Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Leeds Predictions

If you offered me a draw here I'd rip your hand off. That said, we've got to batten down the hatches and get the counters to stick, this game will be the acid test of where we are so far, and with James and Summerville they've got searing pace in their ranks.

But we do know Farke's teams can be got at in defence. Against WBA we were more accurate and therefore faster on the counter, meaning we were a bigger threat. We will get a couple of chances, it's whether we put them away.

I think they'll edge us out. They'll have spells where we're pushed back into a very low block and where they look dominant, but have they got the accuracy of pass in tight spaces to work up clear chances? I think they'll just have enough pace to do it, and they'll nick it either by one goal or two if we throw the sink at it when a goal down late on and concede another on the counter.

Leeds to win 2-1 or 3-1 for me.

A shoe-in for BTTS. If we manage to get the result I may even start believing again..

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I think they'll edge us out. They'll have spells where we're pushed back into a very low block and where they look dominant, but have they got the accuracy of pass in tight spaces to work up clear chances? I think they'll just have enough pace to do it, and they'll nick it either by one goal or two if we throw the sink at it when a goal down late on and concede another on the counter.

Leeds to win 2-1 or 3-1 for me.

That sounds about right to me. If we do better than that I will be very pleased. I think the three relegated teams are a cut above us, but I don't see much to fear from the rest. As you said, would be very happy with a point.

18 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

and with James and Summerville they've got searing pace in their ranks.

What the singer, formerly with Bronski Beat and The Communards?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scrivvy said:

What the singer, formerly with Bronski Beat and The Communards?

Maybe they're just Smalltown Boys? 😉

Am I right in that they have a couple of injuries to key players? Summerville has been mentioned as a weapon but I think he is struggling at the moment. Given the performance on Saturday, if we can sneak one before Sarge retires for his rest, then maybe, just maybe we can hold them at bay. Then maybe I can join in with a chorus of that modified Joy Division classic.

Anyone going to the game? No clue what numbers we will take for a Wednesday evening game.

4 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Anyone going to the game? No clue what numbers we will take for a Wednesday evening game.

I’m going with daughter and her mates. She’s just asked which pubs are Norwich fans heading to. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I am and I think there will be a good turnout from the Northern Canaries; certainly better than the turnout at Hull which is a **** to get to, so close to 1,500. Leeds is probably the best connected City up here, just a shame the ground is on the outskirts of the city and a right trek walking to if you are travelling by train, especially given that the main railway lines all pass within 100 yards of the ground.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m going with daughter and her mates. She’s just asked which pubs are Norwich fans heading to. 

As mentioned above the ground is based out of town, there aren't that many pubs close to it, all tend to be home pubs. The away fan sites don't actually recommend an away pub anymore, one mentions there is a "bar" at the back of the stand for away fans (see below), but if it is like the one mentioned for Hull it will be closed. 🤷‍♀️

"Howards Bar at Elland Road is the exclusive watering hole for away fans, located at the ground itself next to the away turnstiles is the entrance to Howards, which is a small bar for away supporters only. Opening two or three hours before kick off, you are required to show your away ticket to gain entrance. It's tucked away near the West stand but is a brilliant pre-match meet-up spot ane just a few doors down from the Old Peacock pub. Nearby is the famous Graveleys chippy, which does brisk business on matchdays, whilst there is also a McDonalds outlet situated across the road from the East Stand for both home and away supporters to buy some cheap food."

If you are getting there early and travelling by train, there are plenty of good pubs close to the train station before you trek to the ground. 

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

As mentioned above the ground is based out of town, there aren't that many pubs close to it, all tend to be home pubs. The away fan sites don't actually recommend an away pub anymore, one mentions there is a "bar" at the back of the stand for away fans (see below), but if it is like the one mentioned for Hull it will be closed. 🤷‍♀️

"Howards Bar at Elland Road is the exclusive watering hole for away fans, located at the ground itself next to the away turnstiles is the entrance to Howards, which is a small bar for away supporters only. Opening two or three hours before kick off, you are required to show your away ticket to gain entrance. It's tucked away near the West stand but is a brilliant pre-match meet-up spot ane just a few doors down from the Old Peacock pub. Nearby is the famous Graveleys chippy, which does brisk business on matchdays, whilst there is also a McDonalds outlet situated across the road from the East Stand for both home and away supporters to buy some cheap food."

If you are getting there early and travelling by train, there are plenty of good pubs close to the train station before you trek to the ground. 

We’re doing a couple on Otley Road before venturing nearer the ground. Thanks for those recommendations, 3 in our party who have never been to a match ever so should be fun. 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We’re doing a couple on Otley Road before venturing nearer the ground. Thanks for those recommendations, 3 in our party who have never been to a match ever so should be fun. 

Ah, student ville, that's quite a slep to the ground, give yourselves plenty of time as Leeds traffic is hell at rush hour and after!

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Ah, student ville, that's quite a slep to the ground, give yourselves plenty of time as Leeds traffic is hell at rush hour and after!

I’m there very early tomorrow, she’s lived in Leeds for over 3 years so can lead the way to the ground. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I'm expecting you to complete the full Otley run!

• Haha 1

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Fancy dress! No thanks. 

Haha. I completed it once without fancy dress. Mind you it took about 10 hours so not much chance of making it to the game!

We owe Farke for the loss at Carrow Rd. having been 2:0 up.

That said - this is almost a free hit - we 'bagged' the points on Saturday.

It's theoretically a toughie but I think we are a dark undervalued horse here and better than many suspect. If we turn up then three points!

If our defence keeps it's shape then I can see us only conceding one. Attack? Going for two early goals. BUT, depends on the ref as ER can get feisty.

COYY

10 minutes ago, In my blood said:

If our defence keeps it's shape then I can see us only conceding one. Attack? Going for two early goals. BUT, depends on the ref as ER can get feisty.

COYY

Never heard of him or know if he's reffed any of our previous games. 

Ref Watch

Matthew Donohue will be tasked with refereeing this fixture, with the assistance of Paul Hodskinson and Craig Taylor. The fourth official will be Jeremy Simpson.

• Thanks 1

Well if the Binners can get a draw at Leicester after the rubbish run they were on we ought to be able to get a draw surely?

Stink the place out 1-1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well if the Binners can get a draw at Leicester after the rubbish run they were on we ought to be able to get a draw surely?

Stink the place out 1-1

Do you mean still on with 1 win in 7 ( league )

Stole this from the Leeds forum. Farke presser comments about us. As you would expect, but classy as always.

Norwich
Always grateful to this club. Special place in my heart. More emotional last time because it was first return to Carrow Road. This topic is done. This is a home game we have to stretch our unbeaten run with. Nice to see familiar faces. Well run club. Great people at the helm with Delia and Michael.

Think we get found out in this one. 3.1 to them. 

7 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Plastic glory hunters now we’ve started winning. 😉 <- winky emoji 

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

Think we get found out in this one. 3.1 to them. 

There’s a massive surprise.

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

There’s a massive surprise.

I’m entitled to an opinion. And my opinion has no bearing on the outcome. It’s one of the toughest away games in the league. And we are still sitting off too much, inviting pressure too much, and at times have gaping holes through the middle. 

8 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We’re a huge price to win tomorrow so I’ll take the 13/2 on offer. Very tough match but you never know, 3.2 to Norwich. 

Have a tenner on us at 9-1, it was 7/1 yesterday, so money must be going on us as13/2 is still a good bet