Sign in to follow this  
yellow hammer

If you could?

So hindight is the best of things. If you were the manager back in August last year, what would have been the top three things would you have changed, given the way this season has turned out?

Yellow Hammer.

i would have signed Halford, Idiakez, John Halls, Eastwood so the team would have looked like this

Green

Halls     Shackell     Doherty     Drury

Halford   Safri    Idiakez    Huckerby

Ashton    Eastwood/Leon

they were all available for cheap

[quote user="Chris Meadows"]eddy staying, no hughes, jarret, thorne and colin[/quote]

also keeping francis, malky, mulryne, holt and svensson!

1. Keep Edworthy, and tempted Svenson into staying
  2. Beat Palace to the signing of Morrison - would have been great with ashton.
  3. Not bothered with thorne, loiis jean,  and jarret.

Operating with hindsight I would have done the following:

1)  Sold Ashton in the summer to have extra money to spend earlier in the season.
2)  Adopted a transfer policy of signing players no older than 24. 
3)  Asked Dave Williams to coach the senior side.

[quote user="AJ"]

[quote user="Chris Meadows"]eddy staying, no hughes, jarret, thorne and colin[/quote]

also keeping francis, malky, mulryne, holt and svensson!

[/quote]

francis and mckenzie fighting would have done us good

mulryne, holt and svensson were all crap anyway but i suppose they are better than hughes, thorne and jarret

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

[/quote]

Please explain how you would have beat Palace to signing of Morrison?  We bid for and spoke to him first.  However he is a London lad who chose to move back to London and the club that made his career.  How could City compete with that other than move the club to London?

I''m sorry to upset people but this thread just goes to show why the board don''t give much thought to the Worthy Out campaign.  Some of the things posted are just silly and plain nonsense.  If you put some of these points to the board you would get the following answers.

Someone would have kept Francis, how?  Would you have chained him up at Colney and let him out only on match days?  The guy wanted to leave and there is very little you can do about it.

Apparently we could have signed Idiakez cheaply.  If that''s the case then why didn''t he leave cheaply when Wolves put in two offers for him?

We should have kept Svensson.  Svensson envoked a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave for £50k.  He want back to his home country to play for his favourite club, it''s not as if we let him leave!

i would certainly have kept Eddy in preference to MLJ or JC.

Svennsson (in hindsight) was a big loss despite being prone to injury.

Anyone who thinks Mulryne was worth keeping is deluded.

I don''t think anyone could have anticipated how poor PT, DE, AH, CR and JJ were to be.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

i would certainly have kept Eddy in preference to MLJ or JC.

Svennsson (in hindsight) was a big loss despite being prone to injury.

Anyone who thinks Mulryne was worth keeping is deluded.

I don''t think anyone could have anticipated how poor PT, DE, AH, CR and JJ were to be.

[/quote]

Hey it didnt take much to find out how poor AH and DE were.  JJ looks good everywhere else he playes, CR is the ultimate journeyman. PT just looks past it at 32 going on 33.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

[/quote]

Please explain how you would have beat Palace to signing of Morrison?  We bid for and spoke to him first.  However he is a London lad who chose to move back to London and the club that made his career.  How could City compete with that other than move the club to London?

[/quote]

I don''t konw how, and am not blaming nw for it. In hindsight though, morison would have been a good signing and so signing him in the summer would have been good. I understand it would have been difficult to beat palace, you also made a point about svenson. I realise he used a clause in his contract, but if we had offered him a 2 yeardeal, rather than 1 he may have decided to stay. In sweden he felt that he had more security i suppose.

I would have kept Eddy & put Dave Williams in charge of coaching the first team again! I then would have bid for Koumas & not signed Hughes or Etuhu. This would have meant having a decent right back all season & playing football as opposed to hoofball!!!!!

Sell Green get about 3mil  with that buy earnie

buy give damo a bigger contract keep him here.

buy halford with hughes money

buy ryan taylor with etuhu and thorne money

Loan carson for liverpool and maybe Zeigler from spurs

team would be

Carson

Taylor Shacks Doc Zeigler

Halford Damo Saf Hucks

Ashton Earnie

i would also insist on people playing football on the floor.

[quote user="YGB"]

Sell Green get about 3mil  with that buy earnie

buy give damo a bigger contract keep him here.

buy halford with hughes money

buy ryan taylor with etuhu and thorne money

Loan carson for liverpool and maybe Zeigler from spurs

team would be

Carson

Taylor Shacks Doc Zeigler

Halford Damo Saf Hucks

Ashton Earnie

i would also insist on people playing football on the floor.

[/quote]

I think the question was " If you could do three things". On this thread you''re not alone in not being able to count.

Hi Pete,

Don`t u mean once Delia sees the woods, as the trees are blocking her view? sorry to be picky[:)]

oh no, the guy hasnt picked 3 things, shoot him.
foggo you are spoiling for an arguement with another norwich fan.
i quite liked your posts and thought you were wise but now i see your a bitter old man.

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]oh no, the guy hasnt picked 3 things, shoot him.foggo you are spoiling for an arguement with another norwich fan. i quite liked your posts and thought you were wise but now i see your a bitter old man.[/quote]Well the aim of the thread is to gauge how people rank the mistakes of last summer in terms of their importance. By giving a top 3, you have to think about which mistakes were the most regrettable, rather than just listing them all. So in fact anyone who puts more than 3 is contributing nothing and, like you, they need more practice with their computer machines.