cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Pilgrims*

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Brilliant match thread from Plymouth! 

You think we can hire him to make our threads? Things have not been the same since Chicken stopped making match threads..

That away performance had even more bum notes than this tasteful rendition of Take Me Home, Country Roads.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

That away performance had even more bum notes than this tasteful rendition of Take Me Home, Country Roads.

Still have no idea what was wrong with our defence that day.. Think I can sum them up too!

Didn't realise so many local inhabitants rented out their driveways. My uncle always used to boast about earning a few "bob" from doing this near the old Firs stadium.

Didn't realise it's on Canary TV, my only realistic way of contributing to club coffers. Better than illegals in any case.

22 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Didn't realise so many local inhabitants rented out their driveways. My uncle always used to boast about earning a few "bob" from doing this near the old Firs stadium.

Didn't realise it's on Canary TV, my only realistic way of contributing to club coffers. Better than illegals in any case.

Car parking IS the game but the first rule of Car Park Club is you don’t talk about car park club.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

The omens aren’t good for today. A poor offering at the Gunn Club.

IMG_1582.jpeg

Chips look like they saw the fryer this time at least

Posted (edited)

IMG_1582.jpeg

Do people actually pay over the odds for this ****e, let alone put it in their mouths?

Not one single healthy ingredient. Fried, deep-fried, all topped with a sugary white gunge.

I'm no food faddy and not exactly a nut cutlets and wheatgerm for breakfast type, but do consider what I eat, or rather not eat.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

IMG_1582.jpeg

Do people actually pay over the odds for this ****e, let alone put it in their mouths?

Not one single healthy ingredient. Fried, deep-fried, all topped with a sugary white gunge.

I'm no food faddy and not exactly a nut cutlets and wheatgerm for breakfast type, but do consider what I eat, or rather not eat.

Have you ever seen the burger van next to the club shop?  Yuk. There is a good reason we're the fattest country in Europe. 

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

IMG_1582.jpeg

In America they call that a side..

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

In America they call that a side..

They are even fatter? Sadly, an old schoolmate of mine, a science genius who emigrated to America, was killed in a road accident recently. We have occasionally kept in touch via Facebook, so his wife informed all of that via that media and included family 'photos. He was overweight by some measure, but his daughter ... wow!

Oops! This is a match thread. Apologies for the distraction.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Good strong 1st 11 but that bench isn’t exactly full of game changers, great to see some youth but looking pretty threadbare for the run in.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Good strong 1st 11 but that bench isn’t exactly full of game changers, great to see some youth but looking pretty threadbare for the run in.

And it sounds like the Sarge is being held together by blu-tak and sticky tape. We look so good at the moment, and simultaneously really fragile.

Edited by Robert N. LiM

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Always going to be the case after not strengthening in January. Very small squad now. We've only got Onel, Grant, Dimi and Rowe out. It's not really what you'd cal an injury crisis. Hopefully confidence in the youngsters coming through.

Edited by makham

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

And it sounds like the Sarge is being held together by blu-tak and sticky tape. We look so good at the moment, and simultaneously really fragile.

100%, Sarge gets injured and/or we lose one or more  of Sara/McClean/Sainz/Nunez/Gunn/Barnes and I’d be really worried.

So important the big players stay fit now.

Might as well blood youngsters now and again at this stage. Not to mention we've got the centre-halves on loan.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Might as well blood youngsters now and again at this stage. Not to mention we've got the centre-halves on loan.

Should have been given the nod to start

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Dunno, McCallum needs the run of games too.

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not sure how good he is but I dont think its the best time to throw someone in at this point 

• Like 1

That Whittaker looks decent, should we take a chance on him?

Dont look good today - we need the big person to start singing and now