Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Bradley Johnson Retires

As it says, super Bradders Derby City Johnson has called an end to his playing days. Was a good, solid, hard working player for us, one that, IMHO, we shouldn't have let go when we did.

Will never forget that absolute rocket in the Derby.

With John Ruddy having retired as well, are there many of that Lambert premier league squad left still playing over a decade later?

Chris Martin, Simeon Jackson is for AFC Sudbury at 37... any others? 

6 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Good memories but overrated for me. Couldn't trap a bag of cement. Nowhere near technically good enough.

This is so incorrect its funny.

We wouldn’t have made the playoffs in 2014/15 without his goals.

1 hour ago, chicken said:

This is so incorrect its funny.

In what way? He was technically deficient for a midfielder. Running around, kicking people and the odd screamer, fine, but control and passing was substandard of what you would expect for a central midfielder.

Posted (edited)

Was good for 3 months out of his 4 season stint here where Alex Neil moved him away from sitting in front of our defence, where he was a calamity, and closer to the oppo right back.

Utter rot for the rest of it.

Edited by non-scoring strikers

I was behind the River End goal for the 1p5wich game and it was a ferocious shot. Glad that it was on target or it would have really hurt someone! 🤣

17 hours ago, chicken said:

As it says, super Bradders Derby City Johnson has called an end to his playing days. Was a good, solid, hard working player for us, one that, IMHO, we shouldn't have let go when we did.

Will never forget that absolute rocket in the Derby.

With John Ruddy having retired as well, are there many of that Lambert premier league squad left still playing over a decade later?

Chris Martin, Simeon Jackson is for AFC Sudbury at 37... any others? 

I missed the news that John Ruddy had retired? Was being linked to Blackburn the other day, where did you hear this?

Korey Smith is another still playing. 

3 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Was good for 3 months out of his 4 season stint here where Alex Neil moved him away from sitting in front of our defence, where he was a calamity, and closer to the oppo right back.

Utter rot for the rest of it.

What a ray of sunshine you are. Exhibit 263 of the **** forum fans.

1 hour ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I missed the news that John Ruddy had retired? Was being linked to Blackburn the other day, where did you hear this?

Korey Smith is another still playing. 

Wasn't it said Blackburn were trying to get him out of retirement? Maybe I misremembered?

1 hour ago, chicken said:

Wasn't it said Blackburn were trying to get him out of retirement? Maybe I misremembered?

I think you've just got him muddled up with Declan Rudd personally, John Ruddy still plays every week for Birmingham and as far as I can see hasn't announced his retirement.

Hope he manages to stay in touch with the game and glad to have seen him play.