Just now, The Raptor said:

That **** spat at a child from a car. His opinion is irrelevant.

Quite, my point is still if it was a big clubs statement people like this lickspittle would be all for it. 

15 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Doesn't matter, it was against united and that's all that matters 🤣

Point being both were stonewall pens, Everscum getting away with it as usual

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

YYYYEEEEESSSSS

Edit: Oh **** right off

Edited by Ken Hairy

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

YYYYEEEEESSSSS

Edit: Oh **** right off

Joke, absolute joke. 

If that is a man u goal the checks over in seconds and it's " onside " 

If he's off it's his bloody toenail that's off. 

Makes you sick. And THIS is why the PL is a joke league full of joke teams that can do one to their silly little European super league. 

Var? My ársé

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

Embarrassing for United that, Ten Hag should be gone immediately, I'd be embarrassed to be a United fan right now despite them "winning"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, River End Rocker said:

If ever an afternoon demonstrated the damage VAR has done to football it is today.  Just ruined the game.

Absolutely this, 100%.

Of all sports on the planet only football generates emotions like the Coventry 4th goal, a memory that would have stayed with those young supporters in attendance for their whole lifetimes. Football has paid a very heavy price and sold its soul to the alter of accurate decision making and has instead ended up with more controversy rather than less.

Quite simply if the lino thought the Coventry player was offside his flag would have gone up straight away, there would have been a few disappointed groans and that would have been that. As for the Forest game, all it’s done is raised the spectre of possible corruption.

Its a total disaster, particularly for those attending the game.

Edited by Hairy Canary
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Absolutely this, 100%.

Of all sports on the planet only football generates emotions like the Coventry 4th goal, a memory that would have stayed with those young supporters in attendance for their whole lifetimes. Football has paid a very heavy price and sold its soul to the alter accurate decision making and has instead ended up with more controversy rather than less.

Quite simply if the lino thought the Coventry player was offside his flag would have gone up straight away, there would have been a few disappointed groans and that would have been that. As for the Forest game, all it’s done is raised the spectre of possible corruption.

All of this. All of it from start to finish.

Really feel that if you don't have a problem with this, then you've lost sight of what football is. Or was.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Absolutely this, 100%.

Of all sports on the planet only football generates emotions like the Coventry 4th goal, a memory that would have stayed with those young supporters in attendance for their whole lifetimes. Football has paid a very heavy price and sold its soul to the alter accurate decision making and has instead ended up with more controversy rather than less.

...but it was offside

That the linesman didnt put his flag up shows that he wasnt good /accurate enough to spot it.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...but it was offside

That the linesman didnt put his flag up shows that he wasnt good /accurate enough to spot it.

I agree.

Which is worth more. The acceptance that occasionally human officials get things wrong or getting it clinically correct and losing the emotion of the game? It would be bad enough if it were just that but the VAR’s are still getting plenty wrong anyway. I know which I prefer.

Edited by Hairy Canary
  • Like 1

Just now, Hairy Canary said:

I agree.

Which is worth more. The acceptance that occasionally human officials get things wrong or getting it clinically correct and losing the emotion of the game? I know where I stand.

What if we were on the wrong end of an offside that wasnt given in a game like that?

It  feels an injustice because the linesman didnt spot it and didnt raise his flag, what if he had?

Dont well drilled defences who work on an offside trap all week deserve to be rewarded too?

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

What if we were on the wrong end of an offside that wasnt given in a game like that?

It  feels an injustice because the linesman didnt spot it and didnt raise his flag, what if he had?

Dont well drilled defences who work on an offside trap all week deserve to be rewarded too?

It’s about losing the emotion of the moment which in my opinion is worth all of that and more. No other sport has it and what lifts football above all the rest.

As I say if VAR’s weren’t making mistakes then there would at least be an argument to be had, but they are just as fallible and we’re having just as much controversy as before, if not more.

1 minute ago, Hairy Canary said:

It’s about losing the emotion of the moment which in my opinion is worth all of that and more. No other sport has it and what lifts football above all the rest.

As I say if VAR’s weren’t making mistakes then there would at least be an argument to be had, but they are just as fallible and we’re having just as much controversy as before, if not more.

...but there'd be no 'emotion' attached to that goal had the linesman spotted it and put his flag up

The fault lies there.

...and having not spotted it,thats where VAR comes in.

Yes, it would have been a nice 'story' but offside is offside

34 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...but there'd be no 'emotion' attached to that goal had the linesman spotted it and put his flag up

The fault lies there.

...and having not spotted it,thats where VAR comes in.

Yes, it would have been a nice 'story' but offside is offside

Ok, although the point I made was about VAR’s in general and not just offside.

I would agree with the offside point but linesmen have been told not to put their flags up and let the VAR make the check. That is where putting the accuracy of the decision above the emotion comes in. It’s just about which you value more.

• Like 2

The answer for me is that we need to (re)introduce the ‘benefit of the doubt’ favouring the attacker.  For var, lines drawn should be much wider for the defender and narrow for the attacker.  Level is onside, the toe of a boot doesnt, for me, constitute the player being clearly ahead of the defender. 

• Like 2

10 years ago, this would have been one of the greatest FA cup ties of all time.

It's ended up just being the precursor to yet another Manchester v Manchester tie. Be still, my beating heart 

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...but it was offside

The law needs to change to daylight between defender and attacker on no planet should that ever be classed as offside. The law is an ****

Edited by Ken Hairy

20 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

The answer for me is that we need to (re)introduce the ‘benefit of the doubt’ favouring the attacker.  For var, lines drawn should be much wider for the defender and narrow for the attacker.  Level is onside, the toe of a boot doesnt, for me, constitute the player being clearly ahead of the defender. 

The only sensible answer (other than getting rid of VAR entirely).

Given the limitations of the technology the lines should have greater thickness to compensate.

20 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

When it’s so borderline why not emulate the cricket DRS rule. They can draw lines all day long to justify the final VAR decision. Umpires call is great in cricket and far fairer.