Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Any Plans For Saturday With Flags And Tifos ?

Posted (edited)

@Puntino are you looking for volunteers as surely something needs to be done to try an get an atmosphere to help secure the 3 points ?

I am available to assist from 11am.

Edited by TIL 1010

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

@Puntino are you looking for volunteers as surely something needs to be done to try an get an atmosphere to help secure the 3 points ?

I am available to assist from 11am.

Cardboard clappers or so I’ve heard. 

We never get those flags in 'The Blankets' but we're sorted for tomorrow. Glad's coming and she's bringing a pair of her old bloomers. She's managed to write 'On The Ball City Never Mind The Danger Come On You Yellows Always S hit On The Old Blue And White' in big letters across the backside. So we're going to surf them. I said to her that the fans all chipped in for the flags and stuff. She said any donations would be welcome. The bloomers were from Little Woolies on Magdalen Street and cost 3/6 in 1969.

Oh and she said she is pleased Kenny got POTS and to tell @shefcanary she was holding him in her prayers.🙏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Cardboard clappers or so I’ve heard. 

Still got 2 available at £20 each or 2 for £50

Bargain 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Puntino said:

I very much doubt it, but thanks for the offer @TIL 1010

That sounds rather defeatist and portrays to me anyway a can't be bothered with it anymore approach. Tell me i am wrong and if there are plans in the pipeline moving forward with playoffs on the horizon.

Maybe one for the OSG to take on. Generally I mean. 

The flags etc are there. Not sure who owns them. But let's get them out. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Maybe one for the OSG to take on. Generally I mean. 

The flags etc are there. Not sure who owns them. But let's get them out. 

It does seem a shame for them to be ‘somewhere’ but rarely used.  But I’m sadly not really in a position to help, being so distant/in transit pre-match.

DW/players always mention about the fans/atmosphere being important so it is odd the club doesn’t take a lead of some sort…and not by just boosting the sound system up to ‘11’ pre-match to deafen everyone. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

Looks like a no then as Saturday morning is upon us and to think there are a couple of supporters ' groups ' officially recognised by the club that sit around a table with them apparently to discuss matchday atmosphere and such like.

The cynic in me keeps harping back to one man and his dog comments about these ' groups '.

Hoping the drummer is there today. I still hate it but I'll live with it because it makes the atmosphere so much better. 

To get the atmosphere going beforehand couldn't they just for once turn off the awful pre match music and let the fans get on with it? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Hoping the drummer is there today. I still hate it but I'll live with it because it makes the atmosphere so much better. 

To get the atmosphere going beforehand couldn't they just for once turn off the awful pre match music and let the fans get on with it? 

In an ideal world, that would be true.  Trouble is, quite a largish proportion of people around us can't be arsed to don't get to their seats until the last possible moment pre-match.  And a few seem happier in the bar until about 10 minutes into both halves.  Exception being the Ipswich game.

I don't get it really. First time I have had a season ticket since 1985, more of a casual supporter between then and the start of this season. I know football's changed etc, and that back in the dark days of mid-winter, things looked a bit bleak and it was difficult to be very enthusiastic.  But this is meant to be exciting.  Forget about how crap we might be if promoted - that debate's for another day.  I realise the atmosphere today is unlikely to be like it was for Ipswich, I get that, but if it is the same as it was for Bristol City - even if we're struggling in the game - then there's a problem.  There was a couple near us who, on about 85 minutes into a crucial game, were discussing the various cash-flow issues in their respective businesses.

So many times, the manager and players say how the atmosphere helps.  If you're cynical about this, you'll probably say, "Well you get paid enough, just play well and entertain me".  But when they're out on the pitch, I doubt they're considering their finances.  

NB - I don't consider myself to be either a happy clapper, nor rigidly in one of the percentages a lot of posters like to quote.

NB2 - Agree about the drum - wouldn't want to be next to it, but it does at least get people going.

Edited by Scrivvy
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Looks like a no then as Saturday morning is upon us and to think there are a couple of supporters ' groups ' officially recognised by the club that sit around a table with them apparently to discuss matchday atmosphere and such like.

The cynic in me keeps harping back to one man and his dog comments about these ' groups '.

I blame NCISA

Posted (edited)
On 26/04/2024 at 10:03, TIL 1010 said:

That sounds rather defeatist and portrays to me anyway a can't be bothered with it anymore approach. Tell me i am wrong and if there are plans in the pipeline moving forward with playoffs on the horizon.

Very harsh. 

I love the flag displays, and feel super proud to see them. But equally recognise, these guys like ACN, invest a load of time to make it happen. Time that is precious with work and parenting commitments. Time that may have once been there, but now isn’t.

The answer is more,  youthful, supporter groups. Similar to City Elite. But what’s the reward for their efforts? Criticism and ridicule from fellow (80%) supporters!

Anyone looking to support the team and improve the atmosphere should be fully supported and allowed to flourish, and not be winged ant about a drum being too loud and annoying. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Very harsh. 

I love the flag displays, and feel super proud to see them. But equally recognise, these guys like ACN, invest a load of time to make it happen. Time that is precious with work and parenting commitments. Time that may have once been there, but now isn’t.

The answer is more,  youthful, supporter groups. Similar to City Elite. But what’s the reward for their efforts? Criticism and ridicule from fellow (80%) supporters!

Anyone looking to support the team and improve the atmosphere should be fully supported and allowed to flourish, and not be winged ant about a drum being too loud and annoying. 

Very harsh in what respect CCC ? Remember fans handed over £7,000 to ACN and Barclay Project for the vast majority of that to be sitting in a cupboard near the gents toilets. Flags not money that is and apart from the new tifo seen at the Ipswich game nothing at all has happened this season and i cannot recall a single game last season when they saw the light of day.

• Like 1

Poor old show. Thank the Lord for Glad and her bloomers. Barclay out done by Glad in The Blankets. What a world!