Sign in to follow this  
Wimbledoncanary

End of season clearance

Thinking the following players are gone regardless of what league we are in next year:

:Gibson , Springett , Hanley , Tzolis , Idah

if we don't get promoted add

Sara and Rowe . Club will try and retain Serg and Gunn but they will be in demand too.

I have a sneaky suspicion if we can move Barnes on that might happen too if there's a club willing to take a punt - I think he would be a great signing for Wrexham in league 1 😂.

Looking at the first team squad I would say that the ones under consideration are
Barden
Batth
SVH
McCracken
Tzolis
Springett
Warner
and as a possibility Fassnacht/Barnes

I don’t think Gunn is good enough to be in demand by a PL level side - unless they are looking for a good back-up - so think he’s with us regardless. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Looking at the first team squad I would say that the ones under consideration are
Barden
Batth
SVH
McCracken
Tzolis
Springett
Warner
and as a possibility Fassnacht/Barnes

Agree with most of those. I think Fassnacht career is intertwined with Wagner tho. If Wagner is still in hot seat in August then I can see him wanting to retain.  You don't think we will release Gibbo or Gio ?

45 minutes ago, Wimbledoncanary said:

Agree with most of those. I think Fassnacht career is intertwined with Wagner tho. If Wagner is still in hot seat in August then I can see him wanting to retain.  You don't think we will release Gibbo or Gio ?

I really am not a lover of players playing out of position and these two are the only other players along with McCallum who are left footed that play in defence.If Knapper has a plan to replace them then fair enough but as things stand we need them.

Sad fact is we’ll sell anyone worth top dollars if we stay down. Not worth thinking about right now when promotion is a possibility. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Sad fact is we’ll sell anyone worth top dollars if we stay down. Not worth thinking about right now when promotion is a possibility. 

This seems to be the fear every season from some. Then we only sell 1 or 2.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

This seems to be the fear every season from some. Then we only sell 1 or 2.

But if the right offers come in we will sell, even if a player is happy here. Reeves and Johnson plus many others prove that one. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Off the top of my head apart from Murphy,Maddison and Buendia I cant think of anyone we have sold recently who has enhanced their reputation.Their bank balance maybe
Even Skipp is struggling to make the team (I know we didnt sell him but he illustrates my point).

Edited by Grumpy

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

But if the right offers come in we will sell, even if a player is happy here. Reeves and Johnson plus many others prove that one. 

I mean, that's pretty much 99% of football clubs. I'd also add that the 'right offer' for one of our players seems to rise dramatically after the first big sale of a summer.

If we don't get promoted I'd Imagine Rowe will be the one we'd find impossible to keep. I'd imagine we'd get around £10m. We'll also likely pick up a couple of okay fees for for Idah and Tzolis. Then a few big wages will be falling off (Gibson, Giannoulis, Baath) so I can't see us being desperate to sell. 

After that I'd struggle to see a club matching our valuation for players like Gunn, Sargent, Nunez or Sainz. Sara could attract a big offer but I'd think it would have to be a lot.

All that being said we also have no idea how we're going to be managed financially going forward. With Attanasio's involvement growing who's to say there won't be a bit more budget for Knapper to retain some of our assets.

18 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

I mean, that's pretty much 99% of football clubs. I'd also add that the 'right offer' for one of our players seems to rise dramatically after the first big sale of a summer.

If we don't get promoted I'd Imagine Rowe will be the one we'd find impossible to keep. I'd imagine we'd get around £10m. We'll also likely pick up a couple of okay fees for for Idah and Tzolis. Then a few big wages will be falling off (Gibson, Giannoulis, Baath) so I can't see us being desperate to sell. 

After that I'd struggle to see a club matching our valuation for players like Gunn, Sargent, Nunez or Sainz. Sara could attract a big offer but I'd think it would have to be a lot.

All that being said we also have no idea how we're going to be managed financially going forward. With Attanasio's involvement growing who's to say there won't be a bit more budget for Knapper to retain some of our assets.

£10m for Rowe would be a steal for any buying club. I’d hope for near double that with many add ons. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

£10m for Rowe would be a steal for any buying club. I’d hope for near double that with many add ons. 

Only a year left on his contract so I think he goes below value. Although I guess Max Aarons went for around 7 and he's a few years older and a fullback. Guess it'll come down to if more than 1 club are interested.

42 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Only a year left on his contract so I think he goes below value. Although I guess Max Aarons went for around 7 and he's a few years older and a fullback. Guess it'll come down to if more than 1 club are interested.

Let’s hope he shines in the remaining games and Pay-Offs. You’d guess there’s a fair few clubs already who’d like to sign him though.

50 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Not as cut and dry as that we have a +1 year option so essentially 2 years left .

5 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Not as cut and dry as that we have a +1 year option so essentially 2 years left .

Pretty sure we don't. 

4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Pretty sure we don't. 

Jon Rowe's contract situation at Norwich CityRowe is under contract at Carrow Road until the summer of 2025, with the club having the option to extend for a further year.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t think Gunn is good enough to be in demand by a PL level side - unless they are looking for a good back-up - so think he’s with us regardless. 

I think he might statistically be one of the best goalkeepers in the league - certainly top 3. If he then has a good Euro's individually too it wouldn't surprise me to see a few links.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think he might statistically be one of the best goalkeepers in the league - certainly top 3. If he then has a good Euro's individually too it wouldn't surprise me to see a few links.

He will certainly see a lot of action to show his capabilities !!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I agree with @Branston Pickle on this one. He's a very good Championship keeper but his Premier League track record is very poor and we'd obviously want a fair bit of money for him. It isn't that he isn't good, more that he's unlikely to attract the kind of bids we'd consider. 

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

It isn't that he isn't good, more that he's unlikely to attract the kind of bids we'd consider. 

That is the key to this debate, less about how good the players are are and more about whether they are starters in the EPL and therefore worth top dollar. I suspect on that metric only Sara and Sargeant meat the criteria, with Rowe perhaps needing more games.

20 hours ago, Grumpy said:

Off the top of my head apart from Murphy,Maddison and Buendia I cant think of anyone we have sold recently who has enhanced their reputation.Their bank balance maybe
Even Skipp is struggling to make the team (I know we didnt sell him but he illustrates my point).

I doubt the average neutral even remembers who Buendia is

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Grumpy said:

Skipp doesn't even get on the bench at Spurs when everyone is fit. 

If we don't go up we may well struggle to keep Rowe, Sargent, Sara, Sainz and possibly Nunez. Sainz and Nunez may attract Spanish interest. 

22 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Celtic are in the market for a keeper though with Joe Hart retiring at the end of the season.

If Leicester manage to cling on to top 2 they are in desperate need of a decent keeper too, and their gaffer made a beeline for Gunn at full time when we played them recently.

4 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Celtic are in the market for a keeper though with Joe Hart retiring at the end of the season.

If Leicester manage to cling on to top 2 they are in desperate need of a decent keeper too, and their gaffer made a beeline for Gunn at full time when we played them recently.

Leicester keeper made the team of the season, I doubt Gunn would oust him. 

10 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I'd imagine we'd be looking for £8m+ for Gunn. I just don't see Celtic spending that kind of money on a keeper.