cambridgeshire canary

Worst teams you've seen play at Carrow Road?

So while I'm sure everyone can agree that Rotherham looked hopeless and already dead and buried and had we not taken the foot off the gas I do feel we probably could have scored a few more goals what other teams can you remember that came to Carrow Road that you can say were just plain awful? I would say stick to league matches as I don't think it would be fair to lump in times we have thrashed lower leauge teams in friendlies or cups but if you think they were that awful then feel free to mention them.. Think maches that always sticks in my mind as matches in which the opposition looked hopeless are the following two

In all fairness to Huddersfield, we were sensational that night. Just a shame it was behind closed doors.

• Like 1

How about ourselves - I’ve seen us look dreadful several times, few away sides have been as bad as  our “performance” in that game against Colchester. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

How about ourselves - I’ve seen us look dreadful several times, few away sides have been as bad as  our “performance” in that game against Colchester. 

To be fair that was genuinely the worst performance from any team I've ever seen at CR and I can't think of much that comes close, it was such a surreal day. They didn't even have to be particularly good to beat us and 4 or 5 of our players looked like they'd been picked out of the crowd and never played football before. It's sad to say but yeah I think we were the ones to put in the worst performance of any team that has played at CR in my memory. 

• Like 3

Not sure they were the worst but the QPR team we beat 4-0 in the first Farke title season were pretty dire. Had Emi not been sent off it would have been way worse than four.

Wasn't at the Colchester game but imagine that will take some beating. 

Agree that the Hudds 7-0 was more about our greatness than their weakness. Probably the best I've ever seen us play.

17 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

I remember Scunny being woeful.

Not sure what they expected when they employed a manager whose name was Knill.

Paul Mersons Walsall but ... he still did say on sky that was the best he had ever seen a team play as we demolished them

but proberly Norwich and Grimsby on a cold night game 0-0 with no shots on goal

Tough one.

Probably this Norwich team when they lost to Blackburn on fireworks night. Or so I read on here… 😉

12 hours ago, Paul101 said:

Paul Mersons Walsall but ... he still did say on sky that was the best he had ever seen a team play as we demolished them

Thought he played well himself, if your thinking of the player manager game

13 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Not sure they were the worst but the QPR team we beat 4-0 in the first Farke title season were pretty dire. Had Emi not been sent off it would have been way worse than four.

Wasn't at the Colchester game but imagine that will take some beating. 

Agree that the Hudds 7-0 was more about our greatness than their weakness. Probably the best I've ever seen us play.

Check out this fantastic defending from QPR just look at Emi walk straight through their defence

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Check out this fantastic defending from QPR just look at Emi walk straight through their defence

Little Emi ........  

And Argos hasnt really changed has he  ! 😊

7 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

Little Emi ........  

And Argos hasnt really changed has he  ! 😊

Even as someone who will always defend Onel..

Yeah that was not the best game he's had for us

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Haha, that's actually even worse than I remembered. If Onel had put his boots on the right feet it would have been seven even with the Emi red.

Great keeping for the Stiepi goal. Joanna Lumley would have done better

18 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So while I'm sure everyone can agree that Rotherham looked hopeless and already dead and buried and had we not taken the foot off the gas I do feel we probably could have scored a few more goals what other teams can you remember that came to Carrow Road that you can say were just plain awful? I would say stick to league matches as I don't think it would be fair to lump in times we have thrashed lower leauge teams in friendlies or cups but if you think they were that awful then feel free to mention them.. Think maches that always sticks in my mind as matches in which the opposition looked hopeless are the following two

Are we pretending you've seen ANYONE play at Carrow Road?