Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Boy

Robert Green

I think you can understand why he did it...pure frustration, and to be honest i dont blame him for doing it. It was the main highlight of the half!

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]I think it''s sometimes referred to as a "forearm jerk". One hand slapped to the upper arm, and that arm raised with a fist. See comedy picture below (if the moderators allow it!):

http://www.ooze.com/finger/assets/images/sidevanfa.jpg

[/quote]

Its a storm in a teacup...anyone can see that isn''t even Robert Green....he''s got a baseball cap!

While I don''t believe footballers should have to take continued stick from the crowd, making an offensive gesture like that isn''t acceptable. There are kids and families in the ground who don''t want to see that sort of thing! Receiving criticism is part and parcel of being a footballer. Whether that''s right or wrong you should be professional enough to rise above it and not react in an offensive way! After all if it wasn''t for the fans, Green wouldn''t have a job!

The plain fact is that Greeno  blew his credentials  last season , also blew his chances of making the move he wanted  into the prem , also blew his chances  of a world cup  place with that gesture !  Clemence  was watching , for crisakes !  he would be thinking  that here is a keeper who loses it  in the domestic arena , whats he going to be like  when thousands of evil smelling swarthy types  are throwing  coins and smoke bombs at him  ?   [6]

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="ManchesterCanary"]he''s not good enough to lace Keelans boots[/quote] That''s plainly not true![/quote]

It plainly is, mate! Keelan was light years ahead of Greeno - commanding his area - communicating with the defence - crosses - athleticism. Greeno is good but he ain''t no Keelan.

Was funny when greeno went to kick the ball out in the 2nd half.....the leicester fans were gearing up for some oooooooooohhhhhhhh you''re (not very good ) aarrrgghhhhhhhh and at the last second he didnt kick it....hes got 2 teams with that this season.........highlight of the game for me

Surely now cries of ''Greeno!'' need to be accompanied by said arm gesture, either at the opposition fans when he makes a save or to him as he runs out at the start of play. I can just picture a few thousand fans doing it together, he has written his own signature.

i saw it and i can understand his frustration. its simply not his fault. i do watch him many times when he has the ball, and he is always looking for the throw. as someone has said, the only person who would not hoof it on again (making the throw pointless) is hucks, and one person to roll out to, which is safri.

the defence are to blame for this, but i think it could be a lack of confidence. if they were playing really well, im sure they''d look for the ball. but i sometimes think they are worried if they get it, they will give it away. so they run off, taking the pressure off themselves.

A keeper myself I thought Greeno had a fantastic game if not motm performance. The amount of game winning saves he made was crazy. We have the best keeper in this division, and we get on his back. And you wonder why he gets frustrated. A player with a personality, obvious skill and potential. A credit to the club and stuck with us and earned his place. But yeah sure, get rid of him, lets get rid of hucks too yeah? Surely Earnshaw''s celebrations a little odd, get shot of him too?

[quote]

Was funny when greeno went to kick the ball out in the 2nd half.....the leicester fans were gearing up for some oooooooooohhhhhhhh you''re (not very good ) aarrrgghhhhhhhh and at the last second he didnt kick it....hes got 2 teams with that this season.........highlight of the game for me

[/quote]

haha, that was hillarious

very smart thinking, i loved it!

as for the ''gesture'' who cares?!

we won didnt we!

and its hard to tell with the big gloves, he might just have been waving....

lol

and what about the leicester fans singing "you''ll never play for england". He already has so get your facts right leicester fans!

I think he has shown he has a great personality and enjoys a bit of banter with the crowd (of both teams) - I think we should appreciate this sort of interaction, its a good laugh. Some of you have obviously had a sense of humour transplant. And before anyone harps on about "oooh its not right in front of children" etc - peerleease - if you are worried about that do you think its right for your kids to sit and listen to 5,000 people calling Warnock a c***? 

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="ManchesterCanary"]he''s not good enough to lace Keelans boots[/quote] That''s plainly not true![/quote]

With respect Alex, you gave your age as 22 so I imagine your actual experience of Kevin Keelan is limited.

Whilst the comment is admittedly OTT, Keelan was an all time great of the club and one of the best goalkeepers of his generation.  His competitors were Banks, Bonnetti, Shilton, Clemence, Parkes, West and many other quality keepers.  A bit stiffer competion for the England shirt than Robinson and James!!  Mind you, in those days there were even great Scottish goalies.

Green is a very good keeper and may become a great one.  Keelan did become great.

I saw Greenos ''gesture'' and in all honesty I can say that it did not bother me at all, infact me and my mates found it amusing in an otherwise sloppy and drab match. I took it as a kind of celebration on his part that there was actually someone there for him to roll the ball to, meaning he didnt have to resort to hoofing it up the pitch.

This isnt aimed at your post btw.

I think this situation is pathetic. We slag the players off and think it is our right to as we pay the wages, but as soon as a player makes a gesture or insults the crowd they are vilified. Greeno is a fantastic goalkeeper and as long as he keeps making good saves and playing well he can do or say whatever he wants to the crowd.