Helsinki canary

Ben Pearson may start for Stoke Saturday

I just saw that as a result of Burger being suspended on Saturday it means Pearson could play after serving his ban for a recent red card. As it can be recalled , this guy has a long history of winding players up and dishing out and drawing rash challenges - he is the one that got Emi his straight red a few years back. He will certainly be deployed to niggle and challenge Sainz on Saturday - this is a big risk and hopefully the coaching team and fellow teams mates can keep Sainz protected and out of trouble.

• Like 2

I'd guarantee that with such players, if you chuck in a line at them like "your mother's so slow she took nine months to make a joke", they're more likely to lash out themselves. Might be able to turn that on them and get him sent off.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd guarantee that with such players, if you chuck in a line at them like "your mother's so slow she took nine months to make a joke", they're more likely to lash out themselves. Might be able to turn that on them and get him sent off.

Just get in the refs ear? 

I didn't recognise the name from the title of the thread but I remember him very well now. Hopefully the likes of Hanley and Kenny will remember too.

He's an a-hole, but the kind of player we could have done with on occasions.

Refs are finely tuned with regard to a player's reputation. The grapevine.

Part of the reason that idiot ruled against Saintz recently, imo. 

Posted (edited)

He's a toad of a man and an even uglier player. Seems to just love being a dirty cheat

Never had a good game against us and quickly resorts to lunging in whenever he can.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just get in the refs ear? 

I didn't recognise the name from the title of the thread but I remember him very well now. Hopefully the likes of Hanley and Kenny will remember too.

The combative right-back and indeed referee in me thinks "sod it, I'll deal with that myself" rather than pushing the referee around.

43 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

Step up Barnes.

Yep, like the thinking. Barnes will probably fight fire with fire. Or napalm.

Think it was Dimi he got sent off while he was playing for Bournemouth with some amateur dramatics very early on in the game.

Was actually incredibly similar to our game against Middlesborough. Start well and dominate, get an early goal and then collapse 3-1 with 10 men. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

The combative right-back and indeed referee in me thinks "sod it, I'll deal with that myself" rather than pushing the referee around.

Yep, like the thinking. Barnes will probably fight fire with fire. Or napalm.

Ashley! How dare you!! Pure football is our Ashley. 

However it's dealt with, forewarned is forearmed. I hope the club has done its research. 

2 hours ago, Bristol Canary said:

Think it was Dimi he got sent off while he was playing for Bournemouth with some amateur dramatics very early on in the game.

Was actually incredibly similar to our game against Middlesborough. Start well and dominate, get an early goal and then collapse 3-1 with 10 men. 

That was a shambolic decision. Pearson should have been sent off for that challenge. Irrelevant that he got the ball. He dived in, both feet off the ground. Could have broken Dimi's ankles. The fact it wasn't overturned was a disgrace.

And yes, I am still angry about it. Pearson is a thug. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bristol Canary said:

Thats true, I stand corrected, it was Dimi, and it certainly changed the game…..

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

And yes, I am still angry about it. Pearson is a thug

While I am angry about it, I didn't type this message out twice. Not sure why it's been repeated...

On the otherhand Pearson is bang average so if he is playing against us, it can only be a good thing imo.

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

On the otherhand Pearson is bang average so if he is playing against us, it can only be a good thing imo.

Yup. And yet some folks on here wanted us to sign him.

17 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Let's face it, if he was any good, he wouldn't be back up........ at Stoke.

While scrolling through photos I’ve attached to previous posts I noticed these from a game against Bournemouth:

E0A20325-B7F6-4397-A8C8-55172EBF6A86.thumb.jpeg.38ef71b902f5429bac4f289f38fb5833.jpeg8AB48C41-DB65-43DD-B2B8-FE6EEE69AB84.thumb.jpeg.9bb5e9e0e1ebc6af89584e86bd3662b5.jpeg658D5295-A258-400C-BAD7-8E3793DD131C.thumb.jpeg.b6c1724c323ab1139b4ea862d272ce82.jpegCB6541E5-2841-496E-B19E-A9A564AF19E7.thumb.jpeg.9ebe4f27993be5f09a080013862ae288.jpeg

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Ashley! How dare you!! Pure football is our Ashley. 

However it's dealt with, forewarned is forearmed. I hope the club has done its research. 

A little Forearm will do.