Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

10 home matches without a loss

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

My concern is for the club that I have supported and "visited" countless times in over 40 years of supporting since leaving Norwich, from all over the country where I've lived from Cornwall to Cumbria.

Upstart loudmouths who think they are special because they manage to walk 1/2 a mile to the stadium once every two weeks during the season, would do well to show a bit more respect to those fans who support from a distance and who may well have spent more time/money and effort in their lives on supporting their club than you will ever do. 

I don’t care where you’ve lived, telling people how to behave at the football and that booing is “the worst thing you can do at the football” is lame. It’s a lame thing to do.

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I don’t care where you’ve lived, telling people how to behave at the football and that booing is “the worst thing you can do at the football” is lame. It’s a lame thing to do.

Anybody who uses the word “lame” goes a long way down in my estimation to be honest. You’re a grown man, not an American teenage girl! 

3 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Anybody who uses the word “lame” goes a long way down in my estimation to be honest. You’re a grown man, not an American teenage girl! 

Nobody knows who you are buh

16 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Small Keith, Vincent and the 20 percent must be very upset 😉

And all without Batth in the line up. Amongst many of your other fence hopping post game comments, depending upon result.  
Those that throw stones…..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, astro said:

That there is a nerve well and truly touched….

Indeed. Many people care about the club - people unable to go to matches for differing reasons, like distance/finance/age or health, who care deeply about what goes on at CR - because it is their club. Those that goad others because they can't go to matches, are just small minded nobodies.  NCFC is a community that is spread far wider than Carrow Road and it's about time those few poor souls that need to big themselves up because they can go to matches were brought down a peg or two.

Being able to go to your home club's football matches is a privilege, not a badge to be worn at the expense of those fans who can't go every week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Indeed. Many people care about the club - people unable to go to matches for differing reasons, like distance/finance/age or health, who care deeply about what goes on at CR - because it is their club. Those that goad others because they can't go to matches, are just small minded nobodies.  NCFC is a community that is spread far wider than Carrow Road and it's about time those few poor souls that need to big themselves up because they can go to matches were brought down a peg or two.

Being able to go to your home club's football matches is a privilege, not a badge to be worn at the expense of those fans who can't go every week. 

Since Farke was sacked and as I said and you denied all you have done is encourage bad will. I didn’t agree with Farke being sacked, but I got on with it. The booers were agreeing with every word you said

4 hours ago, S_81 said:

And all without Batth in the line up. Amongst many of your other fence hopping post game comments, depending upon result.  
Those that throw stones…..

Yeah, I mean me and you rarely see eye to eye but Cambridge regularly bemoans Baath not playing and has done over the course of the season which is an awful reflection on both his judgement of player and his general ability or knowledge on football in general.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Since Farke was sacked and as I said and you denied all you have done is encourage bad will. I didn’t agree with Farke being sacked, but I got on with it. The booers were agreeing with every word you said

We've seen a lot of angst, anger and then apathy since that sacking - and not just from me - and there's nothing wrong with that if that is what people feel. Putting me on the same level as those who boo is laughable - people can make up their own minds about what they do - I'd never encourage anyone to boo.

It isn't rocket science for the boo-ers, booing a substitution when you are 2-1 up and not knowing the circumstances behind that substitution is batsh*t bonkers.  Hopefully they will have learned from it after realising their folly.

Yesterday felt like a milestone in our season - the day when we finally got everything working right...........and if it is working on the pitch, then all the anti-Webber stuff, the Farke controversy, the awful Smith stuff and the anti-Wagner stuff can be consigned to the history books and we can all of us just enjoy watching the team perform well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, I mean me and you rarely see eye to eye but Cambridge regularly bemoans Baath not playing and has done over the course of the season which is an awful reflection on both his judgement of player and his general ability or knowledge on football in general.

At least you and I have a coherence of opinion on matters. Rightly or wrongly. 

• Like 1

On 18/02/2024 at 02:07, lake district canary said:

My concern is for the club that I have supported and "visited" countless times in over 40 years of supporting since leaving Norwich, from all over the country where I've lived from Cornwall to Cumbria.

Upstart loudmouths who think they are special because they manage to walk 1/2 a mile to the stadium once every two weeks during the season, would do well to show a bit more respect to those fans who support from a distance and who may well have spent more time/money and effort in their lives on supporting their club than you will ever do. 

No different to keyboard warriors who tell everyone what they should be doing really is it? You really think you are so high and mighty don’t you? 

On 17/02/2024 at 17:36, Paint Me Yellow said:

That explains the sound of a huge bottle bank being emptied during the game....

Aside from the goals - biggest cheer of the day. Excellent stuff 

@lake district canary

Genuine question and please don’t take this the wrong way. Appreciate you live far away and can’t get to games that often. We are also very rarely on tv these days. How do you build your opinions without watching the team?

Edited by MC_NCFC

38 minutes ago, MC_NCFC said:

@lake district canary

Genuine question and please don’t take this the wrong way. Appreciate you live far away and can’t get to games that often. We are also very rarely on tv these days. How do you build your opinions without watching the team?

There are ways of watching us. I don't like it, but I see most of our matches one way or the other. On some things - like the booing of the substitutions, its not hard to form opinions without seeing/hearing it live when people report it on here.

On 17/02/2024 at 17:34, The Real Buh said:

Mate, you attacked the whole fanbase after the last game

Oh, I've only just seen this little gem of mis-information. Fantastic. You should go and work for the government. Desperate.

33 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

There are ways of watching us. I don't like it, but I see most of our matches one way or the other. On some things - like the booing of the substitutions, its not hard to form opinions without seeing/hearing it live when people report it on here.

I hope you wouldn’t be harming the club by watching a stream? What’s more damaging booing or taking revenue away from a club who is self funded?

53 minutes ago, MC_NCFC said:

I hope you wouldn’t be harming the club by watching a stream? What’s more damaging booing or taking revenue away from a club who is self funded?

I would happily pay for a stream if it was official and was helping the club. But there isn't and that is beyond my control. Allowing people in other countries to watch an official stream and not people in this country seems to me to be discriminatory. 

On 19/02/2024 at 08:07, lake district canary said:

Oh, I've only just seen this little gem of mis-information. Fantastic. You should go and work for the government. Desperate.

Nerve touched.

On 19/02/2024 at 09:27, lake district canary said:

I would happily pay for a stream if it was official and was helping the club. But there isn't and that is beyond my control. Allowing people in other countries to watch an official stream and not people in this country seems to me to be discriminatory. 

Actually, LDC, the Watford match was on Canary TV for the princely sum of £10, complete with Radio Norfolk commentary. It was advertised as such on the NCFC app. That's how I watched it and the booing was very apparent.

You are right about the majority of games though which are not available legally in this country, unfortunately.

• Like 1