Posted (edited)

If we do reach the play offs it will be in the large part because we scored 2 very late winners against Hull. 

WBA have a favourable run in and Preston very much the hardest. I think the last place is between us and Hull. If we had a fully fit squad I would be confident. 

Looking at the other fixtures at the top I think Leeds will come 2nd and Ipswich 3rd.......

Screenshot_20240303_072442_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.0538332c52cfe44f556a96cf2cd459ff.jpgScreenshot_20240303_072231_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.88b1fe838589bd6e98a9b791f0d53267.jpgScreenshot_20240303_072215_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.f43e2171d39c0711099d11cf285d0e80.jpg

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Ipswich will bottle 2nd, finish 3rd and get drawn against us in the playoff final and lose to us thanks to a last second Rowe winner.

Written in the stars

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ipswich will bottle 2nd, finish 3rd and get drawn against us in the playoff final and lose to us thanks to a last second Rowe winner.

Written in the stars

I can't see us finishing above WBA so if we do finish 6th it will be either Farke or Ipswich in the semi final. 

• Like 1

Including the Sunderland game we had 12 left, so handy to split the remaining matches into 4 mini game series.

If we were to get 5 points from each set we'd finish on 72, 6 from each would land us on 76. I feel like it'll take more like the latter, but either way we want to be in pole position if Hull have a lull.

A good start to set 1 and I'd be hopeful of 7 points total. Set 2 is trickier with only one home game and travelling to Leicester; I'm feeling 4 points across the 3 matches. 

Set 3 probably the hardest run with Ipswich H / Preston A and a Wednesday side scrapping to stay up. 4 points would be optimistic, I'd argue for 3. And the final set of matches, well that may depend on what has come before. If we're still in the hunt by then I'd say we could take maximum points against teams with not much at stake.

75 points is my calculated prediction. I have a suspicion that injuries will take their toll, however, and we will finish closer to 70. Probably missing out on playoffs by 2-3.

Hull have very comparable fixtures but one more home game, not going to be easy.

We need to pick up a much better return away from home and/or win all 5 home games including beating Ipswich.

Think we may be looking for a favour from Ipswich in that penultimate week.

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The view from down the road. They're not exactly confident of playing us

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/577768/20-points-ahead-of-scum/#15

The Ipswich fans always seem very receptive to the whole “I hope we both go up so we can have a derby in the premier league” thing and you can see it on this thread. I’ve always thought that was weird, I don’t want that at all. All I want for them is a long period of suffering, financial collapse and their deletion as a football club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Hull have very comparable fixtures but one more home game, not going to be easy.

We need to pick up a much better return away from home and/or win all 5 home games including beating Ipswich.

Think we may be looking for a favour from Ipswich in that penultimate week.

You're right, it's the away games that are important. If someone could lock Wagner in a cupboard it would be helpful 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Including the Sunderland game we had 12 left, so handy to split the remaining matches into 4 mini game series.

If we were to get 5 points from each set we'd finish on 72, 6 from each would land us on 76. I feel like it'll take more like the latter, but either way we want to be in pole position if Hull have a lull.

A good start to set 1 and I'd be hopeful of 7 points total. Set 2 is trickier with only one home game and travelling to Leicester; I'm feeling 4 points across the 3 matches. 

Set 3 probably the hardest run with Ipswich H / Preston A and a Wednesday side scrapping to stay up. 4 points would be optimistic, I'd argue for 3. And the final set of matches, well that may depend on what has come before. If we're still in the hunt by then I'd say we could take maximum points against teams with not much at stake.

75 points is my calculated prediction. I have a suspicion that injuries will take their toll, however, and we will finish closer to 70. Probably missing out on playoffs by 2-3.

We have the feel of the sort of “10th once it’s obvious we aren’t going to make 6th and the players end up on the beach for the last couple of games”

7 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

lol we’ll only get 20-25 million for Rowe, Sara AND Sargent.

I’d be the first person calling for the return of Webber and all is forgiven if that was the case lol.

I read that and couldn't believe what I was reading. It's things like that when you know the rivalry has left them with no sense of reality.

We really need a statement away win so as to instill full confidence, the sooner the better. Knowing you have to win every single home game will lead to nerves and huge pressure.

If we win mid-week, Carrow Road will be rocking next Saturday and the players will respond. And we will beat Rotherham 5-0. 

• Like 1

The likelihood of an East Anglian derby at Wembley are diminishing as I can't see us finishing higher than 6th and Ipswich lower than 3rd. 

We need another 20 pts from 11 games, 5 of which are at home. Perfectly doable as long as we get an away win or two!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

The Ipswich fans always seem very receptive to the whole “I hope we both go up so we can have a derby in the premier league” thing and you can see it on this thread. I’ve always thought that was weird, I don’t want that at all. All I want for them is a long period of suffering, financial collapse and their deletion as a football club.

You see im the total opposite buh. Would be more than happy for them to go up so long as we do too. Barring selling our souls to someone so dodgy they make a Millwalll fan look like a girls blouse, neither of us will ever trouble the top 4 or a cup ever again. The derby in the top flight would at least make the season worth watching.

21 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

The likelihood of an East Anglian derby at Wembley are diminishing as I can't see us finishing higher than 6th and Ipswich lower than 3rd. 

We need another 20 pts from 11 games, 5 of which are at home. Perfectly doable as long as we get an away win or two!

Our last 20 games have yielded 38 points so 20 from 11 shouldn't be a problem. Trouble is that Hull are in an almost identical position. Hull v Ipswich on 27 April could be very important for us. 

22 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Have you seen how bad we are away from home. We've taken 17 points from 17 games away from home and a -5 goal difference. If and it's a big if we get into the play offs we need to play away first!

4 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

If and it's a big if we get into the play offs we need to play away first!

Which would mean finishing 3rd or 4th.

On 03/03/2024 at 09:09, Bigbrenn said:

And we will beat Rotherham 5-0. 

This is a pertinent point, our Goal Difference and Goals Scored is superior currently. PNE's goal different already looks miles behind.

If we can pull even further ahead on GD in comforable matches, then its "worth an extra half a point" as the cliche goes. Something for Wagner to consider maybe...(!)

7 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Which would mean finishing 3rd or 4th.

Not gonna happen then lol

Having spent some tim elooking at the run in I am increasingly confident that we will get 6th. Our run in should be at least 1 point better than Hull's, but conversly, Leeds have a good run in as well, but Southampton possibly have the most difficult of the top 10, which means that it would be us to beat the binners over 2 legs in the playoffs... Whilst I do get people saying how great it would be to beat them at Wembley, to crush their dreams in front of a partisan crowd at Poorman would be very satisfying...0zvVIo.gif.f80eabd0e2e9953324085b6d2d994367.gif