Canarywary

Hugill and other former players in with our fans

4 hours ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

would be nice to see Danny Mills in the away end

would be nice to see Danny Mills in the home end at Millwall, wearing a West Ham shirt & singing Bubbles

fixed it for you

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I remember being just behind Hucks at an away game once. But I suspect that was when he was still with us and injured.

Hucks was in the away end at Spurs in the covid season.

5 hours ago, Canarywary said:

Other people may also have heard on the commentary for Saturday's match, that apparently Jordan Hugill was sat in amoung our fans for the Middlesboro match. Love that! I know Maddison also did this for at least one match when he was at Leicester and we played Wolves, along with another player I think, but I forget who, maybe Ruddy? Anyone else know any other examples of former players showing this lasting allegiance to us?

Hugill was born in Middlesbrough and played on loan for them for a season from West Ham so probably explains why he was at the game.

3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

No, he lives a little way out in a cottage in the Hope Valley in the Peak District, but close enough to the main Manchester - Sheffield railway line that he can easily get to either in 20 minutes, so I bump into him when he is out in Sheffield.

I thought he lived in Paris?

Posted (edited)

Madderz was at Derby away, 1-1 draw iirc.

Hux was at Scunny away 

Edited by CDMullins

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I thought he lived in Paris?

No, he and his French partner spilt up a few years ago. He moved back to England when his son left school. He started spending more time broadcasting at BBC6 based in Manchester so got the place in the Peak District. His latest partner works a lot in London as well so I think they also have a bolthole down there.

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I remember Gunny being in with the Norwich fans when we played West Ham at Upton Park, think it was 94-95 season, he had that terrible injury around Xmas then Marshall was in goal for the rest of the season,  we was 2-0 up and chucked it away to draw 2-2.

"He's got no hair but we dont care" 🙂 

Edited by Spillay
typo

Posted (edited)

I still fondly remember Justin Fashanu coming into the Barclay terrace back in the day. He was our player at the time, but was out suspended if I remember correctly.

It was actually a very important watershed moment. Sadly there was no shortage of racist idiots amongst our support at the time, but they shut up when they realised he was on the terrace along with the rest of us.

Edited by Thirsty Lizard
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

No, he and his French partner spilt up a few years ago. He moved back to England when his son left school. He started spending more time broadcasting at BBC6 based in Manchester so got the place in the Peak District. His latest partner works a lot in London as well so I think they also have a bolthole down there.

What colour is his front door?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

What colour is his front door?

😉🤣 That's just too much information as, apart from being worse for wear when I visit, I'm colour blind so wouldn't want to commit to misleading detail!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

😉🤣 That's just too much information as, apart from being worse for wear when I visit, I'm colour blind so wouldn't want to commit to misleading detail!

But he definitely has woodchip on the wall, right?

• Haha 1