Sign in to follow this  
Bobzilla

Chance of Ipswich tickets?

I'm a semi regular away supporter, but haven't been to a home game in years because I live miles away. I've got leave to go to the Ipswich game because of when it falls in school holidays.  BUT...

I'm an away member, not home, I need two seats together, so I'll be fishing in the general release pool for a pair of tickets.

What are my chances? I'm not so fussy about where I sit, but is it likely to be a capacity crowd?

Also, how smart is it to bring a 13yo into THAT game? He's pretty smart and we know how to stay away from trouble, but I know that game can attract it around the ground.

35 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

I'm a semi regular away supporter, but haven't been to a home game in years because I live miles away. I've got leave to go to the Ipswich game because of when it falls in school holidays.  BUT...

I'm an away member, not home, I need two seats together, so I'll be fishing in the general release pool for a pair of tickets.

What are my chances? I'm not so fussy about where I sit, but is it likely to be a capacity crowd?

Also, how smart is it to bring a 13yo into THAT game? He's pretty smart and we know how to stay away from trouble, but I know that game can attract it around the ground.

Would be surprised if it isn't a sell out so good luck with getting tickets. It will be a great game.

As for trouble itself?  I suspect there could be issues afterwards if we lose the match but it's not difficult to avoid it, so I would definitely take your 13yr old. 

1 hour ago, East Rider said:

Would be surprised if it isn't a sell out so good luck with getting tickets. It will be a great game.

As for trouble itself?  I suspect there could be issues afterwards if we lose the match but it's not difficult to avoid it, so I would definitely take your 13yr old. 

Tbh it being a local derby, there’s obviously potential for a bit of trouble whatever the result - one set of fans is likely to be disgruntled - but it is usually well marshalled.  I can’t recall any particular issues in recent years.

Getting tickets might be the biggest issue - it is likely to show as sold out but there can often be season ticket returns nearer the time (whether in pairs is debatable).

For Trouble

Try the Railway Station 

Tickets for the 5pm to 6pm fights  available from Ticketmaster

Bring your own Special Brew

No surcharges 

1 hour ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

I'm surprised no-one has called this guy out for being a binner 😆

It seems unlikely if he’s an away member. The club will have a record of the games he’s bought tickets for.

Trouble? I'm sure all the scary 19 year old binner "ultras" will be out in force with their blue pyro smoke, drum and identical stupid hair cuts.

Edited by Satriales

2 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

I'm surprised no-one has called this guy out for being a binner 😆

Me too.  Not, but that doesn’t stop anyone here.  I‘ve just been labelled a plastic…

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

It seems unlikely if he’s an away member. The club will have a record of the games he’s bought tickets for.

The ultimate commonsense, we are no longer Norwich City supporters but instead have been subdivided into Norwich City Home Supporters and Norwich City Away Supporters. Woe betide should one of the former fancy going to a Portman Road playoff aside,  of course,  from Directors living in Stowmarket.

41 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

A plastic?  As in a non-fan?  If so, I’ve been a plastic for nearly 30 years.

Had you been a fan there would have been no issue in getting a ticket 

6 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

Had you been a fan there would have been no issue in getting a ticket 

You are a muppet. I’m sure plenty of fans will miss out.  I live 160 miles away and can thankfully afford my s/t and the travel time/cost to go to most home games.  Others can’t.

Edited by Branston Pickle

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You are a muppet. I’m sure plenty of fans will miss out.  I live 160 miles away and can thankfully afford my s/t and the travel time/cost to go to most home games.  Others can’t.

It’s a good point well made we should have a minimum income threshold where fans are allowed to support the club. I agree I have been championing this for years 

1 minute ago, norwich canary said:

It’s a good point well made we should have a minimum income threshold where fans are allowed to support the club. I agree I have been championing this for years 

Way to go to underline the level of muppet you are.

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Way to go to underline the level of muppet you are.

If we put aside the moral aspect of not supporting your local team 

think how much  damage you are doing to the environment pumping all those green house cases into the atmosphere by not walking or cycling to your local club 

think of your children and their children 

3 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

think how much  damage you are doing to the environment pumping all those green house cases into the atmosphere by not walking or cycling to your local club 

I drive electric and generate my own electricity with solar panels.  Next stupid comeback?

Look, i know you're a teenage muppet with nothing better to do than troll people who actually have to make decisions about their life that don't revolve around their football club, but one day you'll understand, and you'll be the guy thinking that the next kid is a total idiot. That's the way of the world. Just perhaps try and grow up a little quicker, for all our sakes?

27 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

Is getting a bus then walking to the game acceptable?............

3 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

A more realistic option?....A pitch facing Holiday Inn room for two.....Book NOW!....

Sadly not available now.  

Does home membership but not tier 1 or 2 help me at all?  I don’t mind paying an extra £12.50 to get tickets.  My son’s membership is both home and away as a junior.

37 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Is getting a bus then walking to the game acceptable?............

Great.  That’s only a 5.5 hour one way trip for me via London.  Or 6.5 hours cross country via Sheffield.  Probably worse on the Sunday coming back.  I’m not even going to look at the cost of a ticket, which, all in all, would be a bit pointless because I can just imagine the conversation with my wife…

*Edit* Sorry, that’s the train.  You said bus.  That’s only 12 hours solid each way and has to go via London.  I’m sure my son and his stoma bag will be fine with that…

Edited by Bobzilla

1 hour ago, norwich canary said:

If we put aside the obvious, that you are just a tool, I come by (electric) train.  Next idiotic comment? 

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

The ultimate commonsense, we are no longer Norwich City supporters but instead have been subdivided into Norwich City Home Supporters and Norwich City Away Supporters. Woe betide should one of the former fancy going to a Portman Road playoff aside,  of course,  from Directors living in Stowmarket.

Whole family will be using our season tickets, and sitting in our seats for that game, hope that’s ok.

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Whole family will be using our season tickets, and sitting in our seats for that game, hope that’s ok.

Despicable behaviour...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

Despicable behaviour...

What you need to do is keep refreshing the ticket app the week before, you will regularly find returns and sometimes a small batch is released.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Your inane comments are becoming increasingly annoying. Is it any different to season ticket holders and non season ticket holders? You have for some years wanted a seperate category for shareholders and their families. It is of course possible to be a home and away member. You are simply a member!!

2 hours ago, Bobzilla said:

A plastic?  As in a non-fan?  If so, I’ve been a plastic for nearly 30 years.

Ignore her, binner on the wind up

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bobzilla said:

I drive electric and generate my own electricity with solar panels.  Next stupid comeback?

Look, i know you're a teenage muppet with nothing better to do than troll people who actually have to make decisions about their life that don't revolve around their football club, but one day you'll understand, and you'll be the guy thinking that the next kid is a total idiot. That's the way of the world. Just perhaps try and grow up a little quicker, for all our sakes?

Waveney can only dream of being a teenager again ( big smile )

Edited by ......and Smith must score.