TIL 1010

What Has Our Ashley Been Up To ( Allegedly ) ?

10 hours ago, Jimmy Raggatip said:

The jockey was also banned, for refusing to hand over his phone records.

As a massive racing fan, the whole thing stinks and I hope Ashley isn't part of any of it. But there's no smoke without fire

I am also a racing fan but I also know that racing is full of horses not running to their potential ( cheating)

5 minutes ago, city4eva said:

How do you know he wasn’t an official owner, the reports suggest otherwise

On the day in question,

The horse in question

Was not officially owned by Ashley Barnes.

20 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I really do not know, he has been a registered racehorse owner in the past so the assumption I have made from all of this is that he had some involvement with the horse otherwise he would not be under investigation..

Could I just confirm that you don't mean romantically, and it was more of a casual thing?

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

Could I just confirm that you don't mean romantically, and it was more of a casual thing?

Well that is the question, I wonder if the BHA are investigating his relationship with the hoss 😀..........

3 hours ago, CDMullins said:

On the day in question,

The horse in question

Was not officially owned by Ashley Barnes.

Just wondering how you know that,  as far as I know horse can be listed under one persons name as the owner but can have more than  the one owner officially, 

3 hours ago, city4eva said:

I am also a racing fan but I also know that racing is full of horses not running to their potential ( cheating)

i was told about a corker once  at Newmarket once fleeting spirit years ago 

they put it in a 6 furlong race with a up hill finish so the horse needed to be 6 1/2 ,  7 furlong horse really to keep going to the line 

it worked like magic all the 6 furlong horses slowed as they hit the hill the fleeting spirit loved it and won 

good price because it was not fancied 

Alarm bells were ringing with the irregular betting patterns doting the morning of the race. Someone or many were cleaning up on Betfair laying the horse to win and knowing it wouldn’t. 

6 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Did Ashley play just a bit part?....

That is the second joke you have made on this thread so i suggest you rein it in.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, city4eva said:

Just wondering how you know that,  as far as I know horse can be listed under one persons name as the owner but can have more than  the one owner officially, 

Ownership was in someone else's name.

Dual ownerships are fine, as long as each person is named.

Syndicates are fine as long as there is one registered syndicate manager.

Even a Company can own an horse, as long as there is registered owner.

16 hours ago, city4eva said:

horses cheat every day. Part and parcel of the game

not every 2/1 poke drifts to 11/1 and gets strangled as its coming to win the race though. Do something like that and you carry the can for it

5 hours ago, Jimmy Raggatip said:

horses cheat every day. Part and parcel of the game

not every 2/1 poke drifts to 11/1 and gets strangled as its coming to win the race though. Do something like that and you carry the can for it

I think it's the worse stopping job I've ever seen.

Posted (edited)
On 24/03/2024 at 06:17, CDMullins said:

I know next to nothing about horses but it does stand out a bit doesn't it? 

Quite what it has to do with Barnes is another matter. If he's not involved with ownership of the horse then that just leaves the unusual betting patterns 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/26853053/norwich-city-striker-ashley-barnes-warned-off-by-the-bha-for-failing-to-cooperate-with-investigators/#Echobox=1711111070

Edited by dylanisabaddog

On 24/03/2024 at 06:17, CDMullins said:

I dunno, Fallon going up the inside on Bosra Sham in 97 Eclipse takes some beating, albeit cleverer. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I dunno, Fallon going up the inside on Bosra Sham in 97 Eclipse takes some beating, albeit cleverer. 

Isn't she a dart player?

On 23/03/2024 at 15:54, TIL 1010 said:

That is the second joke you have made on this thread so i suggest you rein it in.

I feel a lot of these comments are being made 'on the hoof'!

5 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Have you seen a film called Seabiscuit about the legendary American horse? In the extras with the Dvd there is a documentary about the making of the film and in particular the race sequences. The director knew that the races were well documented and wanted to get it absolutely right. He employed several top quality jockeys and on the first day started telling them how to do it. They just laughed and told him they'd looked at the race reports and all he needed to do was film them. They went on to replicate the races to an incredible degree. The director said he never bet on a horse ever again. 

Even if you're not keen on horse racing the film is a good watch but the book it's based on, is even better. It won the prestigious Whitbread sports book of the year award. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134739214164?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=JuumZthaThC&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=6O7z3RJnTTi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1