i will do so. others should too, if they don''t want delia to be deterred away from this club by the likes of 1st wizard.

Dear Saint Delia, thank you very much for allowing us all to attend your football club so often...you are really very beautiful and wise and also great at cooking stuff...please have some more of my money I''ll only waste it...

I would like to see worthy replaced by a more positive and honest manager.  However Delia''s position is fine - I may have issues with teh fact that her and negative nigel may be too good a friends and perhaps this freindship is getting in the  work related buisiness.  However she has been absolutely brilliant for this club apart from that.

[quote user="Cantley"]

It''s so sad how a few spiteful individuals have poisoned this board with their negativity and bile over Nigel Worthington. They seem to see it as a virtue to maintain their vendetta whether we win or lose, and one can imagine even if we''re successful next season they will continue to carp and snipe because they''re incapable of drawing a line and moving on. I think it has to do with emotional maturity.

Maybe it''s in the nature of message boards that the miserable old gits come to dominate over time. It''s a medium which allows the obsessive to peddle their obsession ad nauseam and, with a bit of luck, provoke a reaction as well. It''s also happened on the EDP message board, which I now find too depressing to visit more than once in a while.

May I suggest that those who still support Delia write and tell her so. She''s quite simply the best thing to happen to this club since Geoffrey Watling and Arthur South, but she''s clearly a sensitive person who must be beginning to wonder why she bothers.

On the Ball City.

[/quote]

Images of ''I''m not Worthy'' type hand wringing goings on from Cantly fill my mind,

Gee, this is taking ''keep the faith'' to new levels, I will jump for joy when she quits or leaves our club.

No more a majority shareholder we all said when she came along, what went wrong?.

[quote user="Cantley"]

On the Ball City.

[/quote]

Well said, I think this bizarre conspiracy theory that Delia is such good mates with Nigel that he has become unsackable is frankly laughable! How would any board react to someone saying "You can''t sack him, he''s my mate" is pretty obvious, it''s called a vote of no confidence. People are just making up their own reasons for our failings this season and to try and blame Delia for any of it is pathetic.

"Well said, I think this bizarre conspiracy theory that Delia is such good mates with Nigel that he has become unsackable is frankly laughable! How would any board react to someone saying "You can''t sack him, he''s my mate" is pretty obvious, it''s called a vote of no confidence. People are just making up their own reasons for our failings this season and to try and blame Delia for any of it is pathetic."

Exactly. The people who see all these consiracies are delusional. Some posters was referring to all the money that she had TAKEN from the club. Delia and the current board have done great things for the club and many of the criticisms of her are, frankly, infantile. It is the sort of nonsense that after years of "lurking" as a guest finally drove me to join and challenge this nonsense. please will others, who visit but don''t contribute, do the same. Then we might have some reasoned and intelligent discussion about our football club.

[quote user="huck tastic"]

Dear Saint Delia, thank you very much for allowing us all to attend your football club so often...you are really very beautiful and wise and also great at cooking stuff...please have some more of my money I''ll only waste it...[/quote]

i do''nt see how you can beleve this! she has had loads of money alredy and not spent much on players - so she will waste it not you!! + she has worthy as manager and he is useless!!

1st wizard why dont we bring chase back that would be fantastic and then reinstate hamilton or even megson ,what plant are you on take at look at what we have got,then take a look at cardiff ,brighton .i feel so proud to be a city fan ,people like you just like causing trouble moaning about this moaning about that,if delia did go or worthy got the sack and it all went wrong you would be saying why did they listen to the fans they should of been stronger, and stayed.

Well said Cantley and others supporting his viewpoint.

I said in an earlier posting that The Internet is a wonderful thing but it does invite comments on message boards some of which are given without substantiation. 

Even after a season which progressed/ended totally against what we all thought would happen, I know that I would much rather be supporting NCFC than some of these other clubs where, shall we say, members of The Board are of not the same ''quality'' as those we have at Carrow Road. Yes, some mistakes have been made - some of you will no doubt remember offence being taken at Mr Skippers remarks but as Cantley says, Delia is the best thing to happen to this club since the likes of Messrs South & Watling etc. I have always been impressed with Roger Munby as well so my sentiments extend to The Board as a whole.   

Finally, please take 5 minutes to read the article in this weekend''s Pink - Un by Rick McEwen of Capital Canaries. A good article where some sensible points are made re the current situation and in particular the events of City Fans (?) last monday against QPR. Please, lets not wish upon ourselves to be like Wolves supporters.............

OTBC    

I''m with Huck and 1st Wiz, the majority of us are bored to death with the football, the state of depression and ennui of the whole club accompanied by a manager and board with their fingers in their ears going la,la. Things need to change, get out of the tree with Worthy and Delia you pathetic sycophants and smell the coffee rather than what you smell when only your shoes are visible out of the back of Delia and Nigel. 

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

"Well said, I think this bizarre conspiracy theory that Delia is such good mates with Nigel that he has become unsackable is frankly laughable! How would any board react to someone saying "You can''t sack him, he''s my mate" is pretty obvious, it''s called a vote of no confidence. People are just making up their own reasons for our failings this season and to try and blame Delia for any of it is pathetic."

Exactly. The people who see all these consiracies are delusional. Some posters was referring to all the money that she had TAKEN from the club. Delia and the current board have done great things for the club and many of the criticisms of her are, frankly, infantile. It is the sort of nonsense that after years of "lurking" as a guest finally drove me to join and challenge this nonsense. please will others, who visit but don''t contribute, do the same. Then we might have some reasoned and intelligent discussion about our football club. [/quote]

As a Worthy Outer myself, I think that some of the more extreme ramblings of Wizard and his ilk are unhelpul to our cause to say the least.

That does not disguise the fact, however, that this has been a poor season and something should be done about it. We either have to "put up" and continue to try to dislodge Worthy at matches or "shut up" and accept what we get.

I am firmly of the opinion that the former is the course most likely to accelerate Worthington''s overdue demise.

Its a point well made , Cantley.

I''ve made the point on other posts that I''m happy to trust the board to make the correct decisions as they have done ever since they have been in charge.Lets not forget that without Delia and MWJ we wouldn''t have a team to support anyway.

Excellent post Cantley.

What we have on this board are around a dozen real whingers who will not be happy whatever happens. They have vowed to protest, chant, whatever it takes to remove Nigel Worthington. A prime example of this is ''Nigel''s tic-tacs'' who just spouts negative one-liners to anything that''s written.

I think one of the problems is that too many people live in the world of reality TV where the public get to vote on whatever the producers come up with. In some peoples minds they seem to think that this is the way we should run our football club. Fortunately for us this doesn''t happen. Could you imagine the negative people on this board running NCFC. Within a month a few of them would be protesting to get each other out[:)].

"...why dont we bring chase back that would be fantastic..."

At least Chase knew when to give a useless manager the boot! 

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]

We dont like him , we dont want him whatever his results , and we will get him out.

[/quote]

Are you for real, Nigels Tic-Tacs? These days it''s so difficult to tell who''s agent provocateur and who''s genuinely irrationally spiteful. "We don''t want him whatever his results, and we will get him out" - you could be either.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

At least Chase knew when to give a useless manager the boot! 

[/quote]

He certainly know how to get rid of Martin O''Neill. Great move.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cantley"]

On the Ball City.

[/quote]

Well said, I think this bizarre conspiracy theory that Delia is such good mates with Nigel that he has become unsackable is frankly laughable! How would any board react to someone saying "You can''t sack him, he''s my mate" is pretty obvious, it''s called a vote of no confidence. People are just making up their own reasons for our failings this season and to try and blame Delia for any of it is pathetic.

[/quote]

Delia and Nigel sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Foghorn wrote "However Delia''s position is fine"

This is not a tenable position. Delia is a decent, open and honest person, and a true City fan, qualities which inform the whole culture of the club. I like that, I trust her, and trust is hard to find anywhere these days.

She also wears her heart on her sleeve, likes a little drinkie-poo, and errs on the side of loyalty. I''ll settle for all this as well. You have to take the whole package.

But she''s clearly also a very sensitive person, and to bring such venom to bear on the Worthy debate is bound to make her more likely to feel that she doesn''t need all this grief. You may like the idea of a Serbian businessman taking over the club, but it doesn''t appeal to me.

[quote user="Cantley"]

Foghorn wrote "However Delia''s position is fine"

This is not a tenable position. Delia is a decent, open and honest person, and a true City fan, qualities which inform the whole culture of the club. I like that, I trust her, and trust is hard to find anywhere these days.

She also wears her heart on her sleeve, likes a little drinkie-poo, and errs on the side of loyalty. I''ll settle for all this as well. You have to take the whole package.

But she''s clearly also a very sensitive person, and to bring such venom to bear on the Worthy debate is bound to make her more likely to feel that she doesn''t need all this grief. You may like the idea of a Serbian businessman taking over the club, but it doesn''t appeal to me.

[/quote]

she would have kept Brian Hamilton - nuff said.....   work effic hoof hoof happy with 2 nil defeats..  unambitious norwich with an unambitious manager.

If we go 1 nil down to wolves lets see how the crowd reacts.....  unfortunatly fickle notrwich fans are gonna be doing this next season too cos it aint gonna get any better

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

she would have kept Brian Hamilton - nuff said.....   work effic hoof hoof happy with 2 nil defeats..  unambitious norwich with an unambitious manager.

If we go 1 nil down to wolves lets see how the crowd reacts.....  unfortunatly fickle notrwich fans are gonna be doing this next season too cos it aint gonna get any better

[/quote]

I bet you wear a baseball cap.

[quote user="Cantley"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wasnt in the best of moods this morning - I am no anti delia or the board type - just anti worthy (if he turns it round good on him - but he no more than a limited work rate manager, nothing more)

In a earlier posting i stated "WE NEED TO CHANGE THE RESTAURANT MANAGER BUT NOT THE CHEF" and most fans agree that Delia is Mrs Norwich City with a heart of gold .By now in any other job Worthy would have had 3 written warnings and the sack.Perhaps she has given him the best of 5. Well Cantley you can be poisoned by too much sugar aswell as not enough.Obviously you have a sweet tooth forfilled living by the beet factory.The rest of us have a sour taste in our mouth and no sweet smell of success in our nostrils from a tart season from your friend Nigel Worthington.!

[quote user="Cantley"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought you were objecting to carping and sniping Cantley - that didnt last long did it?