Sign in to follow this  
debbie does norwich

Leeds tickets

6 minutes ago, essex canary said:

It means that compared to a Premier League away price of £30, the travelling supporter has to pay £36 for a Wednesday night at Leeds. It is a little different from the £10 paid at Hull which was entirely down to Hull whose fans doubtless paid considerably more at Carrow Road.

Thanks for clarifying, I knew it had to be in there somewhere. [sighs]

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GMF said:

If you recall, the match pick was an addition to the original monetised membership schemes, followed on from the first version in 2019-20, which was always going to struggle because the telephone / online tech couldn’t cope with the high levels of calls / logins when tickets were released.

In part, it was a justification for keeping the scheme going, but it’s still not perfect, and discussions remain ongoing about possible tweaks to the system for next season.

The match pick would have been a very good idea in 2019-20. My son, living in the South East and wanting to attend matches there only wasted much time and got absolutely nothing from his own purchase that season going with me only when my wife declined the midweek Spurs matches. Unfortunately it didn't apply in that season and now serves to effectively charge £60 per ticket for Ipswich. 

A Hull fan going to Leeds this season will only be paying £20. A far cheaper day out than for our fans whether to Leeds or Ipswich.

Prior to this scheme the size of my shareholding effectively allowed a match pick for any game I wanted to go to prior to the unilateral withdrawal without consultation.

No wonder the Club is now in unprecedented territory in the bottom half of the away attendance league table. Ditto for home matches where it is all very selective concerning over 75 concessions when the reality is that Carrow Road concessions across the board are less extensive than other clubs whilst minimum admissions are amongst the highest.    

Let's hope the upcoming round of supporter consultation meetings facilitate some serious revisions going forward.      

As all on this thread said, including me, it wasn't a problem getting a ticket. So my minor personal crisis is over. 

However I still consider the actions of the club to be wrong and my criticism valid.

I would also wish to offer my thanks to GMF, Essex and Commonsense for providing constructive comments and interesting background into the issues behind my little dilemma. If any or all of you are part of this supporter consultation team then I feel the club will be in a better place going forward. 

Hugs

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

The match pick would have been a very good idea in 2019-20. My son, living in the South East and wanting to attend matches there only wasted much time and got absolutely nothing from his own purchase that season going with me only when my wife declined the midweek Spurs matches. Unfortunately it didn't apply in that season and now serves to effectively charge £60 per ticket for Ipswich. 

A Hull fan going to Leeds this season will only be paying £20. A far cheaper day out than for our fans whether to Leeds or Ipswich.

Prior to this scheme the size of my shareholding effectively allowed a match pick for any game I wanted to go to prior to the unilateral withdrawal without consultation.

No wonder the Club is now in unprecedented territory in the bottom half of the away attendance league table. Ditto for home matches where it is all very selective concerning over 75 concessions when the reality is that Carrow Road concessions across the board are less extensive than other clubs whilst minimum admissions are amongst the highest.    

Let's hope the upcoming round of supporter consultation meetings facilitate some serious revisions going forward.      

Yes but as has been pointed out on here Leeds fans are still having to pay £45 to attend the match against us next week. I can just imagine your reaction if we offered a lower price to away fans than home ones in the same stand ( except when we are forced to in the Premier League). There really is no need to complain about what the club has done but of course you will anyway!

2 hours ago, debbie does norwich said:

As all on this thread said, including me, it wasn't a problem getting a ticket. So my minor personal crisis is over. 

However I still consider the actions of the club to be wrong and my criticism valid.

I would also wish to offer my thanks to GMF, Essex and Commonsense for providing constructive comments and interesting background into the issues behind my little dilemma. If any or all of you are part of this supporter consultation team then I feel the club will be in a better place going forward. 

Hugs

GMF is on the OSP.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, essex canary said:

I don’t recall this benefit being mentioned in the original share offering back in the early 2000’s. Was this part of the agreement subsequently negotiated with McNally a few years later?

Your comment regarding its unilateral withdrawal does rather hint of an air of entitlement based purely upon your shares.

1 hour ago, GMF said:

I don’t recall this benefit being mentioned in the original share offering back in the early 2000’s. Was this part of the agreement subsequently negotiated with McNally a few years later?

Your comment regarding its unilateral withdrawal does rather hint of an air of entitlement based purely upon your shares.

HINT AT- Have you not read any of Essex’s multiple posts on the subject. This guy doesn’t hint at anything-It’s a full on in your face air of entitlement, which extends to his entire family!!

Edited by Commonsense
Spelling

On 15/01/2024 at 22:51, debbie does norwich said:

I tend to agree that a wet Wednesday in Leeds may not be over subscribed but they have effectively taken away my match pick which goes against the the membership scheme.

If you get your ticket, which you are very likely to, they havent taken away your match pick

2 hours ago, GMF said:

What he means is as an associate director he could make a call to the corporate hospitality office and ask for tickets using that entitlement you mention Gary. He gave up that perk when he resigned.

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

What he means is as an associate director he could make a call to the corporate hospitality office and ask for tickets using that entitlement you mention Gary. He gave up that perk when he resigned.

The point I was trying to make, Tilly, is that no such benefit was detailed in the original share offer document, back in 2002.

If it was subsequently granted, then it was probably in exchange for another concession, and I’m pretty sure McNally subsequently had some input on that somewhere along the line.

I was hoping that someone might explain, but that would probably go against the principle of being open and transparent, a criticism that’s often directed at others…

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I suspect I may have given up that perk when trading a corporate seating arrangement for a general admission arrangement but no club official had the good grace or level of professionalism to tell me that at the time.

3 hours ago, GMF said:

The point I was trying to make, Tilly, is that no such benefit was detailed in the original share offer document, back in 2002.

If it was subsequently granted, then it was probably in exchange for another concession, and I’m pretty sure McNally subsequently had some input on that somewhere along the line.

I was hoping that someone might explain, but that would probably go against the principle of being open and transparent, a criticism that’s often directed at others…

You are right in that it was minuted in AD Notes of Meeting in 2011 but apparently according to the Club such Notes constitute only an informal agreement. Presumably then they can dismiss any agreements in supporter Consultative group meetings in exactly the same way when they wish to extricate from anything they have previously agreed?

Edited by essex canary

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just got 4, although I never go to matches @nutty nigel

Some buy tickets just to get the ‘stubs’ for next season with no intention of going. Nutty might demand a time stamped photo in front of the Shankly statue ( big grin )

That said you’d be crackers buying Liverpool tickets when you could have got Hull terrace for eight quid. Maybe Nutty won’t need the photo after all.

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Some buy tickets just to get the ‘stubs’ for next season with no intention of going. Nutty might demand a time stamped photo in front of the Shankly statue ( big grin )

That said you’d be crackers buying Liverpool tickets when you could have got Hull terrace for eight quid. Maybe Nutty won’t need the photo after all.

Special match for me personally. Daughter in last year of Uni at Leeds so wants to see this game. I’ve indoctrinated her well to keep the Yellow flag flying high. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Chuffed for you.

Now don’t let yourself and your buddies down. Four of you is easily enough to hold up a bedsheet and a couple of bike lights. Just don’t go happy clapping like you did at Carrow Road against Leicester. This is your big chance,  don’t fluff your lines…

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

18 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Chuffed for you.

Now don’t let yourself and your buddies down. Four of you is easily enough to hold up a bedsheet and a couple of bike lights. Just don’t go happy clapping like you did at Carrow Road against Leicester. This is your big chance,  don’t fluff your lines…

19 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Special match for me personally. Daughter in last year of Uni at Leeds so wants to see this game. I’ve indoctrinated her well to keep the Yellow flag flying high. 

Nutty would prefer it to be a yellow bedsheet ( wink )

30 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Nutty would prefer it to be a yellow bedsheet ( wink )

I'd prefer these keyboard warriors would have the courage of their convictions. Perhaps this time I will not be disappointed...