Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Cardiff extended highlights

Thanks for that. There was a lovely piece of football by Kenny in the second half when he sent the Cardiff centre forward the wrong way and strolled past him. Shame it didn't make the highlights but still a great watch. 

The best bit is at 2:08, just after Cardiff take the lead. Young lad wearing light grey in the top left of the screen, managing to flip a V and do a wánker symbol at the goalscorer in the space of two seconds. Good effort.

• Haha 3

Thought it at time but that’s on side for me. Denied a great goal.

IMG_7764.png

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Barnes onside at 1-1.

Just make it about the feet and no other part of the body.

Sara's goal also took a deflection off someone's head, which probably made all the difference.

Great result though. 

Look at Sainz after Fass scored, and at the final whistle. He looks annoyed and frustrated, I think because he didn't get a goal for himself. Love the passion.

• Like 1

Does definitely look like Bashley was behind Sam when he played the ball…he’s a good yard over the line of the penalty area which is as good a straight line as you need!

24 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Look at Sainz after Fass scored, and at the final whistle. He looks annoyed and frustrated, I think because he didn't get a goal for himself. Love the passion.

He pointed for SVH to pass to him, and was disappointed that he was overlooked.

Yep I think the lino has looked at the defenders near Barnes and he looks marginally nearer the goal than them, but even that is marginal, & as people has said he’s actually behind the ball. Shame for him as he clearly wants to get some goals for us.

51 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

He pointed for SVH to pass to him, and was disappointed that he was overlooked.

Sydney's decision making was spot on, also shout out to Fassnacht, he made that happen in the prior piece of play. If you watch it back, they combined like they have been playing together for years. 

23 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Sydney's decision making was spot on, also shout out to Fassnacht, he made that happen in the prior piece of play. If you watch it back, they combined like they have been playing together for years. 

That was cut above from Fassnacht and great decision making from SVH.

Fassnacht has shown real top class IMO but admittedly fleetingly. I hope it’s just adjustment to England and he kicks on even more next season like previous foreign players. However even if he doesn’t he’s contributing with goals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Does definitely look like Bashley was behind Sam when he played the ball…he’s a good yard over the line of the penalty area which is as good a straight line as you need!

Yea exactly, terrible decision. There’s a line literally drawn perfectly at the point of play and McCallum and that defender are clearly in front of him even if he wasn’t level with the other two.

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yep I think the lino has looked at the defenders near Barnes and he looks marginally nearer the goal than them, but even that is marginal, & as people has said he’s actually behind the ball. Shame for him as he clearly wants to get some goals for us.

Actually an awful decision to rule that out, he must be a yard behind McCallum and the ball when it's played.

Linesman should be seeing that surely?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Just make it about the feet and no other part of the body.

Sara's goal also took a deflection off someone's head, which probably made all the difference.

Great result though. 

Any snooker player will tell you there's nothing wrong with playing the ball off the cushion, which is what Sara intended, I am sure 😃

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Actually an awful decision to rule that out, he must be a yard behind McCallum and the ball when it's played.

Linesman should be seeing that surely?

And McCallum was cleaned out after the pass so, even if it was given as offside, it's either a penalty or a free kick right on the edge of the box. Awful officiating all round. Luckily it didn't matter.