Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

POTS closes tomorrow

Well, you have to understand how terribly difficult it would be in our technological age to have ongoing counting of votes so that the result could be announced immediately before the final game (or the voting period extended if we make the play-offs). We mustn't inconvenience our administrators, must we, merely for the sake of the fans?

• Haha 1

Are you suggesting the player of the season be decided only over the last three games?  That’s an interesting but rather daft notion.

I suppose it could go to next week, but the general idea is that the award is presented before the final home league game - is one match that big a deal? 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Are you suggesting the player of the season be decided only over the last three games?  That’s an interesting but rather daft notion.

I suppose it could go to next week, but the general idea is that the award is presented before the final home league game - is one match that big a deal? 

The point is that there is a week between the penultimate and final games of the season. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that they close the voting, say, mid-week and count the votes in the following days, or, if we have made the play-offs the voting period be extended? 

Edited by canarybubbles

7 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

The point is that there is a week between the penultimate and final games of the season. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that they close the voting, say, mid-week and count the votes in the following days, or, if we have made the play-offs the voting period be extended? 

That isn’t much of a ‘point’ though, for the sake of one game it hardly spoils the outcome.  The ‘best’ player this season will not change over one game. 

The Mayor for me too. Held the fort as best he could during the injury hit weeks we had, was versatile, passionate and never went missing even when the season and certain futures were in the balance.

As a side note, I've voted for Nathan West as the Michelle Dack Fan of the Season. Raised loads for charidee but also came out of the online trolling with lots of resilience.

• Like 1

Sounds like Kenny's going to win it, which is fair enough. Sometimes there are seasons where no one deserves to win it and other times there are half a dozen candidates who can be argued to merit it. 

I voted for Kenny too. 

I went for him last season when Sara edged it (I think Sara really benefitted from the timing, because voting closed even earlier last season and it coincided with the end of his purple patch), and it would be a toss up between the two of them again for me, but I chose Kenny because him and Sara probably deserve one each between this season and last.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Ludicrously, with three (or five, or six) games still to go, voting closes for the Barry Butler tomorrow.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/pots-award

Only one more game before they give the award, makes perfect sense to me to close it now

My vote also went to Kenny

Edited by city4eva

Well, maybe the 'ludicrously' was a bit strong.

Anyway, I voted for Gabby. I voted for Kenny last year.

If this thread is anything to go by, it will be Kenny this year, which is fine by me.

Posted (edited)

I voted for Sargent. He might not have been the best player or played the most games. But he's been by far the most important. 

Record when Sargent starts: P21 W14 D4 L3 pts 46 ppg 2.19

Record when Sargent doesn't start: P22 W7 D4 L11 pts 25 ppg 1.14 

Extrapolated over 43 games:

When Sargent starts: 94 points, 1st

Actual: 71 points, 6th

When Sargent doesn't start: 49 points, 17th

Edited by MrBunce
  • Like 2