11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Do I get an award for this? Do I get a big gold shiny trophy that has "go outside" written on it?

Yes. You'll get it at half-time in the next U17 home game.

• Haha 1

Joined June 2020, averaging one post every 1 hour 42 minute ever since. Good effort tbf. 

8 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Joined June 2020, averaging one post every 1 hour 42 minute ever since. Good effort tbf. 

The miricle of phones with internet access, no matter where I go I can just whip it out of my pocket, post on here and annoy whoever I like. Wonderful huh?

40k of mine were about how terrible brexit would be. The rest I wasted on trivialities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Herman said:

40k of mine were about how terrible brexit would be. The rest I wasted on trivialities.

I think the biggest part of my contributions too were possibly Brexit related though Norwich City makes up the huge majority of my posts. It's the worst thing to have happened to the (our) country by a long way. I realise that's my opinion and for others it is nothing at all. It's been an awakening that folk seemed to be so wrapped up in our past but that they then voted to badly affect our future. I can't see any point whatsoever in being so isolated in today's world. Maybe in the 19th century when we were a superpower. But not in 2016.

So, I've posted my feelings and found that actually others happened to agree, and not only that but as strongly as I did. Then, others who chided me. It's a generational decision too that won't change in my lifetime. 

Probably I've been wasting my time completely. There are many things to actually do apart from post on the Pink Un.

Some great music and cultural threads however...they seem to being out the best in all sides of the political spectrum.

Ps. My post count works out at a little over 1 post a day over the 20 years. So not too bad.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

I think the biggest part of my contributions too were possibly Brexit related though Norwich City makes up the huge majority of my posts. It's the worst thing to have happened to the (our) country by a long way. I realise that's my opinion and for others it is nothing at all. It's been an awakening that folk seemed to be so wrapped up in our past but that they then voted to badly affect our future. I can't see any point whatsoever in being so isolated in today's world. Maybe in the 19th century when we were a superpower. But not in 2016.

So, I've posted my feelings and found that actually others happened to agree, and not only that but as strongly as I did. Then, others who chided me. It's a generational decision too that won't change in my lifetime. 

Probably I've been wasting my time completely. There are many things to actually do apart from post on the Pink Un.

Some great music and cultural threads however...they seem to being out the best in all sides of the political spectrum.

Ps. My post count works out at a little over 1 post a day over the 20 years. So not too bad.

I tend to spend too much time on here and other socials but most of the time I do quite enjoy it, talking with people I would never have likely met in the real world, sharing ideas, beliefs and cultural tips. Nowt wrong with it but I could do with putting the laptop/phone away a bit more.

I feel genuinely sad that I fell out with a few posters, good decent people, because of brexit. I'd never been that passionate about a political decision before then and my anger took over too many times. It was all a rather big shock. Ho-hum, life rolls on but I still have no forgiveness for the politicians that chose to divide communities, us, for nothing in the end.

I don't get the hump about the football as much as I used to though. I think I've mellowed in that respect.😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Herman said:

I still have no forgiveness for the politicians that chose to divide communities, us, for nothing in the end.

That's the key point right there. The whole thing just polarised the country. I know that there is a wish that folk just moved on ("you lost, get over it") which I think is a fair request all these years later. I suppose the fact that the problems continue doesn't help. It was all such a waste. And as a forgiving sort in my personal life, like you, I find it very difficult to forgive all those cheats and liars. It has given me a political will that I never knew existed so strongly. That's the best way I can describe it. And I think there is another dimension - the people who did this were not from my social class nor can they truly represent me. And I've realised later in life they never did. I see the world a lot more now in terms of vested interests. I realised they've always been there but now after Brexit it is writ large. I've lost so much of my idealism too since 2016. I used to think the world could be changed - after all isn't that what the left of centre think? Now, I know it can't and never will. The only important things we can do are locally. Right on our doorstep. That's where change and real.life happens. Voltaire, Sartre et al ...have said it all before.

Better stop. This thread is meant to be about posting and how often!

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The miricle of phones with internet access, no matter where I go I can just whip it out of my pocket, post on here and annoy whoever I like. Wonderful huh?

What did you do before June 2020?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

What did you do before June 2020?

Maybe I posted on here years before then. Maybe I quit, wanted to come back but forgot my password beacause I'm not the smartest resulting in me making a new account which also helped me gain a fresh start free from drama my old account was involved in

Maybe.

Or maybe I just made all that up. It could be one or the other. 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Right so every hour. 'chase out!' comment on every thread. I'll be top by Christmas 

• Like 1

If they took away all the threads somebody had already made a thread on you would be nowhere near 20,000

5 hours ago, The Raptor said:

CHASE OUT!!

images.jpg.d1d03c026a88fb8c7126f2af33470978.jpg

On 28/04/2024 at 21:54, sonyc said:

That's the key point right there. The whole thing just polarised the country. I know that there is a wish that folk just moved on ("you lost, get over it") which I think is a fair request all these years later. I suppose the fact that the problems continue doesn't help. It was all such a waste. And as a forgiving sort in my personal life, like you, I find it very difficult to forgive all those cheats and liars. It has given me a political will that I never knew existed so strongly. That's the best way I can describe it. And I think there is another dimension - the people who did this were not from my social class nor can they truly represent me. And I've realised later in life they never did. I see the world a lot more now in terms of vested interests. I realised they've always been there but now after Brexit it is writ large. I've lost so much of my idealism too since 2016. I used to think the world could be changed - after all isn't that what the left of centre think? Now, I know it can't and never will. The only important things we can do are locally. Right on our doorstep. That's where change and real.life happens. Voltaire, Sartre et al ...have said it all before.

Better stop. This thread is meant to be about posting and how often!

Must admit I was very sporadic poster pre-Brexit - usually preferring not to get involved in the personal often un-grounded opinions which made no odds about this player or that spats. I seem to recall getting more engaged p o o - p o oing the 'points deduction' debate as to how we 'stole Lambert from Colchester!

I note my own posts are climbing now - not sure that's a good thing or sign 😉 - but I suppose it goes with having more time to debate and actually I think this forum is very very good in general for this - mixing people with clearly very different backgrounds and experiences, even ages, but all with some common ground (OTBC) and for the most part we can agree to disagree - but perhaps learn something anyway. The world isn't black and white or even yellow and green (definitely not blue at present)!

• Like 1

I prefer to just hang around with a very old account but only post when I have something interesting to add. 😎

5 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I prefer to just hang around with a very old account but only post when I have something interesting to add. 😎

The 'silent bob' of the pinkun 

• Haha 1