Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the PUPs Season 17 Week 24

One last one because I think I got Kiwi's wrong. We need this...

Billy Sharp Last goal, Liam Delap anytime + 2:2 Draw

£1 Bet 365

275/1

£276.00

On 10/01/2024 at 23:32, PurpleCanary said:

For the match bet, Norwich City to score a penalty.

The Turkish 1. Lig.

Bodrum FK to win at home against Giresunspor.

Bodrum FK have a 5-2-1 home record while Giresunspor have a 1-1-7 away record, and have lost their last six, with a 4/16 goal difference. The odds are 1/4.

Good luck to all!

34 minutes ago, Leedscanary said:

Hey everyone,

As @nutty nigel alluded to last week and I mentioned in my post earlier, today marks 15 years since the passing of our dear friend "Arrdee" Ray Ducker - the lovely old boy. It was Ray who had the lightbulb moment of setting up "The Free Bet" thread.

For a trip down memory lane - the first Free Bet can be viewed here https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/22178-free-bet-for-pink-un-posters/&tab=comments#comment-190585

You will notice a few familiar names on there from all those years ago - and sadly many who are no longer with us, either picking wise or dearly departed.

The Free Bet was originally negotiated with Billy Dixon of Dixmar Racing, Reepham Road who gave Arrdee £10 free to place bets with any proceeds going to charity. This was initially The Norwich City Youth Academy. 

As time went on, we went from The Academy, to FONCY, then the CSF and during the past 17 years have raised £30,000 for these organisations. 

Regular Pups presentation nights and days have happened with Eddie kindly hosting many at the Bayer Club - Pups were present along with Billy Dixon and various Football Club members over the years. These presentations have continued with Eddie forging a great relationship with the CSF and the DS team.

Sadly, Billy Dixon disappeared a few seasons after Ray passed - since then the thread has relied on the donations of Pups to carry on.

All under the stewardship of Eddie @nutty nigel without whom this fundraiser would have ended years ago. Thank you Eddie for your efforts in carrying this on in Ray's memory.

For those who didn't know Arrdee, he had a wonderful way with words on this forum - some of his stories live on forever in the tribute archive https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/forum/19-remembering-arrdee/

Apologies for the history lesson - indeed, a potted history, I'm sure Eddie could articulate it better.

But today of all days, I felt it needed saying.

Leedscanary

Since I've never met any of you so of course I've never met "the founder" so I was searching the depths of the forum last night to see what pups what like and he seemed to have a good manner about him in his postings and he is well spoke of.  It was Interesting with the different terms used and I can only be thankful Nutty has simplifed his stats these days because I had not a clue what was going on. It was like trying to re-learn pups again.

He seemed proud of Norwich having the only "free-bet" in the world and I'll add probably the only forum with an entire section dedicated to him. So thanks Ray for creating a good bit of fun for me to find and enjoy years down the road all the while raising money for charity. And apologies for not coming up with one of my more "banker" picks this week, as they say around here you'll get them next week.

• Like 3

In bocca al lupo 🦮 Diesel…ed ai tutti i voi PUPetti 🤗🥰💃🦮

Siamo sicuramente nei mani buoni con la Diesel questa settimana qua’ …

….sono andato alla bella Roma con la mia figlia Felice non tanto tempo fa…ma che posto splendida…!…e che belli ricordi 💃🥰🥰🇮🇹

..quindi mica facile raccomandare:

Roma vs ASD Pomigliano - Home win 🏡🏆

Parma

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
💃💃🥰👍🦮🦮🤗💃🇮🇹🏡🏆

5 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

For cugino @PurpleCanary

…maybe this is quite defining? Maybe frustrations boil over onto the pitch?…

BTTS, more than 2.5 goals, Norwich to lose, red card.

Parma 

..anche il mio fratello @nutty nigel allora..😂😂

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
😂🤣

6 hours ago, Diane said:

Southampton would be my suggestion

I had a dream ncfc 1-2 win 🤣

Good Luck pups

Wow! Great prediction, Diane!

• Thanks 1

Right, here goes. Thank you everyone for your picks. Let's hope we can add some more money to the pot.

RAITH

SOUTHAMPTON

RB LEIPZIG

CHESTER

THE NEW SAINTS

BOLTON

As this is a special weekend where we remember the great man who started this wonderful thread it seems only right to wing you another tenner Eddie for an extra 6.

DUMBARTON

BAYER LEVERKUSEN

BORUSSIA DORTMUND

GILLINGHAM

MILAN

SPORTING LISBON ( My pick)

Good luck everyone and thanks again Eddie for all you do 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Diane said:

Southampton would be my suggestion

I had a dream ncfc 1-2 win 🤣

Good Luck pups

Well dreamt @Diane  :classic_smile:

That helped us to add £15.36 to the pot.

So a PUPs win and a City win on the day we rermember Arrdee.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Diesel Doris said:

Right, here goes. Thank you everyone for your picks. Let's hope we can add some more money to the pot.

RAITH

SOUTHAMPTON

RB LEIPZIG

CHESTER

THE NEW SAINTS

BOLTON

As this is a special weekend where we remember the great man who started this wonderful thread it seems only right to wing you another tenner Eddie for an extra 6.

DUMBARTON

BAYER LEVERKUSEN

BORUSSIA DORTMUND

GILLINGHAM

MILAN

SPORTING LISBON ( My pick)

Good luck everyone and thanks again Eddie for all you do 

Thanks for these Trish and thanks for the extra set you star. I love them, if we get that little bit of luck we always need I can see both sets coming in. I've placed both sets with Bet 365. Set 1 has a potential return of £71.56. Here are the details...

RB Leipzig **EP**

4/9

14:30 Sat

Raith

1/2

15:00 Sat

Southampton **EP**

2/5

Chester

4/9

Bolton **EP**

2/5

TNS

1/6

17:15 Sat

Set 2 has a potential return of £297.56. Here are those details...

Leverkusen **EP**

1/2

14:30 Sat

Dumbarton

13/10

Gillingham **EP**

2/1

Dortmund **EP**

8/15

17:30 Sat

Sporting **EP**

1/4

18:00 Sat

Inter Milan **EP**

9/20

19:45 Sat

All the games are tomorrow so it will be fun following these on a Norwich City winning weekend.

Good luck Trish and all you PUPs ... :classic_smile:...

Edited by nutty nigel
🤞🍀💪💪🏿

5 hours ago, Diesel Doris said:

Well done Eddie 👏👏 and Diane let me know if you dream my lottery numbers, ta 😂 

Good Luck Mum 😘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Leedscanary said:

As @nutty nigel alluded to last week and I mentioned in my post earlier, today marks 15 years since the passing of our dear friend "Arrdee" Ray Ducker - the lovely old boy. It was Ray who had the lightbulb moment of setting up "The Free Bet" thread.

Lovely tribute @Leedscanary - thanks for this. Sending good wishes to @nutty nigel and to all those who knew Ardee. And how wonderful that you got a win in his honour, Eddie. OTBC

• Like 1

Some PUP Power needed for RB Leipzig, who are 1-0 down with 30 minutes to Go. By the by I notice that Mel Blyth, who was on our books as a youngster but never played for the first team, has died. RIP.

14 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Some PUP Power needed for RB Leipzig, who are 1-0 down with 30 minutes to Go. By the by I notice that Mel Blyth, who was on our books as a youngster but never played for the first team, has died. RIP.

And for Bayer L, who have just gone 1-0 down.

Goal VARRED out but BL still need to score.

Edited by PurpleCanary

The Bolton match in set 1 has been postponed (or more correctly I suppose, abandoned) due to a medical incident in the crowd.

22 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

And for Bayer L, who have just gone 1-0 down.

Goal VARRED out but BL still need to score.

Bayer L scored in the 94th minute to win, and the Bolton game has been abandoned, in the second set. In the first set sadly RB Leipzig lost.

6 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Now it's Dumbarton and Gillingham needing a goal.

Lets up that PUPpower for these two...

Edited by nutty nigel
💪🏿💪💪🏿💪💪🏿💪

Goal Gillingham!

Keep that PUPpower going..

Edited by nutty nigel
💪🏿💪💪🏿💪💪🏿💪

Just now, nutty nigel said:

That's unlucky @Diesel Doris we need everything to go our way and not much has today. You'll get them next time.

Cheers Eddie...perhaps I'll win the lottery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

The Bolton match in set 1 has been postponed (or more correctly I suppose, abandoned) due to a medical incident in the crowd.

That was my pick, so for the stats I'll switch to Girona to win away to Almeria.

Edit: just tagging @nutty nigel

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

That was my pick, so for the stats I'll switch to Girona to win away to Almeria.

Edit: just tagging @nutty nigel

I also picked Bolton, abandoned due to a medical emergency, I believe. Hope everything works out for whoever is involved.

What’s the situation with this @nutty nigel? Another pick permitted, or not? 

23 minutes ago, GMF said:

I also picked Bolton, abandoned due to a medical emergency, I believe. Hope everything works out for whoever is involved.

What’s the situation with this @nutty nigel? Another pick permitted, or not? 

Yes of course make another pick Gary. 

• Thanks 1