Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

So onto Cardiff

so they're 14th in the table, almost smack bang in the middle of it having won only one match in their last five which was a rather slow and yawn inducing one nill win against Watford and Cardiff do seem to have real trouble away from home having a pretty poor away form.

So what are we thinking tommorows result will be? Along came Norwich and a loss or do you think we should be able to down the bluebirds?

A win and with Southampton playing WBA (away) tonight (I expect a Southampton reaction) we could be only 1 point off 5th.

Onwards and upwards. 

• Like 1

Difficult to call what with injuries etc. Even if Sargent starts he clearly isn't 100% - if I were the Cardiff manager I'd be telling my players to bruise him up a bit more.

I think we could edge it 2-1.

26 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Difficult to call what with injuries etc. Even if Sargent starts he clearly isn't 100% - if I were the Cardiff manager I'd be telling my players to bruise him up a bit more.

I think we could edge it 2-1.

My suspicion is that Sargent will start but come off early whatever. 

More curious as to Sara / Nunez / Barnes and even Sorensen. (I suspect again as per Watford for starting 11 - both Barnes and Sara scored!). 3:0

Edited by Yellow Fever

52 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

My suspicion is that Sargent will start but come off early whatever. 

More curious as to Sara / Nunez / Barnes and even Sorensen. (I suspect again as per Watford for starting 11 - both Barnes and Sara scored!). 3:0

I would say bring Sargent off early if we get into a comfortable early lead, but with our record of letting teams back into the game, that probably won't be an option!

Really would like to see SVH get at least 30 minutes, he looks eager, lets give him a chance.

Put the Donk on from the start and Sarge on the bench. Trick Cardiff into thinking Sarge will come on later and hold him back until 2nd half injury time. Also, rest Barnes as well and bring him on at 60 mins. Simple really.

8 minutes ago, Bigbrenn said:

Put the Donk on from the start and Sarge on the bench. Trick Cardiff into thinking Sarge will come on later and hold him back until 2nd half injury time. Also, rest Barnes as well and bring him on at 60 mins. Simple really.

Stop being so logical!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Think it's about time we gave someone an utter battering.

6-0 to Norwich 

I guess it’s 5pm somewhere in the world - mine’s a pint then!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

6-0 to Norwich 

"Is that semi or full fat with your coco-pops, sir?"

"BAILEYS!"

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Bigbrenn said:

Wonder how Barnes and HugeDonk would do together?

Not sure many teams could handle that kind of physicality.. And if we keep getting good crosses into the box..

• Like 2

A Cardiff side of old certainly wouldn't worry about physicality, not sure about this current lot. 

I think we need to be a bit more cleverer than turning it into a battle. Last thing we want is red cards (Sainz) on top of injuries.

I expect Sargent won't play - if that's the case, start with Van the Man and put that young lad from the youth team on the bench - give him some mins at the end at least.

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder how Barnes and HugeDonk would do together?

Fisher's naturally a right back, so not too sure.

It would be a bit strange if SVH goes straight from not being ready for the Championship to being in the starting XI.

Barnes will be expected to start his 3rd game in little over a week, but needs must. I think we'll see Nunez for Sargent with SVH on the bench, along with Sarge, if fit enough.

Fassnacht will probably also start and tuck in alongside Barnes when possible.

31 minutes ago, g00se said:

I expect Sargent won't play - if that's the case, start with Van the Man and put that young lad from the youth team on the bench - give him some mins at the end at least.

Na that's too much if a good idea 😂 

3 hours ago, g00se said:

Too obvious. It'll be something else.

On 16/02/2024 at 11:43, Ken Hairy said:

Think it's about time we gave someone an utter battering.

6-0 to Norwich 

People may have laughed, but it really should have been this 

• Like 2