Sign in to follow this  
debbie does norwich

Leeds tickets

Just read the ticket sales arrangements for the upcoming Leeds game.

To be totally honest, I was particularly hacked off by being slow off the mark when selecting the away members match pick and missed out on everyone's 1st choice, ipswich!! My fault entirely but accepted my lot and picked Leeds.

Now I find I'm in the mix with 3 other groups tomorrow.

I was under the impression that the match pick was to guarantee a ticket for the selected game. Maybe the interest will not be overwhelming and tickets will be available for all who want them but I still feel aggrieved that it is not the match pick guarantee that I signed up for.

Any thoughts from the would be lawyers out there if I cannot get a ticket tomorrow.

Essex will be along with his views on the away membership in case you are unaware what they are.

9 minutes ago, debbie does norwich said:

To be totally honest, I was particularly hacked off by being slow off the mark when selecting the away members match pick and missed out on everyone's 1st choice, ipswich!! My fault entirely but accepted my lot and picked Leeds.

I was under the impression that the match pick was to guarantee a ticket for the selected game. Maybe the interest will not be overwhelming and tickets will be available for all who want them but I still feel aggrieved that it is not the match pick guarantee that I signed up for.

Any thoughts from the would be lawyers out there if I cannot get a ticket tomorrow.

Wouldn't worry, Wednesday's Brizzle Rovers match will get postponed and re-arranged for next week, forcing the postponing of the Leeds match to after Easter! 

Edited by shefcanary

12 minutes ago, debbie does norwich said:

Perhaps, what’s more telling is that the Club has effectively “abandoned” the usual selling format for away members, effectively condensing the usual four-day selling instalments into a single group.

I can imagine, if this was your match-pick and you miss out, that you’d be a bit hacked off, however, I suspect that it’s more likely a reflection on the anticipated low levels of interest for tickets for a game that has been rearranged for a midweek match.

16 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Essex will be along with his views on the away membership in case you are unaware what they are.

It would be ironic if there’s some stick waving, as these proposals mean that the usual arrangements have effectively been abandoned for this game.

9 minutes ago, GMF said:

Perhaps, what’s more telling is that the Club has effectively “abandoned” the usual selling format for away members, effectively condensing the usual four-day selling instalments into a single group.

I can imagine, if this was your match-pick and you miss out, that you’d be a bit hacked off, however, I suspect that it’s more likely a reflection on the anticipated low levels of interest for tickets for a game that has been rearranged for a midweek match.

With the fixture having been brought forward maybe they don’t think they have time to fart about with the normal Groups - and it being midweek were unlikely to sell out our allocation.  I was due to be going on the Saturday but can’t midweek; it felt odd the tickets weren’t on sale until this week, but presumably that’s down to Leeds? 

9 minutes ago, GMF said:

I tend to agree that a wet Wednesday in Leeds may not be over subscribed but they have effectively taken away my match pick which goes against the the membership scheme.

6 minutes ago, debbie does norwich said:

I tend to agree that a wet Wednesday in Leeds may not be over subscribed but they have effectively taken away my match pick which goes against the the membership scheme.

It’s the lack of time and makes sense, despite best efforts to make it yet another stick to beat the club with.

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s the lack of time and makes sense, despite best efforts to make it yet another stick to beat the club with.

If the club changes the rules then I think I have the right to complain and seek redress if it adversely affects me

5 minutes ago, debbie does norwich said:

If the club changes the rules then I think I have the right to complain and seek redress if it adversely affects me

It will only adversely affect you if you don’t get tickets.

That will not be a problem if the game is next midweek.

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 hour ago, debbie does norwich said:

Don’t worry. The Leeds allocation will be quite large as it’s a big ground. This means they have to offer at least 2000 tickets. The odds on us selling that number to all away members at one weeks notice for a game on a Wednesday night are minuscule. Every away member who wants a ticket on the Tuesday will get one. You are right that if you don’t you should take it up with the club immediately, but as I say it won’t happen.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, a commonsense reply Mr Commonsense.

My original question was a 'what if' question pointing out the anomaly in the clubs sales strategy which still remains even if unlikely. It was not a stick to beat anyone with. 

How many matches would genuinely require the match pick or priority groups this season?Clearly Ipswich and maybe towards the end of the season if we are close to the playoffs. 

The scheme is just an excuse to raise more money at supporters expense when the costs and inconveniences of travelling from Norwich are considerable. Therefore I have largely given up on away games. 

6 hours ago, Commonsense said:

The Leeds allocation will be quite large as it’s a big ground. This means they have to offer at least 2000 tickets.

The away section is split in two (upper and lower) with the upper bit holding 1500+ being offered first, if this isn't likely to be full Leeds sell the lower section to home fans.

8 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Don’t worry. The Leeds allocation will be quite large as it’s a big ground. This means they have to offer at least 2000 tickets. The odds on us selling that number to all away members at one weeks notice for a game on a Wednesday night are minuscule. Every away member who wants a ticket on the Tuesday will get one. You are right that if you don’t you should take it up with the club immediately, but as I say it won’t happen.

Every casual will get one or more too if they want them. 

9 hours ago, debbie does norwich said:

Given that the EFL now schedules a full round of Championship fixtures for what was traditionally a blank weekend, it was always a possibility that this game would be rescheduled, albeit many fans, we included, wouldn’t have thought about that when it came to making our match picks last June!

Also, given that the game was brought forward by Leeds, means that the Club has to condense the usual six day selling schedule into three, especially with the need to post out match tickets to fans.

Fingers crossed that you won’t be adversely affected, but do let us know how you get on.

1 hour ago, GMF said:

Given that the EFL now schedules a full round of Championship fixtures for what was traditionally a blank weekend, it was always a possibility that this game would be rescheduled, albeit many fans, we included, wouldn’t have thought about that when it came to making our match picks last June!

Also, given that the game was brought forward by Leeds, means that the Club has to condense the usual six day selling schedule into three, especially with the need to post out match tickets to fans.

Fingers crossed that you won’t be adversely affected, but do let us know how you get on.

The Club should allow another match pick in lieu. Leicester would perhaps be the wise choice.

10 hours ago, debbie does norwich said:

Thank you, a commonsense reply Mr Commonsense.

My original question was a 'what if' question pointing out the anomaly in the clubs sales strategy which still remains even if unlikely. It was not a stick to beat anyone with. 

You’ll certainly have no problems getting a ticket for this one. Long way to travel for many fans and a January midweek fixture means not many families can go.

Aside from that getting stiffed £47 for an adult ticket won’t appeal to many. The good news if they’ve decided it’s a Category B match it’s only £45 ( big smile )

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The Club should allow another match pick in lieu. Leicester would perhaps be the wise choice.

If you recall, the match pick was an addition to the original monetised membership schemes, followed on from the first version in 2019-20, which was always going to struggle because the telephone / online tech couldn’t cope with the high levels of calls / logins when tickets were released.

In part, it was a justification for keeping the scheme going, but it’s still not perfect, and discussions remain ongoing about possible tweaks to the system for next season.

9 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

You’ll certainly have no problems getting a ticket for this one. Long way to travel for many fans and a January midweek fixture means not many families can go.

Aside from that getting stiffed £47 for an adult ticket won’t appeal to many. The good news if they’ve decided it’s a Category B match it’s only £45 ( big smile )

According to the ticket page it’s actually £36

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, essex canary said:

That would mean ignoring the conditions of purchase. It would also mean that it would set a precedent every time a game was moved. Again you are adding in complications for no good reason.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, essex canary said:

How many matches would genuinely require the match pick or priority groups this season?Clearly Ipswich and maybe towards the end of the season if we are close to the playoffs. 

The scheme is just an excuse to raise more money at supporters expense when the costs and inconveniences of travelling from Norwich are considerable. Therefore I have largely given up on away games. 

The scheme makes sure you get access to high demand matches like Ipswich. I think tickets for most games away have reached general sale this year, so that is not really a reason to give up away games.

18 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

In that case my bad. The Leeds website says £47 Cat A games and £45 Cat B. Ipswich fans paid £47.

Maybe we had a reciprocal arrangement ?

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

6 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Because of the reciprocal agreement with Leeds by which they will match the charge levied on their fans for the reverse fixture providing the opposition accepts the agreement.

Leeds “price matched” the admission price that NCFC charged Leeds fans earlier this season.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Because of the reciprocal agreement with Leeds by which they will match the charge levied on their fans for the reverse fixture providing the opposition accepts the agreement.

I’m stumped. This must be a criticism of our club in some way, but I’m really struggling to see how. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, essex canary said:

The scheme makes sure you get access to high demand matches like Ipswich. I think tickets for most games away have reached general sale this year, so that is not really a reason to give up away games.

I think Essex has given up on most away games as he bristles at the thought of paying £25 membership rather than the expense and inconvenience of travelling to matches ( big smile )

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m stumped. This must be a criticism of our club in some way, but I’m really struggling to see how. 

It means that compared to a Premier League away price of £30, the travelling supporter has to pay £36 for a Wednesday night at Leeds. It is a little different from the £10 paid at Hull which was entirely down to Hull whose fans doubtless paid considerably more at Carrow Road.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

It means that compared to a Premier League away price of £30, the travelling supporter has to pay £36 for a Wednesday night at Leeds. It is a little different from the £10 paid at Hull which was entirely down to Hull whose fans doubtless paid considerably more at Carrow Road.

And there it is. 

• Like 2