Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Earnshaw to Portsmouth!

There is a rumour today on Football Rumours.com that after only 6 months with Norwich, Earnshaw will return to the Prem with Portsmouth for £4million. While this site is highly unreliable and this is probably not true in any way shape or form it got me wondering what would happen if a prem club did come in for Earnshaw?? Personally I think he''d want to go pretty quickly as I think he sees himself as a premiership striker! £4million would be a quick profit but IMO not nearly as useful as a settled, fully fit Earnshaw for next season??

Any thoughts??

He''d leave like a shot, to get away from the worst fans in the world who are cheering opposition goals and booing their own players. That''s the message that these idiots are sending out.

[quote user="Old Boy"]He''d leave like a shot, to get away from the worst fans in the world who are cheering opposition goals and booing their own players. That''s the message that these idiots are sending out.[/quote]

Out of order Old Boy!.

If Earnie deserted his new club for Portsmouth after such a short spell here, that says more about Earnshaw, and Worthy, then it does about the City faithfull.

Anyway, Portsmouth, as yet, aren''t guarenteed to be in the Premier next season.

He probably wants Worthy out as much as we do, the poor bloke only gets one decent ball a game....the rest of them are smashed up in the air. HOOF HOOF HOOF!

it probably isnt true...

but iof it is then im not suprised... Earnie is only here for the money.. why would he of left WBA, to take a step down, to join Norwich???? He''s here to get fit, earn a fat pay check, and then scarper when a bigger club comes in.. Loyalty?? no.. mercenary.. yes.

jas :)

he''s a major part of our team now. he wants to stay, and im sure everyone at norwich wants him here aswell. we wouldn''t buy to sell 6 months later.

According to my calculations........If Earnie drove to Pompey in his ''Hummer''. It would require 3 refuelling stops with sufficient diversion fuel to Exeter. Due to the probability and likely event that Fratton Park (due to the stressed out chain-smokin'' - are we gonna stay up again this year supporters?" will be fogbound......Sorry......got my aviation head on after the announcement that FlyBe are to be our new sponsors....;~) [8-|]

"We wouldn''t buy to sell six months later" - You must be dreaming mate.....

You dont think if he left then Old Boy it would have anything to do with sitting on the bench away from home ? something Worthless would no doubt still be doing if McKenzie was fit . Good players dont want to play in Worthingtons negative sides, ask Dean Ashton .

[quote user="Safri15"]"We wouldn''t buy to sell six months later" - You must be dreaming mate.....[/quote]

er no. he wont go. also earnshaw left wba to get first team football and to get a chance of winning a first 11 place for wales. i doubt we are paying him more than he was getting.

Portsmouth have the best fans in the country, are almost certain to stay up & have lots of cash now... mmm Norwich or Pompey, it''s not hard to choose!!!! If they come knocking, Earnie would grab his share of the transfer & run!!

It does work - although it also helps to know why it doesn''t work, which I will put in a general FAQ (or even better, get fixed!) when time allows.If someone''s got certain punctuation in their name (namely apostrophes, colons and some other things I can''t remember right now) then it doesn''t allow you to work. Hyphens are OK.So all you need to do is edit out the troublesome punctuation from the user="someone''s something" bit.

If I were Earnshaw I''d leave too - I''m sure he really wanted to come to a Championship side and play every other game and receive dire service from our pitiful midfield put together by our mindless ''master tactition''...

Sorry Old Boy, but the fans haven''t spoken out enough. We have been ''too nice'' for too long and now enough is enough. Earnshaw wouldn''t leave because of the fans - he knows what it''s all about: Worthington. If we had a manager who recognised Earnie''s strengths and played to them, then we could ALL have something to cheer about.

So unless the board come out of their self-enduced coma, I can only dream...

Why would Portsmouth be interested? They look increasingly more likely to remain in prem, and have recently forked out their maximum transfer amount of Benjani, and already have Lua Lua and Todorov.

[quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"]

Honestly, how can you guys be swayed by Football rumours .com, it''s all a pile of poo!

There have been rumours of Hucks going to Luton, come on people that site is shocking

[/quote] That wasn''t the point of my post though. I don''t believe the rumour and know that the site isn''t reliable in any shape or form but as I said it made me question whether Earnie would jump at the chance of a move if a prem team cam calling during the transfer window and was interested by peoples opinions!

I''ll say this and make a quick retreat. But was I the only person at QPR away (Novemeberish?) who saw Ashton shouting at the crowd after we broke out into "what a load of rubbish?"

The best players have other options - always. If they are not happy, they go. Come for the money - quite possiblybut if they delver can they get it elsewhere - certainly. A lot of "top" players (a relative term for us unfortunately) want to be well-paid and loved. If they don''t get it - they move on.

God bless Huckerby. I''m nearly 50 years old and I have never seen any City player as consistently exciting (along with Darren Eadie). I am so grateful for the fact that he has stayed with us, big pay cheque or not - he would have got it elsewhere. If we want to be successful we have to give players the adulation that most want. Otherwise you end up with players that have no other options.

ps - can we have a better song for Huckerby?

[quote user="Web Team Vince"]It does work - although it also helps to know why it doesn''t work, which I will put in a general FAQ (or even better, get fixed!) when time allows.If someone''s got certain punctuation in their name (namely apostrophes, colons and some other things I can''t remember right now) then it doesn''t allow you to work. Hyphens are OK.So all you need to do is edit out the troublesome punctuation from the user="someone''s something" bit.

[/quote]

thanks! hope this quote works.

lol. i dont think i''ll bother using the quote anymore.

but anyway, i think its a good argument on whether he would leave or not. he''s the type of player who just loves to play. you can see the enthusiasm in his play and celebrations. so i dont think he''d move to a prem club if he weren''t playing regularly. otherwise he may aswell still be at wba.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

I''ll say this and make a quick retreat. But was I the only person at QPR away (Novemeberish?) who saw Ashton shouting at the crowd after we broke out into "what a load of rubbish?"

The best players have other options - always. If they are not happy, they go. Come for the money - quite possiblybut if they delver can they get it elsewhere - certainly. A lot of "top" players (a relative term for us unfortunately) want to be well-paid and loved. If they don''t get it - they move on.

God bless Huckerby. I''m nearly 50 years old and I have never seen any City player as consistently exciting (along with Darren Eadie). I am so grateful for the fact that he has stayed with us, big pay cheque or not - he would have got it elsewhere. If we want to be successful we have to give players the adulation that most want. Otherwise you end up with players that have no other options.

[/quote]

No. You''re not the only one who spotted Ashton at QPR. Ditto a similar gesture at Luton too. Some fans can fawn all they like for their lost hero but it was never reciprocated. At the end of the day they are all mercenaries - and most of us would be likewise in their situation - but Ashton, especially since relegation, didn''t want to be here and his petulance and profligacy was one of several reasons for our predicament without a doubt in my mind.

[quote user="no1canary"]lol. i dont think i''ll bother using the quote anymore. but anyway, i think its a good argument on whether he would leave or not. he''s the type of player who just loves to play. you can see the enthusiasm in his play and celebrations. so i dont think he''d move to a prem club if he weren''t playing regularly. otherwise he may aswell still be at wba.[/quote]

I think I know what your problem is  no 1  !   when you click on " quote "   do you wait for the quote to appear  in the box ? [ about  5 seconds wait on my pc ]   and when it does, do you  put the flashing curser   AFTER  the  end of the quote before  you start to type your message ? my guess is that your starting to type  your message  before the quote  has come through  !!

thats 10 [B] you owe me [D]

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

No. You''re not the only one who spotted Ashton at QPR. Ditto a similar gesture at Luton too. Some fans can fawn all they like for their lost hero but it was never reciprocated. At the end of the day they are all mercenaries - and most of us would be likewise in their situation - but Ashton, especially since relegation, didn''t want to be here and his petulance and profligacy was one of several reasons for our predicament without a doubt in my mind.

[/quote]

I''m not saying you are wrong FTFW and I too saw the gestures in question but do you really think Ashton did not want to be here and was an unsettling influence in the team?  The only reason I ask is that the club have confirmed they turned down "good money" in the summer and told Ashton about it at the time.  If he really wanted to leave and he knew there was interest, why did he not kick up a stink and force the club to sell him rather than sign a contract extension?

He certainly never felt a great affection for the club though.

[quote user="sheded"]

[quote user="no1canary"]lol. i dont think i''ll bother using the quote anymore. but anyway, i think its a good argument on whether he would leave or not. he''s the type of player who just loves to play. you can see the enthusiasm in his play and celebrations. so i dont think he''d move to a prem club if he weren''t playing regularly. otherwise he may aswell still be at wba.[/quote]

I think I know what your problem is  no 1  !   when you click on " quote "   do you wait for the quote to appear  in the box ? [ about  5 seconds wait on my pc ]   and when it does, do you  put the flashing curser   AFTER  the  end of the quote before  you start to type your message ? my guess is that your starting to type  your message  before the quote  has come through  !!

thats 10 [B] you owe me [D]

[/quote]

nope always do it after the quotation marks. there are no spaces in your name or anything, so hopefully this one comes out right! if not, it will be the last time im using this!

huckerby said not long ago that ashton had a problem being here for a few months. so i would think he wasn''t overly pleased when signing the contract. maybe him getting some of the transfer money (if i remember correctly) helped him sign?