Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

Good words from Wagner

Video at the top of the club page on the BBC website as of 5pm on Friday. (If anyone can embed the video here, would be much appreciated. It was beyond me.)

DW reflecting on his Watford post-match comments: I  think he gets it bang on.

The gist is: "Maybe the words I used were too strong, but I stand by the message. 14 games to go, we've done really well to be closer to the 'interesting positions' (love this phrase, by the way), but we are not done. We need all to be together."

Hard to argue, no? Time to put those differences aside. Eyes on the prize, a Wembley appearance and ruining Ipswich's best season for years. What's not to like?

On the ball, City.

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Video at the top of the club page on the BBC website as of 5pm on Friday. (If anyone can embed the video here, would be much appreciated. It was beyond me.)

DW reflecting on his Watford post-match comments: I  think he gets it bang on.

The gist is: "Maybe the words I used were too strong, but I stand by the message. 14 games to go, we've done really well to be closer to the 'interesting positions' (love this phrase, by the way), but we are not done. We need all to be together."

Hard to argue, no? Time to put those differences aside. Eyes on the prize, a Wembley appearance and ruining Ipswich's best season for years. What's not to like?

On the ball, City.

Pleased he’s acknowledged that he may have come on too strong but he’s only human but also pleased he hasn’t backed down 

hopefully those who did boo can meet him halfway 

4 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

hopefully those who did boo can meet him halfway 

Those who boo'd him will just say that he's worried about losing his job, I wouldn't hold much hope to be honest.

It's great that he's clarified this though, as the 'stay at home' comment has been the boldened quote everywhere, which is typical of media.  It's clear that the underlying message was asking for trust and support.

3 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Those who boo'd him will just say that he's worried about losing his job, I wouldn't hold much hope to be honest.

It's great that he's clarified this though, as the 'stay at home' comment has been the boldened quote everywhere, which is typical of media.  It's clear that the underlying message was asking for trust and support.

Agreed. Unfortunately they all have to be sensationalised these days otherwise they don’t get the clicks 

The bit that's key from the PinkUn is:

That atmosphere led to bemusement among the first-team squad and soured the mood on a night that saw Norwich return to the play-off positions for the first time since September

I've said God knows how many times the players are very much behind Wagner and even earlier in the season they didn't understand some of the vitriol directed his way. He's done well to keep them all onside and therefore the ridiculous booing of substitutions is p*ssing off our own best players - the same people will then moan when they want to leave.

• Like 2

Webber has a lot to answer for with his attitude towards the fans, he is gone but his legacy remains. 

It is good he has toned his words down but stuck to this underlying message of getting behind the team.

Hopefully another home win is incoming tomorrow and the supporters get behind the team.........

• Like 3

I still hope the boo boys and girls stay away because I have a fear that Cardiff score early and they finish the job for them by turning on our own.

Alternatively we win at a canter, score every 10 minutes, don't concede and only make a sub if a player goes off on a stretcher. Unless it's Gibson. Or Kenny.

Or Onel... (oops)

That atmosphere led to bemusement among the first-team squad and soured the mood on a night that saw Norwich return to the play-off positions for the first time since September

Do you not think this says a lot though? The squad are bemused that fans are unhappy with things currently yet the 24hrs between the end of Tuesdays games and Wednesdays games were the 1st time we have been in the play-offs in close to 5 months...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, howzer14 said:

Do you not think this says a lot though? The squad are bemused that fans are unhappy with things currently yet the 24hrs between the end of Tuesdays games and Wednesdays games were the 1st time we have been in the play-offs in close to 5 months...

It says that the players probably understand how big the injury impact was within the camp and that for the past 17 games they've been in play-off form so to boo a sub midway through a game that was being won is just as stupid as it sounds.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Webber has a lot to answer for with his attitude towards the fans, he is gone but his legacy remains. 

It is good he has toned his words down but stuck to this underlying message of getting behind the team.

Hopefully another home win is incoming tomorrow and the supporters get behind the team.........

Probably because he's living rent free in your head. You need to let that period go, it's history.

• Like 1

The simple thing here is to not boo substitutions, full stop. 

There are at least 3 people involved in every substitution and for the players themselves, it’s unclear who’s actually being booed, more often than not. 

When Gibson entered the pitch a few weeks back I really felt for him; it was horribly uncomfortable. So much for encouraging our own players. 

This really isn’t about Wagner, or any of the squad. While I disagree with Wagner’s in-game decisions far too often, I can’t bring myself to ever boo a substitution, or indeed any of our own players in-game. Boo the officials, the opposition, boo at FT if it’s been an abject performance. If Fassnacht comes on at 60 mins for Rowe, cool. Encourage the lad. 

It’s not about staying home, it’s about giving your head a wobble and giving the team the lift. It’s what we’re there for, isn’t it?

Edited by mrdi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As Connor said in his post match report, what more can DW do? We are in good form, he had to make those substitutions, and we won again. 

Understandable that he was angry and spoke out. He is a good guy and we should applaud how he has improved the team and results. 

I am saying I think he should be here next season, but so far it's good. 

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Probably because he's living rent free in your head. You need to let that period go, it's history.

I have absolutely no idea what that means.

My views on the booing/chanting on Tuesday night are clear from my posts on this board.

My views on the need for reconciliation between the club and the fans are also clear.

I am looking forward to another home win today and a truce breaking out.

I was merely stating my opinion that Wagner is reaping what Webber sowed, not helped by Delia's ill informed comments at the AGM.

I was merely stating my opinion.........

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

I am one of the 20 percent and I will be there booing my little heart out

Delia Out , Wagner out 

Farke back 

Like I said; simple. 

1 hour ago, norwich canary said:

I am one of the 20 percent and I will be there booing my little heart out

Delia Out , Wagner out 

Farke back 

Doubt you've ever been to Carrow Rd in your life. Portaloo Rd perhaps

2 hours ago, norwich canary said: