Sign in to follow this  
yellowrider120

Why only 1500?

Wigan away was free coach travel in 2019 contributing massively to the 5000 attendance, £50 a pop for Preston yesterday so no surprise people are getting priced out of travelling. Huge respect to everyone who went up yesterday

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Please Essex.

Give.it.a.rest.

We get it, seriously we do.

Block him. He can still post if he wants but you don’t have to read it. I have and the forum is a more pleasant place. 

Edited by Nuff Said

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

You should go and support the binners, £40 away membership and 20% of tickets ‘ given ‘ to non members, or Aston Villa who charge enormous amounts, with sometimes 10,000 wanting tickets. If you are voting with your feet, best you boycott Wembley, should we get there. 

He'll be on the pitch like that vile Salt Bae characher, pretending he's friemds with everybody.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Block him. He can still post if he wants but you don’t have to read it. I have and the forum is a more pleasant place. 

Disagree Nuffo, just as playground bullies need to be stood up to, so do obnoxious whiney boys who chivvy away at everything at the Club cos they can't get their own way......and then has the cheek to call his detractors bullies.....no way does a slimeball like that get off the hook, no ferkin way.

29 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

He'll be on the pitch like that vile Salt Bae characher, pretending he's friemds with everybody.

He certainly salty......

For the OP, I guess attendance may have been slightly down because Preston isn't actually that easy to get to direct from Norwich. Also Easter school holidays have come to a close so that may have impact some. Had it been at the start of the holidays, or in the middle, then a trip away with a couple of days in a nice part of the country may have appealed to some. Also back to back up north away games challenges the old coffers for many I'd guess.

PS

Can we have a separate pinned thread for Essex to vent his whines and gripes and for his 'chasers' to reply as they see fit so I don't have to trawl through this nonsense? It's starting again and is a waste of electricity.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

For the OP, I guess attendance may have been slightly down because Preston isn't actually that easy to get to direct from Norwich. Also Easter school holidays have come to a close so that may have impact some. Had it been at the start of the holidays, or in the middle, then a trip away with a couple of days in a nice part of the country may have appealed to some. Also back to back up north away games challenges the old coffers for many I'd guess.

PS

Can we have a separate pinned thread for Essex to vent his whines and gripes and for his 'chasers' to reply as they see fit so I don't have to trawl through this nonsense? It's starting again and is a waste of electricity.

Essex And The Chasers, sounds like a band. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Essex And The Chasers, sounds like a band. 

Essex & the for lifers.........

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

When we went to Wigan in 2019, Zoe must have gritted her teeth so hard her dentist got a pay day and Ben Kensell's card was marked.

FFS  give it a rest !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canarychristopher said:

Wigan away was free coach travel in 2019 contributing massively to the 5000 attendance, £50 a pop for Preston yesterday so no surprise people are getting priced out of travelling. Huge respect to everyone who went up yesterday

Initially as well I don’t think it was a 12:30 KO, that changed if my mind serves me right not long before

11 hours ago, essex canary said:

As you state their scheme is even worse than ours. Their fans call it out. Do ours?

Most clubs are worse than ours and yes there were lots of objections and even a fans meeting, but there aren’t that many clubs that fill the away ends. My biggest gripe was allowing to many away memberships when we are in the prem, but at least with the layers in it is fairly fair

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

It was a polite question that's all. 1500 is roughly our normal average  travelling support (probably a bit more actually) yet the guy Pateman was hyping up the game as a 'mini semi final away leg'. For such a hyped up game played at a conventional kick off on a Saturday, I was expecting more to travel. 

It wasn’t, it was a post aimed at making Norwich supporters look small, compared to binners, which is not true.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

It wasn’t, it was a post aimed at making Norwich supporters look small, compared to binners, which is not true.

Nowhere in my original post did I mention Ipswich. 

Our away support has never recovered post-Hughton. Familiar faces at both Wednesday and Preston. Certainly given reasonable home crowds we don’t deliver the away support we once did.

Cambridge United's average away crowd is around 800. That means around 1 in 7 home fans attend away games. Probably typical for League 1 which goes to prove why the primacy of season tickets works best and that Away Membership schemes are cutting off the nose to spite the face.

49 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Cambridge United's average away crowd is around 800. That means around 1 in 7 home fans attend away games. Probably typical for League 1 which goes to prove why the primacy of season tickets works best and that Away Membership schemes are cutting off the nose to spite the face.

It proves nothing of the sort! You pick and choose points from different clubs to suit your agenda which then drone on about. Norwich has an away membership scheme which people can choose to buy into. It’s useful for popular games, but many others go to general sale so you don’t have to be a member. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

20 hours ago, RobJames said:

QPR, We did not 'take'................... as there are loads of canaries living in London and the surrounding counties

Not so many 'oop north' I would venture

attendance 16,322

The attendance at Wednesday would have been boosted by the Norwich Union effect. Sheffield was the Northern base for NU from the late 80's, with many Norfolk people (and Norwich fans) relocating to Sheffield as a result.  As you go over the Pennines this effect reduces greatly. If it had been on a Saturday I would expect the attendance would have been closer to 3,000.

14 hours ago, shefcanary said:

The attendance at Wednesday would have been boosted by the Norwich Union effect. Sheffield was the Northern base for NU from the late 80's, with many Norfolk people (and Norwich fans) relocating to Sheffield as a result.  As you go over the Pennines this effect reduces greatly. If it had been on a Saturday I would expect the attendance would have been closer to 3,000.

Sheffield United's scheme charges £45 for Membership including Away. Presumably though ST holders don't need to buy them as they get 2,700 loyalty points for simply buying their ST as opposed to only 100 for purchasing a Membership.

15 hours ago, Commonsense said:

It proves nothing of the sort! You pick and choose points from different clubs to suit your agenda which then drone on about. Norwich has an away membership scheme which people can choose to buy into. It’s useful for popular games, but many others go to general sale so you don’t have to be a member. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

It is a little like Brexit. The majority either ignore or don't understand the obvious evidence.

It was a bigger game for Preston than it was for us to be honest. I think 1500 for a game that far away at a ground we’ve been too loads is not bad.

on the flip side, I think our turnout at Shef Wednesday was very impressive given it was a midweek game with no ability to get back on the train. Was well over 2000 in my view. A lot paying on the gate as well which suggests the victory over the scum may have had an impact. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

It was a bigger game for Preston than it was for us to be honest. I think 1500 for a game that far away at a ground we’ve been too loads is not bad.

on the flip side, I think our turnout at Shef Wednesday was very impressive given it was a midweek game with no ability to get back on the train. Was well over 2000 in my view. A lot paying on the gate as well which suggests the victory over the scum may have had an impact. 

It was out of term time and fine weather so people paid on the day. So it is good but a different context to normal.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, essex canary said:

So what is your answer to solving the issue when demand exceeds supply if you abandon away membership schemes ?

Edited by TIL 1010

17 hours ago, essex canary said:

Last season miles covered to attend Cambridge away games 3,337 Norwich 4,555 so leave you to do the maths.

Posted (edited)
On 15/04/2024 at 10:50, TIL 1010 said:

So what is your answer to solving the issue when demand exceeds supply if you abandon away membership schemes ?

For somebody who has been critical in the extreme of the away membership i expected @essex canaryto have an opinion on a problem that looks to be looming on the horizon for our last game of the season and the play off semi final ?

Edited by TIL 1010

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

For somebody who has been critical in the extreme of the away membership i expected @essex canary to have an opinion on a problem that looks to be looming on the horizon for our last game of the season and the play off semi final ?

Yes, big allocation and seems they are selling rapidly for Blues. The funny thing is it maybe to watch our under 21’s against them if all goes well over the next couple of weeks lol

@essex canary I have put a thread up as big game Saturday against Bristol City yet 100’s of tickets left, destroying his theory that travelling from Birmingham I stop locals going.

23 hours ago, essex canary said:

It is a little like Brexit. The majority either ignore or don't understand the obvious evidence.

Then you should look at the evidence and understand you are talking total b*****.

Posted (edited)
On 14/04/2024 at 09:39, Capt. Pants said:

PS

I refer you to my earlier point 😉

Edited by Nuff Said

4 hours ago, Well b back said:

@essex canary I have put a thread up as big game Saturday against Bristol City yet 100’s of tickets left, destroying his theory that travelling from Birmingham I stop locals going.

High prices is what stops locals going and clearly gives the lie to the Club management's argument that pricing is a function of demand and supply. Pricing strategies should take account of the local economy.