Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Latest osp minutes.......

Completely soft as usual.

The point on away travel is that it is prohibitively expensive as the month of January clearly demonstrates where supporters attending all 4 inconveniently arranged kick offs would have spent nearly £300 on coach travel and match tickets. The only relief came courtesy of Hull City Football Club providing a match ticket for £10. They are a Club with a very simple match pricing structure starting at £300 for a season ticket compared to our £535 this season. Also like almost every other Club they offer concessions in every part of their stadium. 

The Panel then seems to offer no resistance to this situation being frozen in for eternity and instead addresses only petty issues of price rounding. This is not fan engagement.

Interesting on away coach travel it was suggested that a previous discount scheme could be reintroduced? Very strange that the panel, supporters& staff appear unaware that you get a free coach trip with 10 stubs which applies to all travellers, season ticket holders or others. 

Just now, Year of the tiger said:

Interesting on away coach travel it was suggested that a previous discount scheme could be reintroduced? Very strange that the panel, supporters& staff appear unaware that you get a free coach trip with 10 stubs which applies to all travellers, season ticket holders or others. 

Yes I have heard that too. They really are uninformed aren't they. Good that it does exist though it doesn't help non-Norwich located supporters or those who may like to vary their form of travel depending on midweek v weekend etc.

I bet the club wants us to factor in small price rises each year! So kind of them to want to rid us of the uncertainty. 

That are so, unashamedly, money grabbing. 

"Stadium development. The club provided an update on the recent feasibility studies undertaken at Carrow Road."

Sooo what was the update ?

I don’t follow this moaning about the price of coach travel - it’s expensive but all travel is, and presumably the club is just passing on the cost?  If not there’s nothing at all preventing people from making alternative arrangements.  Maybe the supporters club could run trips instead, or someone could cost it up to see?

As an aside, I know for a fact that some schools have found it cheaper to use group travel by rail rather than coach travel…it isn’t cheap these days. 

Elliot King Head of supporter  engagement 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

have the fans ever been less engaged , time for a p45 me thinks 

43 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I bet the club wants us to factor in small price rises each year! So kind of them to want to rid us of the uncertainty. 

That are so, unashamedly, money grabbing. 

I don't think it's 'money grabbing' to make a small increase that's comfortably below the rate of inflation.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I don't think it's 'money grabbing' to make a small increase that's comfortably below the rate of inflation.

...from a baseline of £10 million gate money whilst many clubs in the Championship survive on £5 million.

16 minutes ago, essex canary said:

...from a baseline of £10 million gate money whilst many clubs in the Championship survive on £5 million.

The aim is getting a shout at promotion, not just survival

17 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

The prices are too high already. It’s greed. Football is not like other businesses. This price rise will generate a maximum of £200k. We earnt more than that from winning our replay at Bristol Rovers. It’s neither here nor there when it comes to the clubs budget. But it just hits fans a little bit more. And now they want to establish the principle of doing it every year. It stinks - why does the panel not stand up for the supporters more? 

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

The prices are too high already. It’s greed. Football is not like other businesses. This price rise will generate a maximum of £200k. We earnt more than that from winning our replay at Bristol Rovers. It’s neither here nor there when it comes to the clubs budget. But it just hits fans a little bit more. And now they want to establish the principle of doing it every year. It stinks - why does the panel not stand up for the supporters more? 

It's supply and demand. We sell our full complement of season tickets every year and have a waiting list, which implies that the pricing is right. If fewer people renew, maybe they'll reconsider.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's supply and demand. We sell our full complement of season tickets every year and have a waiting list, which implies that the pricing is right. If fewer people renew, maybe they'll reconsider.

So the loyal fan can only register discontent through voting with their feet rather than their hands. The latter should be the underlying purpose for which constructs such as the OSP is designed namely to ensure grievances are addressed without walking away. Therein lies the reason for the disconnect.

16 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

One potential way to appease supporters a bit is to ringfence the funds from the increase into a building fund for the replacement / extension of the City stand? Again, a drop in the ocean really, but it does provide another direct connection to things going on in the Carrow Road boardroom and gets the supporters a feeling of being involved.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It should not be run on that type of thinking. What you are saying is that they will/should only reconsider if lots of fans are priced out of attending. Really? Many fans will dig very deep before giving up something like their season tickets. 

Did anyone on the panel point out at any stage that we already have the pretty much the most expensive cheapest season tickets in the top two divisions and that with fan sentiment as it is, a price rise is not really fair or sensible? 

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It should not be run on that type of thinking. What you are saying is that they will/should only reconsider if lots of fans are priced out of attending. Really? Many fans will dig very deep before giving up something like their season tickets. 

Did anyone on the panel point out at any stage that we already have the pretty much the most expensive cheapest season tickets in the top two divisions and that with fan sentiment as it is, a price rise is not really fair or sensible? 

Attanassio out already?!

• Like 1

"It was felt by the Panel that not much advertising of this upcoming fixture had happened on club channels apart from the launch and some posts on the women’s team Twitter/X account."

Bread and butter supporter engagement being neglected? Who'd have thought. 

Were there any questions around the empty seats in the ground for apparently "sold out" matches? And was there any concern shown by the club if the question was raised / discussed? If this wasn't discussed, could this be raised at the next OSP by the forum representatives?

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying they might reconsider if people decide they don't want to renew at that price. That doesn't mean they're priced out, just that they'd rather spend their money elsewhere. It's a simple principle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Price is always set by supply and demand it’s a basic economic fact. Supply is less than demand so pricing is high, anyone who doesn’t want to pay that equilibrium price then they don’t need to renew   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

Price is always set by supply and demand it’s a basic economic fact. Supply is less than demand so pricing is high, anyone who doesn’t want to pay that equilibrium price then they don’t need to renew   

In NCFC's case both artificial supply and artificial demand. Supply in the sense that it is in need of increase but they have made no effort. Demand in the sense that there are people who buy season tickets who cannot attend often but buy them simply through fear that they won't be able to get back in when they want. At many other Clubs these people would not waste their money and there would be room for others to fill prime seats that otherwise remain empty. 

1 hour ago, Darth Vadis said:

"Stadium development. The club provided an update on the recent feasibility studies undertaken at Carrow Road."

Sooo what was the update ?

Yes, what was the update? Did anyone mention the recent flood report and the club's response? 

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

the OSP is designed namely to ensure grievances are addressed without walking away.

Not sure that is their roll. 

They are an engagement panel, to have involvement on club (non footballing matters) not so address grievances. Hopefully with the right input and solutions grievances wont happen often. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Not sure that is their roll. 

They are an engagement panel, to have involvement on club (non footballing matters) not so address grievances. Hopefully with the right input and solutions grievances wont happen often. 

How else are supporters meant to raise grievances?

And please don’t tell me they can use the complaints procedure online. They use a master bricklayer to build a bl**dy great brick wall and ignore or not seek to resolve any problems raised. 
I have first hand experience of that!

Just now, Ernie Wise said:

How else are supporters meant to raise grievances?

And please don’t tell me they can use the complaints procedure online. They use a master bricklayer to build a bl**dy great brick wall and ignore or not seek to resolve any problems raised. 
I have first hand experience of that!

Not disputing that - but that doesnt make it the OSP's role. 

They are a panel representing the fans overall, not individuals. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Do we have a waiting list though? im sure I saw somewhere it was just people wanting specific areas / seats together etc, rather than a general application list. Maybe some one on the OSP could ask for some figures, maybe a couple of years worth for comparison too?

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying they might reconsider if people decide they don't want to renew at that price. That doesn't mean they're priced out, just that they'd rather spend their money elsewhere. It's a simple principle.

It may mean they dont have the money at that price - and cannot spend it on anything else either. It may be hard but simple decision for some people in that situation.  

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t follow this moaning about the price of coach travel - it’s expensive but all travel is, and presumably the club is just passing on the cost?  If not there’s nothing at all preventing people from making alternative arrangements.  Maybe the supporters club could run trips instead, or someone could cost it up to see?

As an aside, I know for a fact that some schools have found it cheaper to use group travel by rail rather than coach travel…it isn’t cheap these days. 

It’s Essex-he’ll moan about absolutely anything. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Not disputing that - but that doesnt make it the OSP's role. 

They are a panel representing the fans overall, not individuals. 

The SCG (supporters consultative group) was encouraged to raise issues and criticisms of the club, which were discussed at group meetings. So is the OSP’s role different or merely a talking shop with no teeth?

1 minute ago, Ernie Wise said:

The SCG (supporters consultative group) was encouraged to raise issues and criticisms of the club, which were discussed at group meetings. So is the OSP’s role different or merely a talking shop with no teeth?

I'm going to leave that to the OSP to reply, if they wish, as they are more onboard, and their role has evolved since the initial meeting I attended.