Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

If You Want 3 More Tickets For Sunday.

38 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

22k season ticket holders, 2k away fans...should only leave 3k for anyone else.

If season ticket holders havent claimed their seat for this ,what exactly have you been watching us all season for if not for an occasion like this???!!?

Other commitments. I've only missed two league games, but will also be skipping this one, begrudgingly.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Indeed. Prices should be means tested. Now, with your £25,000 asset in Norwich City Fc, you could clearly subsidise a number of supporters reliant on Universal Credit. Very generous of you. Let’s say, £216 for your ticket and then 5 people dependent on UC can go for free. 👍

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe the Club could levy a fine on Shane Duffy instead or do you expect him to add value in the play-offs?

Maybe Shane could buy everyone's ticket for Sunday. That should just about wipe out his salary for his one year with us.

Edited by essex canary

11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe the Club could levy a fine on Shane Duffy instead or do you expect him to add value in the play-offs?

Maybe Shane could buy everyone's ticket for Sunday. That should just about wipe out his salary for his one year with us.

I'm sure the club will fine him as appropriate - although I believe the max is 2 weeks wages. 

And the CPS will deal with the rest too. in good time. 

Have you found another stick? Maybe Zoe should have picked him up from the pub!?

14 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The two things aren’t remotely connected. But, oh look, another suggestion that doesn’t cost you or your privileged position anything. And all the while you try and portray yourself as some crusading advocate for fairness…

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I'm sure the club will fine him as appropriate - although I believe the max is 2 weeks wages. 

And the CPS will deal with the rest too. in good time. 

Have you found another stick? Maybe Zoe should have picked him up from the pub!?

The 2 just needs a 5 in front of it.

If the Club can't recommend a good taxi service I am sure I could for a fee. Alternatively your last suggestion is quite good.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If season ticket holders havent claimed their seat for this ,what exactly have you been watching us all season for if not for an occasion like this???!!?

My son has got a grassroots tournament on Sunday morning, so can't make it back to Norfolk.  We will hopefully make it home for kick-off if they fail to get out of their group (not that I'll be supporting the opposition)!  If not I'll be watching Norwich on my phone and Hazlemere Youth U9s on the pitch.  All part of the problem of being a season ticket holder and living 3 hours from Norwich.

Edited by Matt Juler
  • Like 1

Just now, essex canary said:

The 2 just needs a 5 in front of it.

If the Club can't recommend a good taxi service I am sure I could for a fee. Alternatively your last suggestion is quite good.

But despite your point of view they cannot rewrite the rules. Thats not how it works. And remember he hasnt been found (or pleaded) guilty as yet - im not saying he isnt. 

He's an adult - as grown man, and with a well paid job (not that that is relevant), why should the club have to hold his hand?     

52 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

clubbing on Prince of Wales Road, a full English breakfast, then into ‘spoons by 8.

I suspect a couple of hundred people from a certain Yorkshire city are certainly planning on this!

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But despite your point of view they cannot rewrite the rules. Thats not how it works. And remember he hasnt been found (or pleaded) guilty as yet - im not saying he isnt. 

He's an adult - as grown man, and with a well paid job (not that that is relevant), why should the club have to hold his hand?     

Rules indeed. Maybe Football Clubs would have better reputations if they struck a different balance between their employees and the general public with the former required to behave as ambassadors for their Club and the equally absurdly paid administration staff be required to ensure they do.

1 weeks pay for every mg over the legal limit would be good. That's 67 weeks. Should reimburse those going to the Away game too.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Rules indeed. Maybe Football Clubs would have better reputations if they struck a different balance between their employees and the general public with the former required to behave as ambassadors for their Club and the equally absurdly paid administration staff be required to ensure they do.

1 weeks pay for every mg over the legal limit would be good. That's 67 weeks. Should reimburse those going to the Away game too.

You seem to a) have way too much time on your hands and b) appear to be slightly bonkers - not a great mix!

Edited by Branston Pickle

37 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You seem to a) have way too much time on your hands and b) appear to be slightly bonkers - not a great mix!

I think you've been kind Branston! 

41 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You really have no idea. 

34 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You really have no idea. 

My taxi driver is around Zoe's age and operates in that locality. She knows how a meter works.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, essex canary said:

My taxi driver is around Zoe's age and operates in that locality. She knows how a meter works.

She will press the Irritating customer button on the meter when you get in then. Its a surcharge,  in the same meter settings  as customer vomit.

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

She will press the Irritating customer button on the meter when you get in then. Its a surcharge,  in the same meter settings  as customer vomit.

I doubt it. If her other half was a mountaineer she would know how to use an altimeter too.

On 09/05/2024 at 08:25, Satriales said:

Lucky we haven't built that new stand making the capacity 35k. 

Not really, since although a number of season ticket holders decided not to go, we sold out quickly when non members, with previous purchase history, were allowed to buy. Implies to me that the demand is there!

4 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Not really, since although a number of season ticket holders decided not to go, we sold out quickly when non members, with previous purchase history, were allowed to buy. Implies to me that the demand is there!

Well there is a 64,000 dollar question. The issue is whether we can attract those regulars who aren't coming for whatever reason including price alongside the new day trippers. If we priced ourselves like West Ham the answer could be yes. Then again we don't want to price ourselves like West Ham do we?

6 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Is it an extra £25 ? Just asking lol

• Haha 1

Lol as much as you want but there is the reality on ground expansion. Given it's support for the likes of West Ham the Government ought to make contributions for provincial clubs too. The message to the likes of us though ought to be get in the Premier League, put some money aside for ground expansion, the Government to provide matching funding in return for wage bill restraint and lower charges to match going fans.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Matt Juler said:

My son has got a grassroots tournament on Sunday morning, so can't make it back to Norfolk.  We will hopefully make it home for kick-off if they fail to get out of their group (not that I'll be supporting the opposition)!  If not I'll be watching Norwich on my phone and Hazlemere Youth U9s on the pitch.  All part of the problem of being a season ticket holder and living 3 hours from Norwich.

The other part of the problem is having kids 😂

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

Is it an extra £25 ? Just asking lol

It’s 20%. Plus a surcharge for the divorced.

11 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

The other part of the problem is having kids 😂

He's also a season ticket holder, so not too bad normally. We just need to get past Leeds, living where we do, it's 20 minutes on the train to Wembley!